ISO-8 Brotherhood PVE Didn't Suck (Not April Fools)

2»

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    The event was fun even though I scored 138,774 and was Rank 12. I got a few gold covers throughout the event so it was good invested time.

I do hope to not see 12hr slices anymore, I was sick one morning and it cost me the top 10!
  • Got 4 - 3* from the standards, and managed an X-Force from an event token! Wasn't even trying that hard, eg, didn't get the new character. One of the luckier events I've had.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoyed this one too. Was only going for T100 and got there without sacrificing my life. Token pulls were pretty good too...in terms of luck if not, oh, I can use these! One K Khan, three 4*s and a GSBW.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love IsoBros. Love, love, love.

The big caveat being that every time it runs, I play it in a very specific manner: I grind until I get all the rewards from nodes or it hits 1 point, whichever comes first. Playing in this fashion doesn't get me a high overall finish, but I do walk away with at least one overall reward cover in addition to a heap of Iso and other rewards from the nodes. And I do it all for a total of about 2 hours of play in any given 12-hour period. That's a nice bit of time to spend playing the game.

Given that the devs don't seem to be in any hurry to add new PvE events, I will state without reservation that I would not complain a single bit if every last PvE was IsoBros from now until eternity. icon_e_geek.gif
  • During the course of iso-8 the token gods were kind to me, not all tokens came from iso 8 but all were opened during the event, finished rank 57 for reference.

Kamala purple
    4Thor red
    4Thor blue
    GSBW red
    Fury Blue
    Squirrel girl yellow
    Iron Fist purple

Only the GSBW was unneeded, and I fear I should look out for broken mirrors and black cats for when the pendulum swings the other way.
  • I finished top two in the majority of the easy subs, top 30 in every sub I didn't finish top 2 in, got event tokens from the alliance rewards most rounds, and probably opened ~35 event tokens, plus a handful of heroics, and who knows how many standards, and didn't get a single usable cover out of any of them.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 12 hour sub thing is a side effect of them moving away from long, drawn-out PvE. Like, I think the first time they ran ISO-8 (when it rewarded Black Panther) it had 24 hour subs, but it was a week and a half long event. It's probably easier just to reset the sub timers than cut out pieces of them, so here we are.

It makes for a lot of prize opportunities over a short period, but that last 4 hours in each sub is a nightmare if you're shooting for a high placement. I joined an early bracket and had to play pretty heavily just to get top 50; I finished last night feeling entirely drained.

Overall, though, this is one of the better PvEs. I think it was my favorite before Enemy of the State, too.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished 3rd in my bracket with a mere 68K.