'Official' Character Rankings Discussion 3/20

Options

Comments

• gamar wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    So, where does KK fit in the rankings? Above Patch? Below Patch? Next to IF?
    IF should be in the top 3* slot relatively easily. I'd say KK is better than Patch. After screwing around with her loaner I'm amazed at how much that yellow passive heals over the course of the match. Add to that the crit potential of purple and the giant green aoe nuke, I'd say she could be better than Lthor. Also I have no idea how Rogers always ends up that high. He's fun to play but he's nowhere close to being in the top10.
    3* Cap's regenerating AP, repeatable stun, and strong protect tiles are often what gets me through level 350-395 PvE battles. He doesn't shine in PvP, but he's by far the single best PvE character, better than X-Force, better than Patch+Hulk
    You're wrong. Very, very wrong.

Xforce beats the pants off Rogers. In any fight. No contest.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    IF should be in the top 3* slot relatively easily. I'd say KK is better than Patch. After screwing around with her loaner I'm amazed at how much that yellow passive heals over the course of the match. Add to that the crit potential of purple and the giant green aoe nuke, I'd say she could be better than Lthor. Also I have no idea how Rogers always ends up that high. He's fun to play but he's nowhere close to being in the top10.
    3* Cap's regenerating AP, repeatable stun, and strong protect tiles are often what gets me through level 350-395 PvE battles. He doesn't shine in PvP, but he's by far the single best PvE character, better than X-Force, better than Patch+Hulk
    You're wrong. Very, very wrong.

Xforce beats the pants off Rogers. In any fight. No contest.

Yep. This.
  • gamar wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Steve is high because he's useful as well as his red really really hurts(and is possibly overpowered). 3*Cap was my previous character that I was able to destroy nodes/characters I shouldn't have been able to. And there's also the fact his covers are easily available. Basically once you get him going, it's GG. I'm sure he's used quite often in both PVP and PVE for the average player.

I do think the 'best pve character award' going to either X-Force or Falcon. Falcon trivializes PVE so much(he doesn't technically win it on his own, but he screws up PVE so much for enemies it's hard to ignore).
  • I just killed a level 280 cmags on turn one with iron fist+xforce, no boosts (got a screenshot to prove it)

Lets see Rogers do something remotely as good.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I just killed a level 280 cmags on turn one with iron fist+xforce, no boosts (got a screenshot to prove it)

Oh, please. You can kill a level 280 cMags easily with any number of character combinations, so who cares? Let me know how X-Force+Iron Fist does against a level 380 Juggernaut and Daken. Rogers has gotten me through many such battles.
  • gamar wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    I just killed a level 280 cmags on turn one with iron fist+xforce, no boosts (got a screenshot to prove it)

Oh, please. You can kill a level 280 cMags easily with any number of character combinations, so who cares? Let me know how X-Force+Iron Fist does against a level 380 Juggernaut and Daken. Rogers has gotten me through many such battles.
    Please don't be silly. There is no scenario where Rogers is better than xforce. None.
  • Rogers needs time in order to shine.
    The only scenario where he is potentially better is during wave nodes.
    I've gotten 4-5 shields out at a time sometimes during waves, you literally dont take any dmg (because of protect tiles - good against those pesky strike tiles and clatrops from those shinobi..), can stunlock, replace any CD tile a goon throws at you and have more ap than you can deal with.
    Having cyclops and hood to steal/feed red was godly during waves.
    He is one of the few characters that can carry himself, but needs time to do so.
  • akiratang wrote:
    Rogers needs time in order to shine.
    The only scenario where he is potentially better is during wave nodes.
    I've gotten 4-5 shields out at a time sometimes during waves, you literally dont take any dmg (because of protect tiles - good against those pesky strike tiles and clatrops from those shinobi..), can stunlock, replace any CD tile a goon throws at you and have more ap than you can deal with.
    Having cyclops and hood to steal/feed red was godly during waves.
    He is one of the few characters that can carry himself, but needs time to do so.
    Nope. In endless nodes xforce can get enough AP to insta kill any characters that are threats as soon as they pop up, and he heals. Not to mention that extreme board shake is superior to protect tiles if you want to avoid bad cumulative board states.

He's also much faster, so the last waves have much less goon generated AP to work with.
  • I would love to see an updated character ranking as I'm in a crucial 2 - 3 star transition where I need to constantly decide who to get rid of.

As far as updating the list, I think that once a new list is made, when there's a new character there should just be a polling of comments like the single character discussion pages as to where to place the character in the rankings. It would save time rather than waiting for votes for all characters all over again. Maybe you could take into account how a new character would affect an old one but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's drastic.

With that being said. I need roster help! Who among the two stars is worth keeping? I have many 3 stars waiting to be added and plenty already rostered but with just a few covers each. Are there 3 stars I should just avoid? Problem is I won't be able to compete in ddq if I don't have the specific star, I like getting the tacos for a chance at 1k coins mostly and the ISO is great when you complete all of the missions.
  • Kcman13 wrote:
    I would love to see an updated character ranking as I'm in a crucial 2 - 3 star transition where I need to constantly decide who to get rid of.

As far as updating the list, I think that once a new list is made, when there's a new character there should just be a polling of comments like the single character discussion pages as to where to place the character in the rankings. It would save time rather than waiting for votes for all characters all over again. Maybe you could take into account how a new character would affect an old one but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's drastic.

With that being said. I need roster help! Who among the two stars is worth keeping? I have many 3 stars waiting to be added and plenty already rostered but with just a few covers each. Are there 3 stars I should just avoid? Problem is I won't be able to compete in ddq if I don't have the specific star, I like getting the tacos for a chance at 1k coins mostly and the ISO is great when you complete all of the missions.
    I keep Ares, OBW, Wolverine, Storm and magneto (though I sold my current one for the hp). I also keep a level 40 juggernaut around. You will 100% be able to coast through the DDQ with these characters. You can substitute Ares for Thor as well, but since Ares is a villain and actually faster than thor, I'd say he's the better choice.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:
    I would love to see an updated character ranking as I'm in a crucial 2 - 3 star transition where I need to constantly decide who to get rid of.

I keep Ares, OBW, Wolverine, Storm and magneto (though I sold my current one for the hp). I also keep a level 40 juggernaut around. You will 100% be able to coast through the DDQ with these characters. You can substitute Ares for Thor as well, but since Ares is a villain and actually faster than thor, I'd say he's the better choice.

Thanks ark123, I have all of those still around except my Wolverine is very low and my MnMags is halfway to the max. I have a lvl 70 2* Ms Marvel that was my first character to get all the covers for and thus leveled up before I fully understood the game. Should I bite the bullet and sell her off too? The character doesn't pain me to leave, it's just all the ISO I put in lol. What about Daken? He's halfway to the max for me as well and I hear good things about him.
  • Kcman13 wrote:

Well, as you're already in this thread, I'm sure you saw the thread-maker who said their thread will take a while as well as a bunch of people who've said I'm unqualified(yet they haven't made their own rankings thread/polling system yet, imagine that!). So basically, there's alot of talk but very little action.
    Kcman13 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:

Thanks ark123, I have all of those still around except my Wolverine is very low and my MnMags is halfway to the max. I have a lvl 70 2* Ms Marvel that was my first character to get all the covers for and thus leveled up before I fully understood the game. Should I bite the bullet and sell her off too? The character doesn't pain me to leave, it's just all the ISO I put in lol. What about Daken? He's halfway to the max for me as well and I hear good things about him.

Get a good, well rounded 2* roster before anything else. If they bring back multiple charater PVP buffs, you'll be in luck. If not, you'll be prepared for the randomly buffed PVE characters and can progress frustration-free to 3* land.
  • I just don't get Steve Rogers being so high. He takes so much time to get ANY traction that he's not scary at ALL in PvP, and in PvE he feels "Good", but not good enough to be top 10 over all.

I've got high hopes for Cyclops, he seems like a great synergy guy.

Blade is similar to Steve Rogers, I love my Blade, don't get me twisted, but 6 or whatever seems AWFULLY high for someone who's so tightly wound to the mercy of the board.
    - Unreall
  • I just don't get Steve Rogers being so high. He takes so much time to get ANY traction that he's not scary at ALL in PvP, and in PvE he feels "Good", but not good enough to be top 10 over all.

Blade is similar to Steve Rogers, I love my Blade, don't get me twisted, but 6 or whatever seems AWFULLY high for someone who's so tightly wound to the mercy of the board.
    - Unreall

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25844&p=329321#p328667
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25844&p=329321#p328204
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25844&p=329321#p328140

There's 3 people who believe in Steve Rogers, just in this thread. He didn't get up there b/c of trolls. He is popular. He is good.

Blade is lethal even if he only had a blackflag.png power. Also he has fast-healing and plays well with Strike-team.

- Unreall

Agreed on Rogers. He's good, but not some sort of pve God. You are wrong in blade though. Blade increases your match damage in exchange for nothing. You just put him in your team and he will gradually add more and more damage every turn while you do something completely unrelated - and if you ever find yourself with enough ap for his purple, he adds an extra 2500 damage a turn.

My best pve team for fast clears is xforce blade iron fist.
  • burrich
    burrich Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I just don't get Steve Rogers being so high. He takes so much time to get ANY traction that he's not scary at ALL in PvP, and in PvE he feels "Good", but not good enough to be top 10 over all.

- Unreall

Agreed on Rogers. He's good, but not some sort of pve God. You are wrong in blade though. Blade increases your match damage in exchange for nothing. You just put him in your team and he will gradually add more and more damage every turn while you do something completely unrelated - and if you ever find yourself with enough ap for his purple, he adds an extra 2500 damage a turn.

My best pve team for fast clears is xforce blade iron fist.

How do you work that team? Do you use purple for IF or Blade? Or do you just prioritize black and green for XF and use the others when they get the AP?
  • radekcichy
    Options
    before the nerfs xf and 4hor was a must.. and right now xf with IF is most compatible pair?
  • Kcman13 wrote:

2*
    Thor
    Ares
    OBW
    maybe Storm (for her 4turn stun)

That's really all you need for 2*.

For 3*, still go off of Polarity's guide. If you want to get into PVP asap and away from the PVE grind, level up your Hood/Loki/Cmags/IF (quality PVP 3* chars). I leveled 3* Cap first, but since I got out of PVE ASAP I literally never use him.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:

I swear I have seen this post before, word for word. Do you have this answer copy and pasted somewhere for when you encounter the same question over and over again?
  • Switchman wrote:
    Kcman13 wrote:

2*
    Thor
    Ares
    OBW
    maybe Storm (for her 4turn stun)

That's really all you need for 2*.

For 3*, still go off of Polarity's guide. If you want to get into PVP asap and away from the PVE grind, level up your Hood/Loki/Cmags/IF (quality PVP 3* chars). I leveled 3* Cap first, but since I got out of PVE ASAP I literally never use him.

What about Patch and Cage? I was thinking of leveling Patch/Loki/Hood/IF/Cage/Groot first. I guess I could switch Cmags with Groot if he is really strong for PvP.
This discussion has been closed.