OK Devs, so you screwed up

Options
13»

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Two weeks later. Still and still no acknowledgment that they botched the balance on 4Thor.

If they acknowledged it and fixed her, I'd buy the last cover I'm missing in an instant.

Actually, come to think of it, at this point, maybe I wouldn't. I've managed to not spend any money on the game since they announced the nerfs. Could be I'll just stay free at this point.

It's extra funny, because the game had just hit a high-point, then they decided to launch nerfs and MMR changes. In the span of 2 weeks, they went from loved to hated, and the fun-ness of the game took a similar downward dive.

Oh well, this topic might fade, but these events will be remembered whenever I consider whether or not to buy some HP.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    they didn't admit they went too far on spidey and sentry, why would you think they all of a sudden say 4thor our bad lets fix it. they try on some things like the alliance rewards ****?! but when comes to something many players that play competitively at the top hate it is just like IW never getting reworked.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or maybe, just maybe, they don't think they've gone too far. Crazy, I know!

There are two salient points to consider that I think are very relevant to this conversation. First being that we have at least some evidence that no one on the dev team plays at what we here would consider a competitive level. The signs thus far indicate mostly 2* rosters abound. So it stands to reason that they wouldn't even be ready to admit having erred, given that they have exactly zero frame of reference (personally) to judge.

The second being that only they know what is coming down the road in the future. Will has stated that the upcoming charge-generating characters would have made 4or even more ridiculously overpowered, hence their changes. Now I know it's a real stretch given the mood around here, but we might consider actually putting a little trust in the dev team. Excuse me while I hide until you run out of bottles to throw at me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the single best thing they could do to make everyone feel better about these kinds of changes would be to do them more regularly. Weekly, fortnightly, monthly, whatever. The interval doesn't matter all that much, so long as we all know it's coming. Of course it would be fantastic if they would actually make use of some of the advice and recommendations here, but I won't hold my breath. After all, what the **** could a **** of people who play their game for hours a day, month after month possibly know about it, right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Raffoon
    Options
    Keeping the dream alive...
  • Raffoon
    Options
    Alright, no more bumps for this topic. This is me walking away from the thread and taking my discretionary income with me.

I'll still play, but I sure won't ever pay again.