Deadpool Daily is NOT the answer

2»

Comments

• konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    i wish they would slow down the character releases.

it used to be omg omg a new charcater. and now its like.... meh what contraption did they fail at this time. release 1 characters a month not 3.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    simonsez wrote:
    rednailz wrote:
    ISO take is pretty subjective, but I don't work too hard and I take in 50 - 80k ISO a week. So for me that seems reasonable. you aren't going to want to have all your charecters to 166 anyway, some of them really aren't worth it.
    I would've agreed with you a week ago, but if the PvP buffs continue, it feels like they're pushing us in that direction. I don't want to end up in a situation where I want the 1k progression, but I don't have anything buffed.

yeah, I have to agree with that 100% now...fair enough. Even a lvl 166 beast may see it's day.
  • rednailz wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    rednailz wrote:
    ISO take is pretty subjective, but I don't work too hard and I take in 50 - 80k ISO a week. So for me that seems reasonable. you aren't going to want to have all your charecters to 166 anyway, some of them really aren't worth it.
    I would've agreed with you a week ago, but if the PvP buffs continue, it feels like they're pushing us in that direction. I don't want to end up in a situation where I want the 1k progression, but I don't have anything buffed.

yeah, I have to agree with that 100% now...fair enough. Even a lvl 166 beast may see it's day.

This is the best endorsement I have heard for "keep the PvP buffs". Clearly it promotes roster diversity if you are contemplating a 166 beast helping your roster.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Lerysh wrote:
    rednailz wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    rednailz wrote:

This is the best endorsement I have heard for "keep the PvP buffs". Clearly it promotes roster diversity if you are contemplating a 166 beast helping your roster.

I'm not contemplating it, but resigning to the fact it may be necissary. Because Beast is boosted this PvP I decided to dust off my twice used level 43 (leveled him 3 levels onday 1 of winning him) 5/5/1 beast and figured, let's give it a whirl for kicks. While he didn't literally do nothing his 2 blues I got off were nothing more than 2 shotty minute long animations of beast messing with test tubes like a jr high chemistry teacher.

there are some charecters I hate using, and some I don't like so much I'm not even keeping them. I'm done with the pokemon approach. I will only be competing for new releases of charecters that look good (like for real good, not another *yawn* mid tier 3*, or I actually like). If I miss out on a 4* progression PvP reward, so be it. I'll get it next time around in 9 months....lol.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Just want to say I think there is a ton of iso8.png out there now days. Having several buffed characters in pvp doesn't mean you need to max all of them to be competitive.

For spideycoin.png I also feel like there is plenty up for grabs, depending on where you're at. Has anyone tried adding up a weeks worth of progression rewards in PvP/PvE/Resupply/DDQ avg? Only people that will need more are those who still need older characters too. Not having space the instant you get them seems like a fair penalty if you're decidedly F2P.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand that some people feel like the rotating buff system 'requires' you to max every character, but realistically, all it does is reinforce that you need to get the good 3*s (because the bad 3*s will still be trash buffed - see Beast, Doc Ock, Gamora, She-Hulk, et al), but now you have a better chance of reaching above your usual means and actually transition easier, because your buffed Hood or buffed Thor can somewhat compete with the X-Force, Xavier, and Fury of the upper escutcheon.

Yup, it's going to be a little harder for everyone to hit those 1k progressions, because there's more noise going on in that area (and the area right under it), but it gives more people a chance to do well, as a whole community, and I think that's a good thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree, ISO needs to be doubled everywhere.

Oh, and 4*'s need to be added to DDQ, perhaps three runs of 3* and then a run of the 4*, or one 4* a week. The incredible rarity of these covers while they are constantly added is ridiculous.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

Oh, and 4*'s need to be added to DDQ, perhaps three runs of 3* and then a run of the 4*, or one 4* a week. The incredible rarity of these covers while they are constantly added is ridiculous.

XGSl4Uq.jpg
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    3/4 of the 3*s that get buffed you don't want to use even if they are boosted anyway, and who says you need them at 166? There is a difference between ISO shortage and people who feel they have to have everything maxed.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    3/4 of the 3*s that get buffed you don't want to use even if they are boosted anyway, and who says you need them at 166? There is a difference between ISO shortage and people who feel they have to have everything maxed.

So basically your saying, the shortages are made up. That's not really a fair way of looking at it, unless you work for D3.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoopa wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

So basically your saying, the shortages are made up. That's not really a fair way of looking at it, unless you work for D3.

He's saying they are irrational (maybe even slightly entitled imo).

Like I detailed above, it is absolutely not a necessity to max anywhere near all the 3*s. There will probably be like five of them that will make a splash in PvP that aren't already good and "must haves" - probably not even that many. The top ten or so 3*s just got a major rotated buff. The majority of 3*s will be extremely meh even with the buff (which is a statement within itself).

Fringe guys like Colossus (because he'll be a serious tank boosted) or maybe people like Psylocke or Punisher (because of damage boosts), might see a jump in play, but I highly doubt it (and it will highly depend on who else is buffed with them), and I highly doubt they'll be essential to be competitive.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Hoopa wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

He's saying they are irrational (maybe even slightly entitled imo).

Like I detailed above, it is absolutely not a necessity to max anywhere near all the 3*s. There will probably be like five of them that will make a splash in PvP that aren't already good and "must haves" - probably not even that many. The top ten or so 3*s just got a major rotated buff. The majority of 3*s will be extremely meh even with the buff (which is a statement within itself).

Fringe guys like Colossus (because he'll be a serious tank boosted) or maybe people like Psylocke or Punisher (because of damage boosts), might see a jump in play, but I highly doubt it (and it will highly depend on who else is buffed with them), and I highly doubt they'll be essential to be competitive.

I agree with you to a certain degree, but just looking at my roster I can see a huge hole in that argument as well. While established 3 and 4* rosters should be able to compete either way (due to having the best characters covered and maxed already), people that are truly transitioning into 3* land will be subject to even worse iso shortages with the buffs.

I can compete for top 100 regularly so this will be my basis for analysis. Let's say the next set of buffed characters consist of Black Panther, Blade, Colossus, Punisher, and Storm for 3*'s. Obviously the cream of the crop here is BP and Blade, Colossus next tier as a meat shield, and then Storm and Pun as lower tier due to obvious shortcomings (I won't include the bottom of the barrel as they won't generally be seen regardless of buffs i.e. Beast, Doc Ock, etc.).

I am getting a nice group of characters into the 114-140 range, which when buffed can win against maxed teams (even buffed) due to the offense vs. defense advantage. In this scenario though I don't own BP or Colossus, Blade is my obvious go to character, but in order to even compete for a top 100 spot I'm going to have to beat maxed buffed BP, Blade, and Colossus. My only real option to compete at this point is to dump a bunch of iso into Pun or Storm, because the only way to compete with those characters is to have the HP's to sustain whatever the AI does get off and deal enough damage to take out their upped health. I have a lot of other characters I need to dump that iso into to field my best overall rosters, but in a buffed world I'll either have to just give up on competing or spend that iso on lesser characters. This is where the iso shortage is going to hit harder, because 2 weeks ago all my iso was going to Hood, Blade, 3* Thor, etc. and now it's going to depend on what I need to compete each week.

All that said, I do like the buffed character rotation and support the idea. Some have said the leveling is a little off and I can get behind that as well (maybe maxing buffs at 10 levels below the max in the next tier?) and hopefully the data works out what needs to be done to see some minor balancing tweaks like that. The iso shortage will be much harder on middle of transition players who don't have their primary team complete though and throwing in some double iso PvP's certainly could help to ease the change in style for some who are against it, if they continue with this model next season.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'd like to see them do a mini-gauntlet with fixed scaling like they do for ddq, maybe call it something like "Xavier's Institute for the Gifted" and have it run for a few days (2? 3?). One tab only, give it 10-15 nodes, make the node rewards one-time, random and high, like maybe 250/500/1000/2000 ISO, and have the final progression be a 4* cover. Probably start out running it between seasons, then up the frequency as more 4*'s are released. It'd provide another avenue to get 4* covers and be a nice ISO boost for those in the 4* transition.

ETA: And now I see there's a whole thread about a ddq weekly quest dedicated to this very subject