POLL: Balance of Power

Comments

• Thought jugs was only doing 6k headbutts in this one? But yes you are correct, match damage only on the scaling thing, but it does seem a ~bit~ less extreme than previous runs.

The climb will be much more painful, but for those willing you can use a wide array of teams to hop with, just don't be too slow!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    I think these themed event should have a ban list based on what happened the last time it's ran so that it's not exactly the same each time.

I might be a bit out of the loop here. What happened last time?
  • Thought jugs was only doing 6k headbutts in this one? But yes you are correct, match damage only on the scaling thing, but it does seem a ~bit~ less extreme than previous runs.

The climb will be much more painful, but for those willing you can use a wide array of teams to hop with, just don't be too slow!

Huh... that is weird. Maybe they are reworking over scaled guys so the rotating buff PvP thing becomes standard? Maybe I am thinking of some other time Juggs headbutt me for 11k. I hope any rework is applying to PvE enemies also. Anything to deflate 395 Ares is good by me.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Thought jugs was only doing 6k headbutts in this one? But yes you are correct, match damage only on the scaling thing, but it does seem a ~bit~ less extreme than previous runs.

Huh... that is weird. Maybe they are reworking over scaled guys so the rotating nerf PvP thing becomes standard? Maybe I am thinking of some other time Juggs headbutt me for 11k. I hope any rework is applying to PvE enemies also. Anything to deflate 395 MarsAttacks is good by me.

Yeah I don't think juggs headbutts for 11k even at 395. You must be misremembering
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went for 'eh, kinda'? Because it's no fun if you're actually seriously competing, because every match becomes a huge slog because of the huge amounts of hp and because Juggernaut is really overpowered in this event.

If you don't need any of the awarded covers, though, it's fun to try some crazy/silly combinations. I just played a match with Bag-Man, Bullseye and Invisible Woman, just because I could.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think these themed event should have a ban list based on what happened the last time it's ran so that it's not exactly the same each time.

I might be a bit out of the loop here. What happened last time?

No what I mean is if last time everyone is overwhelmingly using a certain character they can ban the character next time around so we don't get to see say, Juggernaut, all over again.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    It's a fun idea for an event as it lets players mess around with fully leveled versions of their characters.

I like that it exists but I personally hate it. It doesn't translate into a fun competitive gaming experience.
    Every match sees you barely clinging onto life and it takes an absurd amount of resources to do well.

Cool idea. Not fun.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Voted "Eh, Kinda?" - I don't enjoy it myself, but it still serves a purpose for new players so I wouldn't vote to banish it forever-more.
    I know my characters are boosted too, but overall it still feels like overscaled PvE matches to me - slow & more chore than game.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I don't get the aversion. Oh no, Juggernaut it good in 1 event that happens every 3 months...

Seriously, the boosted Daken tournament tends to be way more annoying than dealing with Juggs.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to hate it, but since the last few PvPs have felt a lot like it, it kinda takes the edge off it...
  • It would have been cool to run this event after the upcoming 1buffs, so that people who have these characters maxcovered, but only at lvl 40 (because who puts iso in them?) could test them out a bit and make a new iso decision ... or not.

/edit: evil forum replaces "1buffs" with "nerf". well played, d3, well played.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    It was really fun when I had a less developed roster, and in this event I could compete with more senior players. Now that I have a more developed roster, it is kind of a grind since each match takes so long. But overall, it is probably good for the MPQ community.
  • New player here (<3 weeks). The event is kinda of broken. Lvl 1 jugs makes it unfair.
    I am using lvl 1 jugs, Kamala Kahn and 3* daken and it's easy to spam attacks. Being able to do 6000 damage is ridiculous, it usually only takes 1 hit. Combined with kamala khans healing and jugs Headbutt isn't much of a draw back (deal 6800, take 2000).
  • Don't worry Mrx0, that ability to one shot people with Juggernaut will dissapear quickly, both inside BoP as characters begin to have 14,000+ health and as soon as it's over. Relish your one ability to win some covers in PvP before you get scaled out again.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love it because it's not the standard PvP format. Kinda like how I love the last few PvP events with the multiple boosted characters. I'm not saying it's perfect, but after a year of playing the same god-damn PvP events week in and week out, I slaver at the thought of a little variety.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy it when it is an off season event and doesn't offer any covers I need, so I don't have to worry about scores and ranking.

It's fun to fool around with all my 1-4* characters that are otherwise not viable in pvp (Venom's Gastronomic Adventures in Juggs and Dino-eating, abetted by Spidey) and also boggle at some of the numbers on abilities like Cstorm's Windstorm (5k aoe for 11ap!), and Cyclop's Full Blast (up to 13k! Go blast them all away, Mr Perky!)

Not really keen on fighting my.way up a mountain of Juggs and Ares, though.
  • It's much needed. You get to see what you are working for. Why wouldn't you want that?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see an event like this but lock out the top tier characters (or maybe just buff all but these characters) - juggs, ares, all thors, patch/xf, obw, hood, loki, maybe cstorm, hulk and all dakens. then there would be some interesting teams out there - things we don't normally see. as it is, teams are still very predictable even though you have all of them to choose from. I know an event like that would bring the scourge of the forumites but it would be more interesting imo.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beast, Doom, Patch.. i have gotten more defensive wins while asleep then while actually playing lol. 2 chars with heals, apparently the AI just heals all day and summons demons... sorry for anyone i faced, those matched mustve taken forever!!
  • Surprisingly fun at lvl 270? 2 Star Mrs. Marvel. Wiping opposing teams off the map with her black power. I target down their biggest gun and just fire that off asap and by the time I get to the 2nd/3rd guys they are either already dead or close.