Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    never mind. character limit.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:
    I would love to see an updated character ranking as I'm in a crucial 2 - 3 star transition where I need to constantly decide who to get rid of.

As far as updating the list, I think that once a new list is made, when there's a new character there should just be a polling of comments like the single character discussion pages as to where to place the character in the rankings. It would save time rather than waiting for votes for all characters all over again. Maybe you could take into account how a new character would affect an old one but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's drastic.

With that being said. I need roster help! Who among the two stars is worth keeping? I have many 3 stars waiting to be added and plenty already rostered but with just a few covers each. Are there 3 stars I should just avoid? Problem is I won't be able to compete in ddq if I don't have the specific star, I like getting the tacos for a chance at 1k coins mostly and the ISO is great when you complete all of the missions.
    I keep Ares, OBW, Wolverine, Storm and magneto (though I sold my current one for the hp). I also keep a level 40 juggernaut around. You will 100% be able to coast through the DDQ with these characters. You can substitute Ares for Thor as well, but since Ares is a villain and actually faster than thor, I'd say he's the better choice.

I swear I have seen this post before, word for word. Do you have this answer copy and pasted somewhere for when you encounter the same question over and over again?
    I have never typed this answer before, nor do I appreciate the aggressive tone directed at me when I'm trying to help someone out.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:
    I would love to see an updated character ranking as I'm in a crucial 2 - 3 star transition where I need to constantly decide who to get rid of.

As far as updating the list, I think that once a new list is made, when there's a new character there should just be a polling of comments like the single character discussion pages as to where to place the character in the rankings. It would save time rather than waiting for votes for all characters all over again. Maybe you could take into account how a new character would affect an old one but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's drastic.

With that being said. I need roster help! Who among the two stars is worth keeping? I have many 3 stars waiting to be added and plenty already rostered but with just a few covers each. Are there 3 stars I should just avoid? Problem is I won't be able to compete in ddq if I don't have the specific star, I like getting the tacos for a chance at 1k coins mostly and the ISO is great when you complete all of the missions.
    I keep Ares, OBW, Wolverine, Storm and magneto (though I sold my current one for the hp). I also keep a level 40 juggernaut around. You will 100% be able to coast through the DDQ with these characters. You can substitute Ares for Thor as well, but since Ares is a villain and actually faster than thor, I'd say he's the better choice.

I swear I have seen this post before, word for word. Do you have this answer copy and pasted somewhere for when you encounter the same question over and over again?
    I have never typed this answer before, nor do I appreciate the aggressive tone directed at me when I'm trying to help someone out.

Aww man, I am really sorry my post came across as aggressive. If it was the case, I was actually going to say it was a really smart idea. Once again, I am very sorry as I always find your posts very helpful and I make/consider a lot of roster decisions based off of them. I don't really reply a lot, but I do read a lot.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:

Aww man, I am really sorry my post came across as aggressive. If it was the case, I was actually going to say it was a really smart idea. Once again, I am very sorry as I always find your posts very helpful and I make/consider a lot of roster decisions based off of them. I don't really reply a lot, but I do read a lot.
    No problem.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    What about Patch and Cage? I was thinking of leveling Patch/Loki/Hood/IF/Cage/Groot first. I guess I could switch Cmags with Groot if he is really strong for PvP.

All are solid choices for PVP as well as PVE, I would certainly lvl IF and Cage, Cage great for sustaining and IF is amazing pair with XF.
  • radekcichy wrote:
    before the nerfs xf and 4hor was a must.. and right now xf with IF is most compatible pair?

U can still do that. Some talk of Iron Fist/X-Force
    Switchman wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:

2*
    Thor
    Ares
    OBW
    maybe Storm (for her 4turn stun)

That's really all you need for 2*.

For 3*, still go off of Polarity's guide. If you want to get into PVP asap and away from the PVE grind, level up your Hood/Loki/Cmags/IF (quality PVP 3* chars). I leveled 3* Cap first, but since I got out of PVE ASAP I literally never use him.

DONT DO THIS CAUTION!!!!! They've turned PVP into a cluster**** lately. I would level true-healers/Luke Cage before anyone else and wait to see what format they decide on. If they decide on multiple powered up characters, for instance - having a big and leveled 2* roster will beneficial.

Even today they changed PVP again: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27107

Also with recent news, I guess this is the 'official' character discussion. I've retitled the thread as such. Here is another: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27123
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    radekcichy wrote:
    before the nerfs xf and 4hor was a must.. and right now xf with IF is most compatible pair?

U can still do that. Some talk of Iron Fist/X-Force
    Switchman wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:

2*
    Thor
    Ares
    OBW
    maybe Storm (for her 4turn stun)

That's really all you need for 2*.

For 3*, still go off of Polarity's guide. If you want to get into PVP asap and away from the PVE grind, level up your Hood/Loki/Cmags/IF (quality PVP 3* chars). I leveled 3* Cap first, but since I got out of PVE ASAP I literally never use him.

DONT DO THIS CAUTION!!!!! They've turned PVP into a cluster**** lately. I would level true-healers/Luke Cage before anyone else and wait to see what format they decide on. If they decide on multiple powered up characters, for instance - having a big and leveled 2* roster will beneficial.

Even today they changed PVP again: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27107

Also with recent news, I guess this is the 'official' character discussion. I've retitled the thread as such. Here is another: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27123

raisin, I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but the very purpose of this kind of thread a person that has been through all the phases of transition works best. I think that when someone earlier, called you "unqualified", they weren't trying to be offensive or dismissive, just factual. There is no shame on being an early transitioner or in trying to help the community with threads like these, but the truth is that your judgement is yet lacking and people coming to these threads are expecting some kind of voice of authority that helps them make decisions. You are very literally unqualified to do so.

For example, that last piece of advice. Just no. It's good to have a few (4-5) powerful 2*s because they're necessary in DDQ, in some special PVPs and may be decent enough in PVEs where they are buffed mostly to buffer the easier nodes so the 3*s can take the harder ones without damage. (FWIW, I disagree with the previous poster on his choice of 2* Thor, and his leaving out 2* Daken). But really, once you are on the top end of the 2*-3* transition, you realise that you don't need that many 2*s anymore unless you are a collector. Even a middle-of-the-pack 3*, when maxed is preferable to the best 2*s and you realise how pointless it is to spend 700 HP on a new roster slot when you can just let go a 2* character that you will almost never use again. Even if the multiple buff in PVP returns, using the buffed 3*s and 4*s is much, much better than using the buffed 2*s, which are just defensive candy for people that sees you when looking for fights.

My advice to the asker is: Is it worth to let go a weakish, but maxed 2* to make room for a decent 3* of which you will only have a few covers for a while? Absolutely. You miss somewhat in potential diversity in the present, but you set yourself on a way to advance and have a diverse 3* roster as you keep collecting covers. And really, once you have the best 4-5 2* characters maxed, you'll find out that you want to avoid using the others, anyway.

Also note that while Mischief-maker is retiring, he has stated a desire of making a last ranking thread (and I have trouble thinking of anyone more qualified than him), so do not hasten to rename this thread to "official".
  • ark123 wrote:
    I just don't get Steve Rogers being so high. He takes so much time to get ANY traction that he's not scary at ALL in PvP, and in PvE he feels "Good", but not good enough to be top 10 over all.

I've got high hopes for Cyclops, he seems like a great synergy guy.

Blade is similar to Steve Rogers, I love my Blade, don't get me twisted, but 6 or whatever seems AWFULLY high for someone who's so tightly wound to the mercy of the board.
    - Unreall

Agreed on Rogers. He's good, but not some sort of pve God. You are wrong in blade though. Blade increases your match damage in exchange for nothing. You just put him in your team and he will gradually add more and more damage every turn while you do something completely unrelated - and if you ever find yourself with enough ap for his purple, he adds an extra 2500 damage a turn.

My best pve team for fast clears is xforce blade iron fist.
    No, Blade only increases match damage if the board allows it. It's also passive so they arne't monster strike tiles, and in order for there to be enough red for him to make them, frankly they are always 'matchable' reds, leaving you at the mercy of the computers stupidity when it comes to special tiles.

I firmly understand how Blade works, he's one of my favorite characters, and honestly my only 'new' character that I've gotten to 166, but if there aren't alot of red on the board, or they get whiped easily, he's left to just his black and his purple. His purple is based on his green - again - COMPLETELY at the mercy of the board, a red starved board gets you no strike tiles to boost his purple, leaving you literally with JUST his black as a reliable attribute, and its good, but not great thanks to draining an empty well if you will, and always being green - the most matched color by far.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just think he looks way too high, as he takes luck and time to be good. You don't 'fall' into his black and purple abilities - you chase them, all the while trying to dance around reds, when instead you could gun for one or two colors with some of the real heavy hitters, and wipe people out much quicker. He doesn't gel with XForce, he doesn't gel with 3hor (can't speak on 4hor). Despite people doing it, I find pairing him with Daken actually a waste. He does nothing for Patch since patch gobbles up those red. Literally the only team I've found where he really WORKS with everyone is CMags/Falcon/Blade (oh it is joyousness to see in the deadpool dailies).
    - Unreall
  • ark123 wrote:
    I just don't get Steve Rogers being so high. He takes so much time to get ANY traction that he's not scary at ALL in PvP, and in PvE he feels "Good", but not good enough to be top 10 over all.

I've got high hopes for Cyclops, he seems like a great synergy guy.

Blade is similar to Steve Rogers, I love my Blade, don't get me twisted, but 6 or whatever seems AWFULLY high for someone who's so tightly wound to the mercy of the board.
    - Unreall

Agreed on Rogers. He's good, but not some sort of pve God. You are wrong in blade though. Blade increases your match damage in exchange for nothing. You just put him in your team and he will gradually add more and more damage every turn while you do something completely unrelated - and if you ever find yourself with enough ap for his purple, he adds an extra 2500 damage a turn.

My best pve team for fast clears is xforce blade iron fist.
    No, Blade only increases match damage if the board allows it. It's also passive so they arne't monster strike tiles, and in order for there to be enough red for him to make them, frankly they are always 'matchable' reds, leaving you at the mercy of the computers stupidity when it comes to special tiles.

I firmly understand how Blade works, he's one of my favorite characters, and honestly my only 'new' character that I've gotten to 166, but if there aren't alot of red on the board, or they get whiped easily, he's left to just his black and his purple. His purple is based on his green - again - COMPLETELY at the mercy of the board, a red starved board gets you no strike tiles to boost his purple, leaving you literally with JUST his black as a reliable attribute, and its good, but not great thanks to draining an empty well if you will, and always being green - the most matched color by far.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just think he looks way too high, as he takes luck and time to be good. You don't 'fall' into his black and purple abilities - you chase them, all the while trying to dance around reds, when instead you could gun for one or two colors with some of the real heavy hitters, and wipe people out much quicker. He doesn't gel with XForce, he doesn't gel with 3hor (can't speak on 4hor). Despite people doing it, I find pairing him with Daken actually a waste. He does nothing for Patch since patch gobbles up those red. Literally the only team I've found where he really WORKS with everyone is CMags/Falcon/Blade (oh it is joyousness to see in the deadpool dailies).
    - Unreall

You're so harsh on Blade. You realize this is a team game, right? Where he'll always have teammates until we get solo mode in 7 years?
  • I'm not trying to be harsh on him, nor am I' being ignorant to the 'team' aspect, its just that if I'm constructing a team, especially to win (or defenxd), there are other characters on my roster that I'll go to first - whom are ranked UNDER him. Both Patch and Hulk are more useful than Blade in a team dynamic. I'm finding that while its hard to place him, Sentry serves a stronger roll. Dr. Doom & Loki *arguably, still not sold on Loki, but going with the flow on him* both feel more effective.

And the biggest thing to me is how well someone synergizes with the creme de la creme.
    X-Force? Nope, He either holds XF back, of XF just whipes his stuff continuously off the board.
    Can't comment on 4hor...
    3hor is alright, Daken is a better pairing, but Daken is rightfully higher...
    Laken, helps his purple with strikes, but competes with strikes, often nullifying the use for Blade, needs a green user for Daken to have any value, and so that Blade doesn't tank green and get eaten up from match dmg...
    Can't comment on NF...
    Black Panther would be a solid pairing, you'd throw away his AP stealing move in favor of RotP, but reds would stay on the board, strike tiles won't clash etc. I'm talking myself into liking this team actually haha.
    Hood, looks great up front with all the AP steal, and Hood would ghelp feed Blade's attacks while focusing on your main dmg dealers colors (like say green). My fear with them is both need a tank, and no one would be a good tank for their colors that I can think of (Green/Black/Blue/Purple)

I'm not trying to defecate on Blade - I like playing as him, I just struggle to see him top ten considering who's under him.

True story, his black should offer true healing, I'm tired of Wolverine and his copies being the only ones with true healing when we have a freaking vampire on the cast...
    - Unreall
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    raisin, I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but the very purpose of this kind of thread a person that has been through all the phases of transition works best. I think that when someone earlier, called you "unqualified", they weren't trying to be offensive or dismissive, just factual. There is no shame on being an early transitioner or in trying to help the community with threads like these, but the truth is that your judgement is yet lacking and people coming to these threads are expecting some kind of voice of authority that helps them make decisions. You are very literally unqualified to do so.

For example, that last piece of advice. Just no. It's good to have a few (4-5) powerful 2*s because they're necessary in DDQ, in some special PVPs and may be decent enough in PVEs where they are buffed mostly to buffer the easier nodes so the 3*s can take the harder ones without damage. (FWIW, I disagree with the previous poster on his choice of 2* Thor, and his leaving out 2* Daken). But really, once you are on the top end of the 2*-3* transition, you realise that you don't need that many 2*s anymore unless you are a collector. Even a middle-of-the-pack 3*, when maxed is preferable to the best 2*s and you realise how pointless it is to spend 700 HP on a new roster slot when you can just let go a 2* character that you will almost never use again. Even if the multiple buff in PVP returns, using the buffed 3*s and 4*s is much, much better than using the buffed 2*s, which are just defensive candy for people that sees you when looking for fights.

My advice to the asker is: Is it worth to let go a weakish, but maxed 2* to make room for a decent 3* of which you will only have a few covers for a while? Absolutely. You miss somewhat in potential diversity in the present, but you set yourself on a way to advance and have a diverse 3* roster as you keep collecting covers. And really, once you have the best 4-5 2* characters maxed, you'll find out that you want to avoid using the others, anyway.

Also note that while Mischief-maker is retiring, he has stated a desire of making a last ranking thread (and I have trouble thinking of anyone more qualified than him), so do not hasten to rename this thread to "official".
    Would be nice if MM passed the "official" rankings to an experienced vet. But seems like that population is fading.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Would be nice if MM passed the "official" rankings to an experienced vet. But seems like that population is fading.

The torch has been dropped. MM had partners, they didn't pick it up. No one is picking it up and I attempt to construct something and you throw shade my way for it. Don't like my stuff, there's this guy as well: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27123

Of course the population of vets is dying. You have to grow your population to actually prosper. But you'd rather criticize me for being unqualified without even asking what my resume is. Not that that's really relevant.

People continue to say I'm unqualified but no one but thedude has the balls/ovaries to actually do something about it. It's been 4 months since MM did anything. But that's the nature of things - you wait and hope instead of building and innovating.
    I'm not trying to be harsh on him, nor am I' being ignorant to the 'team' aspect, its just that if I'm constructing a team, especially to win (or defenxd), there are other characters on my roster that I'll go to first - whom are ranked UNDER him. Both Patch and Hulk are more useful than Blade in a team dynamic. I'm finding that while its hard to place him, Sentry serves a stronger roll. Dr. Doom & Loki *arguably, still not sold on Loki, but going with the flow on him* both feel more effective.

And the biggest thing to me is how well someone synergizes with the creme de la creme.
    X-Force? Nope, He either holds XF back, of XF just whipes his stuff continuously off the board.
    Can't comment on 4hor...
    3hor is alright, Daken is a better pairing, but Daken is rightfully higher...
    Laken, helps his purple with strikes, but competes with strikes, often nullifying the use for Blade, needs a green user for Daken to have any value, and so that Blade doesn't tank green and get eaten up from match dmg...
    Can't comment on NF...
    Black Panther would be a solid pairing, you'd throw away his AP stealing move in favor of RotP, but reds would stay on the board, strike tiles won't clash etc. I'm talking myself into liking this team actually haha.
    Hood, looks great up front with all the AP steal, and Hood would ghelp feed Blade's attacks while focusing on your main dmg dealers colors (like say green). My fear with them is both need a tank, and no one would be a good tank for their colors that I can think of (Green/Black/Blue/Purple)

I'm not trying to defecate on Blade - I like playing as him, I just struggle to see him top ten considering who's under him.

True story, his black should offer true healing, I'm tired of Wolverine and his copies being the only ones with true healing when we have a freaking vampire on the cast...
    - Unreall

I find uses for blade where I don't find uses for Patch/Hulk

Since you have access to the top tier folks of course u don't need Blade. You could delete the rest of your roster for xforce

I mean, he hides behind Daken and makes me win. That's good enough for me.

Edit: Arondite is still here, downvoting me even though this thread is completely unworthy of their time. Didn't the mods talk to you already? PS: I guess you don't trust the weatherman either
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why cant u grasp it mate no1 is givin u **** when they say you are unqualified,you just arent.kudos for picking up mms torch and tryin to do something about it but until u get help from some1 with exp of 4 stars we cant take in everything u say.does any1 wanna help this guy that has a solid 4 star roster?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stop taking "unqualified" as an insult.

Are you qualified to perform open-heart surgery? Do you take it as an insult when someone points out that you aren't?
  • Raisin, I think it is great work your doing, don't let them bring you down. Look at great science, is it the old fogeys that come up with the great ideas or the young guys. I have seen your all over these forums, I believe you have a decent grasp of those chars you don't have covered and leveled. And dang, what is the use of a thread like this if people don't disagree, look at any of Mischief's threads, you don't see unanimousness there.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    The torch has been dropped. MM had partners, they didn't pick it up. No one is picking it up and I attempt to construct something and you throw shade my way for it. Don't like my stuff, there's this guy as well: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27123

As I said, MM has stated that he will do a last one. Once he officially creates it and announces it will be the last, someone will jump in. The fact that no one has jumped in means that we're waiting for that, not that there's no one to do it.
    Of course the population of vets is dying. You have to grow your population to actually prosper. But you'd rather criticize me for being unqualified without even asking what my resume is. Not that that's really relevant.

We have seen all the resume we need. You are a 2*-3* transitioner. You have never played with a maxed Star-Lord or, very likely, any of the maxed 4*s. You haven't been around enough time to see how the Hulk very slowly faded from being one of the biggest scarecrows in the format, to almost complete obsolescence. You don't know how the format looks when you are a player that can regularly score over 1k. etc., those are just random examples. I myself don't feel qualified to do this, even after 500 days, and if someone called me "unqualified", I'd just have to agree. For the last time, it is not a bad thing. It is a reality. One day you'll be qualified, if you keep at it, but that day is not today.
    People continue to say I'm unqualified but no one but thedude has the balls/ovaries to actually do something about it. It's been 4 months since MM did anything. But that's the nature of things - you wait and hope instead of building and innovating.

So, instead of waiting for the engineer (who is coming soon), let's build the house ourselves, uh? What's the worst that can happen. Besides I don't know what you call "innovating"... your tier system with opinions that are painfully biased by your current experience? (Or rather, lack thereof.)

*sigh* Look... I'm not trying to be mean. None of us are. But when you become so defensive while we're trying to tell you why we should wait for MM's next thread, and then see what we'll do after, we just have to try to keep explaining ourselves. It is great that you have this initiative, but initiative and drive are only positive values when in the right context.
  • petritis wrote:
    Raisin, I think it is great work your doing, don't let them bring you down. Look at great science, is it the old fogeys that come up with the great ideas or the young guys. I have seen your all over these forums, I believe you have a decent grasp of those chars you don't have covered and leveled. And dang, what is the use of a thread like this if people don't disagree, look at any of Mischief's threads, you don't see unanimousness there.

Thank you for your words of support. It's been 3 months since Mischief Maker did anything and he's retiring. The game is moving on and so must we.

My thing is why they won't go do it themselves/go to the other guy's thread if I'm so unqualified. I've ignored like 3-4 people in this thread yet they think I'm still reading their posts. I guess even "advanced professional veteran MPQ" players still have trouble taking the hint. Must work wonders for their dating lives...
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    Raisin, I think it is great work your doing, don't let them bring you down. Look at great science, is it the old fogeys that come up with the great ideas or the young guys. I have seen your all over these forums, I believe you have a decent grasp of those chars you don't have covered and leveled. And dang, what is the use of a thread like this if people don't disagree, look at any of Mischief's threads, you don't see unanimousness there.

Thank you for your words of support. It's been 3 months since Mischief Maker did anything and he's retiring. The game is moving on and so must we.

My thing is why they won't go do it themselves/go to the other guy's thread if I'm so unqualified. I've ignored like 3-4 people in this thread yet they think I'm still reading their posts. I guess even "advanced professional veteran MPQ" players still have trouble taking the hint. Must work wonders for their dating lives...
    As I said, MM has stated that he will do a last one. Once he officially creates it and announces it will be the last, someone will jump in. The fact that no one has jumped in means that we're waiting for that, not that there's no one to do it.

Hahah, so he chose to ignore the people that tried to explain him why no one else is doing this and he keeps wondering about it in each post.

I retract my previous stance. OP is not some poor misguided, but well-intentioned soul trying to shoulder a weight too heavy for his little experience. He's just an attention-seeking, self-righteous tool that believes himself immune to constructive criticism.

MM made a silly joke and got more reputation in that post than the OP has gathered in the whole thread. Who's the one not able to take a hint?
  • I'm glad you realized this and I hope you guys stop humoring this kid.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Edit: Arondite is still here, downvoting me even though this thread is completely unworthy of their time. Didn't the mods talk to you already? PS: I guess you don't trust the weatherman either

You wanna know if the mods talked to me? Sure.

Here's what they said.
    "&#91 wrote: »
    "]Hi Arondite,

First, let me point out that you are not in trouble or anything, and I ask that you read this message to the end before sending any reply.

I received a message from raisinbman claiming that you were harrassing him with insults and excessive downvotes. So I went to thread in question, (as well as every post/reply made by both of you over the past week), and read everything from you and raisinbman. I also looked at all downvotes and comments with them.

I noticed that he gave you 2 downvotes first, then you gave 2 in retaliation. Also noted that one of his downvotes to your post contained a direct attack against you where he called you an "A-hole".

He also sent me a copy of the PM that you sent to him. I would like you to please send me a copy as well if you can.

After going over everything, I do NOT feel that you were harrassing raisinbman in anyway. It appeared to me that you were just disagreeing with him. Which, IMO, is exactly what the forum is supposed to be for.

However, his posts, messages, and replies to you did seem a bit rude and inappropriate. If he has sent you any PM's can you forward a copy to me please? I will then determine if any further action needs to be taken against raisinbman.

I do ask that in the future, you try to ignore him entirely.

Quit acting like you were being / are being attacked and the enforcement of the site sided with you and took the bad guy down.

You tattled on someone who felt differently about an issue and discussed it like an adult with you, and the management waved you away as you did so. Grow up.
This discussion has been closed.