The 4* Meta Will Kill This Game

13»

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I don't see why this is a problem. As a transitional 4* player I will see 3* transitional rosters. These rosters are more likely to have higher points, thus pushing me up the ladder faster than lower rosters. Granted it may be rougher from 0-200 points, but this all depends on how well their system works in showing us low rosters that bit off more than they can chew.

If all goes well, we will still be beating up on low level rosters, just those that have lots of points as opposed to those who have 300 and you have 0.
  • While I don't agree with the idea that 4* are entitled to easy wins, there absolutely should be an advantage for having a 4* roster or why even try to win events to build your characters? This is a problem with the game in general and it's probably a bigger problem in PvE than PvP. In PvP your X Force is indeed the most powerful character available and even if MMR decides to give you all very tough matches, at least nobody is stronger than him. You don't magically get level 395 Kicksthatkick teams just because you're a PvP all star.

Not even counting any balance issues, the underlying problem is that it takes a lot of games for the strong players/rosters to separate from the pack. Currently, the game puts in some kind of hyper inflated pace in favor of offense to generate more games, but since the games are inflated to favor offense this means you don't really ever defend successfully against anyone so there's still no easy way to separate from the pack. But if the game is not on this hyper inflated pace you'd be looking at 450 being a great score at the end of 2.5 days and that's just an awfully small amount of room to place players even if we're on LR scoring rules. If you look at most games with a competitive model, you'll notice the equivalent of regular season usually lasts more than 2.5 days, because it's really crazy to expect 2.5 days to be enough to determine anything meaningful in terms of ranking.