You get to fix Bullseye. Why? How?

Options
2»

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What I enjoyed the most about this discussion is that I was still stuck in this traps=bombs and didn't develop the character.

I was also stuck in last year's hit point scheme, as well as trying to make Fury's detonation become Bullseye's Tyler Durden experiment.

What I took from the specced out abilities you guys shared is that "anything is a weapon" is the most dominant theory for one of his abilities. The psychotic joy button that accrues AP whenever anyone dies is also a viable ability.

So a big damage output ability seems the last. I wanted more than just AP generation, anything's a weapon, and a big damage ability. That's why I leaned towards Active/passive. That way, we could eek out an ability+.

So would you say 7250 HP is the right amount of HP? And do we agree that he's a star.pngstar.pngstar.png Character?
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Is this an interview question for a designer job for MPQ?

I'd love it so much, even if it's telecommuting and part time.

Illtellyawhat, they definitely need someone to stop Beasts, Ragnarok 3.0s, and Daredevil 2.0s(and 70% of the 4* characters) from happening
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Quicksilver's Fists of Fury putting out a crit tile for 10-6 green AP, I feel that Bullseye's Murderous Aim is about to be broken. Too easy to get that 8000 damage. This is the time for a fix, and a third power.

6 greenflag.png I Never Miss
    1) Bullseye marks the front enemy and turns a random basic green tile into a two turn countdown tile. While active, all match damage is duplicated and applied to the marked target.
    2) Converts up to two friendly protect tiles to basic black tiles to increase the countdown duration by 1 per tile.
    3) Converts up to three friendly protect tiles. Basic green tile may now be selected.
    4) Converts up to four friendly protect tiles. If the marked target is downed when the countdown finishes, Bullseye gets a burst of [10% max health].
    5) Converts up to five friendly protect tiles. Burst of health increases to [20% max health]

After that, Murderous Aim can change. Take out the damage if there are enough critical tiles and change to:

If Bullseye targets I Never Miss, its countdown is reduced by one, and the marked target takes [roughly 2000 damage at max level], rather than creating a critical tile. This seems like reasonable damage at the cost along with the ability to mark multiple targets, thus targeting multiple I Never Miss tiles.

I Never Miss can have odd interaction with other powers. Life of the Party should activate if Deadpool is already in front, but the target is in back, as long as the other requirements are met. Espionage damage is not match damage, so will not duplicate. Control Shift stops dealing match damage (gives health burst to Moonstone if the target gets downed?)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Though I don't think that QS breaks Bullseye, I do think that stripping the almost useless trap clause out of Murderous Aim and then giving Bullseye a decent green power to make up for it would help prevent future abuse of some other combo.

I specced a bunch of Bullseye powers back in the day (can find it clicking the link in my signature); for a new idea, how about something like the following. Anyone else hate Onslaught for how cheap and efficient it is, especially when scaled up in PvE? Maybe the DA can get another cheap power to use green on, that's also efficient and terrible, but in a different way.

This is like an inverse of Squirrel Girl's purple power. It dishes out smaller hits than Ares' Onslaught, but creates Strikes, which means teaming with Daken will often keep him at maximum efficiency.

greenflag.pngPush the Advantage 7 Green AP
    Bullseye leveraging his team's strengths to cruelly expose his opponents' weaknesses. Creates 1 Red strike tile of strength 45, then deals 100 damage to the target for each friendly special tile on the board (up to 6 tiles).
      Rank 2: Creates 2 strike tiles.
      Rank 3: Deals 150 damage per friendly special tile on the board (max of 6 tiles).
      Rank 4: Creates 3 strike tiles.
      Rank 5: Deals 220 damage per friendly special tile on the board (max of 6 tiles).
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      Options
      To be fair, these abilities weren't TOOO far off from what star.pngstar.pngstar.png Bullseye became.

Postby ronin-san » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 am
      Since the 2 ability characters have been getting love (Daken, Loki, Doom - it's presumed Ragnarok and ultimately Bullseye will as well)....

What should Bullseye's third ability be? I say it should be another passive, but a good one. "I never miss" is what I propose. when fully covered, it generates a crit tile whenever he matches 4 in his primary colors and grants another turn.

1 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 green are matched.
      2 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 purple are matched.
      3 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 black are matched.
      4 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 team-up tiles are matched.
      5 Cover. treated as a five of a kind - free turn.

He could also do a fury-like shot that destroys tiles and leaves a bomb-like countdown tile. Call it something like Contract Kill, or something.

I dunno. Thoughts? Oh. How about a "anything's a weapon with me" ability that destroys his protect tiles and does damage per. It'd be the Daken-like ability. Cheap. Green. Does something fun like generates black tiles..

Anyway. Name Bullseye's new ability, just for giggles.

I got effect wrong, but I did call "Contract Killer" and "passive".