Weekly Tournament - Dark Avengers Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
Patch Notes with Tourney info is here.

Which Dark Avengers will see the most success in this challenge?

Comments

• Only 6 characters to choose from icon_e_sad.gif
  • This is tough =_= only my venom is max level, daken And bulleye is max skill but low level, ragnarok I just draw him with one skill missing, yelena I hardly turn. Moonstone just got it , it's low level. Got to be a hard tournament but I will try to aim to 1000 points. Please throw in iron patriot , Ares and skaar X3
  • - Bullseye Purple(Passive)/Black
    - Daken Purple(Passive)/Black(Passive)
    - Moonstone Purple/Red/Black
    - Ragnarok Green/Red
    - Venom Black/Purple
    - Yelena Belova Purple/Black

So basically they're all purple/black skills except for Ragnarok and a red thrown in for Moonstone. Green/Yellow affect Daken's passives, but besides that there isn't much to choose from.

Split into brackets of 500 with Spider Man (Yellow) as the top prize.

Is it worth it to train up some new guys to participate?
  • I pass....
  • None of my Dark Avengers are decent leveled, and most of them are black/purple combinations. It doesn't help that the new character Moonstone is more support than main cast here.

For Halloween, It should have been a "Dark Side" competition instead. This way, you can include the other colored baddies like Magneto (both versions), Juggernaut (who is part of Osbourne's plans in this game), The Hood, & Doctor Doom. This makes for better team balance.
  • For someone who has invested in Dark Avengers before this, it's a dream tournament icon_twisted.gif Lots of players listed who are at a huge disadvantage, not having the luxury of that position.

Zzz - definitely worth it to earn iso for training. I was zapping off easy 140's every other minute upon this being released. Still pretty soft matchups available, so taking advantage whilst its there. The overall rewards don't look that appealing to me, so just going for the progressions and easy iso icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    For someone who has invested in Dark Avengers before this, it's a dream tournament icon_twisted.gif Lots of players listed who are at a huge disadvantage, not having the luxury of that position.

Zzz - definitely worth it to earn iso for training. I was zapping off easy 140's every other minute upon this being released. Still pretty soft matchups available, so taking advantage whilst its there. The overall rewards don't look that appealing to me, so just going for the progressions and easy iso icon_e_smile.gif

I'm fine with not having leveled characters to do this tourney, so more power to you. What I wish it had is colour balance, so there is an incentive to go level the Dark Avengers for said tourney. Seeing how I will have to level at least 2 black/purple cards that I will have no future use for, I just thought the rules can be improved. Might be a good chance to finally see more Doctor Doom and The Hood, 2 cards with hardly any love for them.

That said, I think more Dark Avenger cards with other colours need to come in. I like them, but they're usually just a pale imitation, and almost all black/purple. Specifically, blue and yellow are needed. I'm certainly expecting these colours on the Iron Patriot icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    For someone who has invested in Dark Avengers before this, it's a dream tournament icon_twisted.gif Lots of players listed who are at a huge disadvantage, not having the luxury of that position.

Hehehe you feel me free 140 iso everywhere. I hv tons of iso loot from weekend tournament leveling Daken :3 =_= the part I hate about this tournament is the overpower ragnarok everywhere. "Ragnarok ragnarok everywhere !"
  • Yesterday I sold some Yelena Covers icon_e_sad.gif I will be playing this to get Moonstone. I think I will even pay for HP as chance to get her from recruitment is increased now. I lacked some good third purple character.
  • Ragnarok op;] u should play high level black widow (grey), thor,magneto (clasic), spider....and we can talk.
  • Bombul wrote:
    I'm fine with not having leveled characters to do this tourney, so more power to you. What I wish it had is colour balance, so there is an incentive to go level the Dark Avengers for said tourney. Seeing how I will have to level at least 2 black/purple cards that I will have no future use for, I just thought the rules can be improved. Might be a good chance to finally see more Doctor Doom and The Hood, 2 cards with hardly any love for them.

That said, I think more Dark Avenger cards with other colours need to come in. I like them, but they're usually just a pale imitation, and almost all black/purple. Specifically, blue and yellow are needed. I'm certainly expecting these colours on the Iron Patriot icon_e_biggrin.gif

Until you need those cards for another tournament, lol. Everyone seems to forget or miss the fact that the devs are going back and forth between releasing a tournament with cover requirements that are common/popular and then one with cover requirements that most people don't have built up. Given enough time, you'll get a chance or be forced to use all the different covers multiple times. icon_razz.gif
  • Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip . . . WAT A 7111 life point Ragnarok = =
  • Aiolia wrote:
    Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip Ragnarok skip . . . WAT A 7111 life point Ragnarok = =

Lol pretty much!
  • Doubting this tournmanet...Will try 450 for moonstone card...1000 is a lot. I've never lvled dark avengers icon_e_sad.gif
  • Got to 432 now, think that is more or less it for me...
  • i like the variety of the tournaments, its just this early in the game, the dark avenger pool is miniscule. whoever has high level ragnarok generally wins (unless u level up dark avenger black widow or moonstone). Both those characters don't fit well with what i do so i have less incentive to level them up for this tournament, considering the prizes are BAGMANS!!!!
  • I sell the yelena covers/venom icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dakan/Bullseye teams are just brutal. Bullseye vs Bullseye at low levels is eye gougingly annoying.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Dakan/Bullseye teams are just brutal. Bullseye vs Bullseye at low levels is eye gougingly annoying.

you mean because of the annoying passive skills?
  • johangsl wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Dakan/Bullseye teams are just brutal. Bullseye vs Bullseye at low levels is eye gougingly annoying.

you mean because of the annoying passive skills?

Yes, at low levels, his passive is enough to make most everything hit for 1.