Season of Regression

Options
124»

Comments

• Completely agree with the point about regression, by the end of the season, collecting 4* went from fun and rewarding to trivial and pointless.

My personal beef with the rotating buffs is that regular pvp's are now pretty much Balance of Power, sure, more even playing field and all that, but my playtime to reach 1000 has increased by at least 50%, that is a massive time investment for a relatively meaningless reward (who wants 4thor or Elektra anymore when buffed Iron Fist or Cage or any 3* which are not awful, will wipe the floor with them?).

I'm not even complaining about getting hit earlier and more frequently, riskier shield hops, taking serious damage every match etc., which contribute in a major way to increased play time, but the sheer volume of hit points to chew through in every match make for a dull experience, there's a reason a lot of people ignore pve, fighting level 300 Juggs, Ares and Daken on repeat is no one's idea of fun. Bottom line is, matches take too long and are not enjoyable to play.

I'm very time poor, and the sheer increase in playtime for each pvp pretty much turns the game into a chore, I went from scoring 1000+ in every pvp of the season and enjoying the process and the rewards to completely slacking on the last two, I found the experience painful, even though I had all of the buffed 3*s maxed.

I'm going to wait and see how the next season plays, but it seems like a good time to quit, if the devs declare this test a success.

I think the fact that they're running Balance of Power again in not a good sign, though I'm sure it'll seem less awful after the recent changes to regular pvp's, so they may be onto something here.
  • It would have been a lot nicer if Proffesor X covers had been easier to get. And if the Progression reward on his PvP hadn't been Purple. I now have a 0/3/0 Prof X. taking up roster space waiting for covers.

I get where the OP is coming from, it does feel like this season went kinda backwards in terms of progression, cutting out the legs from 4Thor. I did get a few Cage covers this season tho so that was nice, plus Iron Fist? Was Iron Fist this season? If so that's a definite roster upgrade.
  • Asmodai-o_O
    Asmodai-o_O Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are two types of players. A) is aware that progression walls are necessary to have something to work towards . Then B) everyone deserves a trophy, everyones a winner, don't hurt my feelings... I am player A. When I started out, in Season 2, I sold 3* to not sacrifice my growing 1 and 2* roster. I put in time in pve, even taking first on a few of them. I started to pvp, got both HP rewards and then stopping without shielding so I could increase roster size ASAP. Player B sells all of his 1 and 2*s and had 10 or so 3*, almost every one of them is single covered and all they do is whine about how hard the game is. There is a seemingly huge pool of player B.

Eventually I was on top of the 166 wall and proud. Now time to work on climbing 270. I was earning HP fast enough to buy XF covers semi frequently, I'm now using xf/3* daken a lot and loving it. All this time I'm working towards something. Now I spend my pvp slogging from 25 to 5xx vs boosted Ares (yawn) then its boosted 3* Thor til I throw up and shield til the shard ends after crossing alliance minimum. I'm not having fun, all of my effort over 340 days that led to enjoying my time in game, now instead has me wondering "why bother?" I don't lose any matches, I use 2 teams, I win on defense and after hitting min I stop playing. Theres no point to go to 1k. I almost didnt play rags event or finish sim for the season, instead finding a replacement if possible and only playing DP daily and then closing the game til the next day in hopes that MPQ's head would some day be removed from its ****.

Not because I'm butt hurt about incompetent devs that can't forsee issues pre-release, that players see without question.. but because the changes to make it easier on player B when everyone who got to where they are today did it by time and effort are making this game boring as F'. The feeling of accomplishment has evaporated. They already get pve with faster fights, weaker nodes, resulting in faster clears/resets. They already get their hand holded via the fantastic idea that is DP daily. Do they really need 170 2*'s to romp around pvp also? I'm not losing matches to them, I am however losing interest to them.
  • O..... K.... Total tangent time.

Apparently every character gets a new name on April First. Went to reread my post and thought "Who the hell is TeacherY".
  • There are two types of players. A) is aware that progression walls are necessary to have something to work towards . Then B) everyone deserves a trophy, everyones a winner, don't hurt my feelings... I am player A.
    Alternatively, there is player A who thinks that just because he's been playing the game longer he "deserves" to win top placement almost effortlessly, and player B who realizes that if newer players are faced with walls of battles they can't win and almost no chance of placing high enough to get worthwhile rewards even if they DO win, they won't stick around

(And I'm all for trying to "fix" that with more generous tokens or segregated events, but unfortunately that isn't the game we have now)
  • Lerysh wrote:
    O..... K.... Total tangent time.

Apparently every character gets a new name on April First. Went to reread my post and thought "Who the hell is TeacherY".

I think that was the profanity filter kicking in... I had to change the name to Xaiver rather than his other name which apparently this forum didn't like! O.o
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    9d716a27ae42507f64b582e0e8a26e85_zpsq5djerhr.jpg

EDIT: Drinking bear left because drinking bear is awesome, but the change to the 4* reward structure is greatly appreciated, and the upcoming season changes look really good as well.