Magneto Marvel Now Repeating

Options
Shuino
Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
Does anyone else have the problem when buying Covers using 2 Star Recruit items or using 150 Coins only getting Magneto Marvel Now? Since playing this game from release 75% of all Covers from buying 2 Star Covers have been Magneto Marvel Now. Even with the last patch the last 5 Covers I have gotten using Tokens or Coins buying 2 Star Covers have all been Magneto Marvel Now. Also, I have not purchased any of the Villain only Covers either, all of them have been from the normal 150 2 Star and Up.

Also, I am honestly not exaggerating with the numbers above and it's getting so ridiculous I had to post this on these forums.

Comments

• Shuino wrote:
    Does anyone else have the problem when buying Covers using 2 Star Recruit items or using 150 Coins only getting Magneto Marvel Now? Since playing this game from release 75% of all Covers from buying 2 Star Covers have been Magneto Marvel Now. Even with the last patch the last 5 Covers I have gotten using Tokens or Coins buying 2 Star Covers have all been Magneto Marvel Now. Also, I have not purchased any of the Villain only Covers either, all of them have been from the normal 150 2 Star and Up.

Also, I am honestly not exaggerating with the numbers above and it's getting so ridiculous I had to post this on these forums.

Hence the "Now" part of his name.

Seriously though, if your math is correct, that sucks.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Just ran some numbers from all time and from yesterday to today. Both show that distribution is in normal bounds for all the characters available in the packs (normalized for time available in the pack). No particular jumps for any given character. Magneto (Marvel NOW!) is actually sitting at the lower end of 2 star distribution, but that's only by a small fraction of a percent, so that's just statistical error doing what it does best.
  • Shuino
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Just ran some numbers from all time and from yesterday to today. Both show that distribution is in normal bounds for all the characters available in the packs (normalized for time available in the pack). No particular jumps for any given character. Magneto (Marvel NOW!) is actually sitting at the lower end of 2 star distribution, but that's only by a small fraction of a percent, so that's just statistical error doing what it does best.

I pretty much originally thought that as well until out of the 45 Covers I have purchased 30 of them have been Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Either I am the most unlucky person in the entire world or their is slightly something off somewhere with these purchase percentages.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Shuino wrote:
    I pretty much originally thought that as well until out of the 45 Covers I have purchased 30 of them have been Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Either I am the most unlucky person in the entire world or their is slightly something off somewhere with these purchase percentages.

Can't think of a reason why this would be happening to you and no one else. Not at all denying what you're saying, simply that there shouldn't be a reason that rewards would be concentrated on a player like that. Can you send some info on this through the feedback icon in the game so that we can get your user information? That'll at least let us look at your individual account and see if there's anything odd.
  • Shuino
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

Can't think of a reason why this would be happening to you and no one else. Not at all denying what you're saying, simply that there shouldn't be a reason that rewards would be concentrated on a player like that. Can you send some info on this through the feedback icon in the game so that we can get your user information? That'll at least let us look at your individual account and see if there's anything odd.

I already have a support ticket open on the issue, I just posted on the forums also to see if anyone else was having the same issue I was.
  • Shuino
    Options
    Oh man guess what I got with my Recruit Token from the new Weekly!!!!! Yet another Magneto Marvel NOW!
  • I got about 6 or so of them since I've started playing. Definitely the most common draw I've gotton from the 150HP packs next to Bag Man. Good thing I saved them all and leveled my blue skill to 5 after the previous patch.

Are you at least getting different colors?
  • Shuino
    Options
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    I got about 6 or so of them since I've started playing. Definitely the most common draw I've gotton from the 150HP packs next to Bag Man. Good thing I saved them all and leveled my blue skill to 5 after the previous patch.

Are you at least getting different colors?

I mostly have gotten red. All my Magneto skills are 4 as I have been selling them waiting to get the purple which I never do lol
  • Just turned in my Heroic Token from the new tournament and I got:
    (imaginary drum roll)
    MARNETO (Purple)!
  • I just got my third or fourth blue Magneto Marvel Now in a row. Seems unlikely to get three to four identical picks in a row though not impossible I guess.
  • IceIX
    Options
    And to be sure, you all are getting these from the standard 150 HP Hero Pack, correct?
  • 5 of my last 9 heroic token conversions have been Thor Marvel Now Red... just chalked it up to bad rng. Was actually hoping for a magneto marvel now as mine just has 1 blue cover icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    And to be sure, you all are getting these from the standard 150 HP Hero Pack, correct?
    They've all been from the heroic recruit token in my case.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Looking at the numbers purely for Hero Pack Tokens as opposed to buys, results are much the same. Everything *looks* well within statistical variance with the top 2 stars given out a fraction of a percent more than the lowest given out. Funnily, Magneto (Marvel NOW!) Purple is at the very top of that list with the Red version sitting at the very bottom and Purple sitting in almost the exact middle. As I said, the numeric variance is so low that it doesn't really mean anything, but that's what pure top level numbers are showing. Just figured you may be interested from a statistical point of view.
  • I don't get overwhelming numbers of Magneto Marvel Now, but in the course of my rolling the Hero pack, I've certainly managed to get all skills in him without intending to.

Well, not like one can intend to do such things, any way. You might just be that outlier when it comes to rolling a dice.
  • I never got an magneto in my 150 hp pack or heroic token. For me it's mostly Thor so I think someone else is getting my share of magnetos icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Looking at the numbers purely for Hero Pack Tokens as opposed to buys, results are much the same. Everything *looks* well within statistical variance with the top 2 stars given out a fraction of a percent more than the lowest given out. Funnily, Magneto (Marvel NOW!) Purple is at the very top of that list with the Red version sitting at the very bottom and Purple sitting in almost the exact middle. As I said, the numeric variance is so low that it doesn't really mean anything, but that's what pure top level numbers are showing. Just figured you may be interested from a statistical point of view.

Thxs, IceIX; I do love getting a peak behind the curtain! (PS. You typed "purple" twice so I'm assuming one of those was supposed to be "blue"). icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shuino
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Well I must be pretty lucky haha, I have sold like 4 Reds and 3 Purples. I wish at least one of them was blue so I can make him 4/5/4.
  • IceIX
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    Thxs, IceIX; I do love getting a peak behind the curtain! (PS. You typed "purple" twice so I'm assuming one of those was supposed to be "blue"). icon_e_smile.gif

Whoops, yes. Blue's in the middle.
  • hey ice, would it be possible to post the distribution of cards from the various packs?