Deadpool Daily is NOT the answer

Options
simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
If you're going to release a new 4* every single month, and if you're going to continue super-buffing 3*s in PvP, which means we need to level up characters we might never bother with, an extra 5k ISO a day is NOT going to help much at all. You guys are going to need to come up with a much better answer to the ISO shortage. Or, you could just ease up on the ridiculous pace of these new character releases, and/or chalk up the PvP experiment as "nice try, but not where we want the game to go".

But unless attrition is a metric you're now looking to maximize, you CAN'T have it both ways.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    My biggest issue with the buffs was not the extra importance of a deep roster, but the slow down in games. I have just about all the chars I want to have at 166 (with 2x 270)....and a stockpile of about 700k iso. With the games slowing down it reduces the fun, as the odds you get hit go up and its difficult to sustain the adrenaline rush of trying to get the game wrapped as quickly as possible when you know its going to take forever.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought it solved all problems for all time?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    My biggest issue with the buffs was not the extra importance of a deep roster, but the slow down in games. I have just about all the chars I want to have at 166 (with 2x 270)....and a stockpile of about 700k iso. With the games slowing down it reduces the fun, as the odds you get hit go up and its difficult to sustain the adrenaline rush of trying to get the game wrapped as quickly as possible when you know its going to take forever.

My worry is that slowing down matches is one of the things they were hoping for. I enjoyed the powered-up experiment for the first two. . . but honestly, that's because they happened to power up the characters I would have been using anyway. I'm dreading a rotation where characters I don't have fully covered are powered up. I also found that by the third PvP I was fatigued by how long matches were taking.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not just the ISO...they claimed that DPD was the answer for HP and roster slots, too. I have only received 2 tokens worth 250 each. Meanwhile, three characters have came out? At 700 a pop...hmmm. If they want DPD to be the answer, then there should be a HP reward in there everyday with tokens just being icing on the cake.

And yes, it is very nice to get covers. But you get a cover...and then need 25k to level up your guy. They just really need to re-evaluate rewards across the board--pvp matches, pve events placement, and node rewards. Revamp it all. And reconsider the prices on HP and iso. It shouldn't cost $300 to max a 3*. Hell, I'd say it should only cost 10-20 to max it out. And even then, the game would be bringing in 20-40 a month if people were maxing new chars (and you still need one of each cover). A single cover should cost about $2. I mean, seriously, most IOS games cost $.99 to $2.99. A major retail game costs $60. So why should buying a single character out of 60+ cost $300?

And iso...heck, I'd love to drop some cash and buy iso to level all my guys. But $100 gets you enough to get about 20 levels? Lol!!

So reduce the costs of covers (heck, offer a "cover max" option) and you will sell more of them. Vets don't buy packs anyways, since the chances for 3* is low anyways, and the chance of getting something they need is extremely low. More and more new players read the forums and see the waste of packs. So sell covers cheaper, increase the rates on packs, and you will sell more of each. And if iso were something like 1 million for $100, people would actually buy it. People don't have fun with roster slots, so drop the price or make it something you can earn in game, and people will move money to the stuff that feels worth buying at the right price.
  • Roster slot pricing is a different issue, but I don't think "veteran players won't be able to easily have the ideal team at 166/270 in every single PVP" is an "issue" that really needs solving
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Roster slot pricing is a different issue, but I don't think "veteran players won't be able to easily have the ideal team at 166/270 in every single PVP" is an "issue" that really needs solving

This. All players have the same opportunities to get the same iso and rewards. It can be frustrating to play with limited resources, but all other players have the same restrictions.
  • Have an ISO PVE/PVP Event once every season. Instead of covers we get xx,xxx ISO for high placement.

I have 10 3* chars max covered but cannot play them due to the ISO drought. Good problem to have, but damn. We dumped all of our resources into a now worthless 4Thor.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh noes, our sparkly new toy has jumped the shark already? icon_mrgreen.gif

Just kidding, I very much do empathize with the OP. I don't feel DDQ is the problem, just to be clear. It's still a great event - I guess people are just feeling a bit like they're drinking from a fire hose with the new character releases - who all seem to be pretty good, btw
  • Switchman wrote:
    Have an ISO PVE/PVP Event once every season. Instead of covers we get xx,xxx ISO for high placement.

I have 10 3* chars max covered but cannot play them due to the ISO drought. Good problem to have, but damn. We dumped all of our resources into a now worthless 4Thor.

I like this idea. I would probably add another X tho. Top 5 300,000, top 20 200,000 top 50 100,000 top 150 50,000.

DDQ was never meant to answer the "iso drought". It's just a nifty daily thing you can do for 4700 iso if you don't need the cover. It was meant to answer the problem of covering characters, and I think it does a pretty good job at that.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Switchman wrote:
    Have an ISO PVE/PVP Event once every season. Instead of covers we get xx,xxx ISO for high placement.

I like this idea. I would probably add another X tho. Top 5 300,000, top 20 200,000 top 50 100,000 top 150 50,000.

DDQ was never meant to answer the "iso drought". It's just a nifty daily thing you can do for 4700 iso if you don't need the cover. It was meant to answer the problem of covering characters, and I think it does a pretty good job at that.

Covering characters and, in their words from the video, the answer to the roster slot purchasing problem.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    DDQ was never meant to answer the "iso drought".
    The answer at 2:45 of the last Q&A video says otherwise.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Roster slot pricing is a different issue, but I don't think "veteran players won't be able to easily have the ideal team at 166/270 in every single PVP" is an "issue" that really needs solving

This. All players have the same opportunities to get the same iso and rewards. It can be frustrating to play with limited resources, but all other players have the same restrictions.
    I know there's been a lot of complaining lately on the forums and it all kinda looks like "I used to win easily and now it's much harder". But I think you guys are ignoring an important aspect of these complaints which are " this is way less fun than I was having before ". You can certainly counter that by saying you should learn to play with other characters and you'll still find then fun, but their complaints aren't just pithy whining, they are legitimately having less fun with the game, which I totally understand cause I am too.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I know there's been a lot of complaining lately on the forums and it all kinda looks like "I used to win easily and now it's much harder". But I think you guys are ignoring an important aspect of these complaints which are " this is way less fun than I was having before ". You can certainly counter that by saying you should learn to play with other characters and you'll still find then fun, but their complaints aren't just pithy whining, they are legitimately having less fun with the game, which I totally understand cause I am too.

I'd have to agree....seems to me like forums are just complaining, even when positive changes happen, but there is an underlying issue of "less fun" and "more frustration". most of the concerns are pretty valid too, but I have no idea why each concern needs a new thread every day.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DDQ is not THE answer, but it is AN answer, at least to the 2->3* transition, which I think is all it was really meant to address.

As for the 3->4* transition, there's enough ISO out there (in part thanks to DDQ) to get them from new to functionally usable (level 180+) in 2 weeks. Maxing them is another story, but one that isn't even 100% necessary.
  • simonsez
    Options
    DDQ is not THE answer, but it is AN answer, at least to the 2->3* transition, which I think is all it was really meant to address.
    I just looked at the five 3*s that are buffed in the current PvP. I'm 562k ISO short of maxing them. I'm just saying we need more answers.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I just looked at the five 3*s that are buffed in the current PvP. I'm 562k ISO short of maxing them. I'm just saying we need more answers.

ISO take is pretty subjective, but I don't work too hard and I take in 50 - 80k ISO a week. So for me that seems reasonable. you aren't going to want to have all your charecters to 166 anyway, some of them really aren't worth it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I would luv to see an off-season, optional pvp event where you pay an admission price of like 200 hp to enter, and the top prize is something like 10,000 hp. Can you imagine how much players would spend in hp/iso to try to place first? icon_twisted.gif
  • simonsez
    Options
    rednailz wrote:
    ISO take is pretty subjective, but I don't work too hard and I take in 50 - 80k ISO a week. So for me that seems reasonable. you aren't going to want to have all your charecters to 166 anyway, some of them really aren't worth it.
    I would've agreed with you a week ago, but if the PvP buffs continue, it feels like they're pushing us in that direction. I don't want to end up in a situation where I want the 1k progression, but I don't have anything buffed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

562k would be about 38 days of playing for me, and I rarely play the LRs. Plus two of those characters (Beast/Gamora) you'd never max without an iso overload, so that's not really the number. Realistically you'd want Marvel/Grocket maxed, and maybe Storm. (but probably not Storm, since Marvel/Grocket/XForce is sufficient this PvP). That about 200k, which would be like 14 days. That's nothing, especially when you're talking about your tertiary roster options.
  • DDQ is not THE answer, but it is AN answer, at least to the 2->3* transition, which I think is all it was really meant to address.

As for the 3->4* transition, there's enough ISO out there (in part thanks to DDQ) to get them from new to functionally usable (level 180+) in 2 weeks. Maxing them is another story, but one that isn't even 100% necessary.

I'd still like to see them bring back first time clear bonuses in PvE, or up all the 70/140 nodes to 100/250 instead.

For me, right now, the iso comes and goes in waves. Earning about 12k+ a day in PvE and DDQ and PvP, not playing all that hard to get it, and if/when I level someone it's with the "be max level now" button so that eats 60k+ at a time.

My 250 TGT is sitting on my roster mocking me right now, daring me to max her out but not being really worth the trouble now.