Deadpool Daily Quests - Week Four - Mar 5 to Mar 9

Options
13»

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Yesterday's Deadpool was the hardest one so far for me. (Cap**, OBW, CStorm) Teiatsu's with their quick red strike forced me to use up blue for stunning before killing them. However, yellow and green were short on the board, so I couldn't get Sentinel of Liberty out until well into the second wave, and was forced to use too much blue Wind Storming there too. In the final round, was able to get off 2 Wind Storm's and a Peacemaker quickly, but still took another Windstorm and a couple lightning strikes to kill off Gorgon.

Besides the Goddess/Panther day, this was the only day where I know I took more than 1000 damage.

I think on these types of days, it'd be easier to use more MStorm to clog the board before killing the Teiatsu's.

Hulk Green today? Bleh. The most available cover in the game... have already gotten at least 3 free ones from the Hulk PVE.

Clogging the board is definitely viable in transition land, but as the Teiatsu's attack tiles can appear anywhere, it would have to be FULL to stop them which you can't maintain really. Better is to stun them before killing them. A stunned Teiatsu does not make attack tiles. MBW to the rescue.

Stun is definitely the default solution, but sometimes you just can't get enough blue, and MBW can't always carry her weight through 4 waves to justify bringing her (unless you use a team-up). 2 Hailstorms + any other ability for a finisher works if you use it all on one turn. You don't maintain full clog, you only use it just before killing them. After the first clog kill you're hoping for enough black to fill up the clog before you kill the next. Blue is more valuable than black.
  • These Deadpool tokens have to be the worst. I haven't got one 3 star cover since the start of this mode. Frustrating! Two star covers should have lower drop rates for these event tokens, including other pve. It's ridiculous really
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I like this event. Do we know how long it will last? Because I find this event pretty generous, so I'm surprised it went as long as it does so far.
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    I like this event. Do we know how long it will last? Because I find this event pretty generous, so I'm surprised it went as long as it does so far.

Hopefully forever.
  • uuddlrlr wrote:

Pretty sure that this event, or something similar, will last for quite some time going forward. It seems to be the devs plan for patching up the 2-3 star transition and injecting a little more iso-8 and a fraction more HP into the game.
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    These Deadpool tokens have to be the worst. I haven't got one 3 star cover since the start of this mode. Frustrating! Two star covers should have lower drop rates for these event tokens, including other pve. It's ridiculous really

Let's do some math.
    Tacos:

You have a 1 in 10 chance of drawing a 3* from a Taco Token, and a little more than a 4% chance at some HP. So roughly 14% to draw something good. The 3* pool for these is limited to 5 characters at a time. Not one you want in there? Hold onto them.

Event tokens vary, and depending on the event are often just heroic tokens (Women of Marvel and Nefarious Foes were pretty much straight up Heroic tokens, with slightly better pricing). Some give better odds, but in general, you're not going to get better than a combined 20% for 3&4* draws.

So we'll just compare them to heroics.

Heroic tokens have a 14% chance of drawing a 3*, and a 2.4% chance of drawing a 4*. So in theory, the odds of "something good" are better here than the taco tokens, but the pool is 20 3* and 6 4*. Rather diluted.

So yes, Taco tokens have worse odds for overall number of 3* drawn. But that is partially because a little under 1/3 of those draws are replaced by HP. On top of that, you get two for free every day, and can hoard them until their pool contains characters you actually want. In addition, if you open your tokens, and don't need them and they plus the 3* cover aren't needed, you're netting 4500 iso a day for maybe 10-15 minutes of play. That's iso per minute that's probably a better return on time than lightning rounds.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    These Deadpool tokens have to be the worst. I haven't got one 3 star cover since the start of this mode. Frustrating! Two star covers should have lower drop rates for these event tokens, including other pve. It's ridiculous really

Let's do some math.
    Tacos:

You have a 1 in 10 chance of drawing a 3* from a Taco Token, and a little more than a 4% chance at some HP. So roughly 14% to draw something good. The 3* pool for these is limited to 5 characters at a time. Not one you want in there? Hold onto them.

Event tokens vary, and depending on the event are often just heroic tokens (Women of Marvel and Nefarious Foes were pretty much straight up Heroic tokens, with slightly better pricing). Some give better odds, but in general, you're not going to get better than a combined 20% for 3&4* draws.

So we'll just compare them to heroics.

Heroic tokens have a 14% chance of drawing a 3*, and a 2.4% chance of drawing a 4*. So in theory, the odds of "something good" are better here than the taco tokens, but the pool is 20 3* and 6 4*. Rather diluted.

So yes, Taco tokens have worse odds for overall number of 3* drawn. But that is partially because a little under 1/3 of those draws are replaced by HP. On top of that, you get two for free every day, and can hoard them until their pool contains characters you actually want. In addition, if you open your tokens, and don't need them and they plus the 3* cover aren't needed, you're netting 4500 iso a day for maybe 10-15 minutes of play. That's iso per minute that's probably a better return on time than lightning rounds.

Deadpool daily has the best 'return' of anything in game right now(unless I suppose you regularly contend for top 10 in PVE/PVP) - 2,500~ iso, a 3* cover, taco tokens all for 15-20 minutes of play.
  • There is 35 3* characters in the game right now. So by that logic, after 7 "weeks/rounds" we should have had a full run through all characters. Unless they introduce new characters, then it will be slightly longer icon_e_wink.gif
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    WTH.. why does AIs obw recon only cost 5 in this? icon_lol.gif
  • Chief270 wrote:
    WTH.. why does AIs obw recon only cost 5 in this? icon_lol.gif

Edit: I was wrong. She has only 1 purple cover.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Blah, didn't notice that. Ah well. Just caught me off guard when she got a turn 2 AR off. lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay I just won the Beast cover.

Now he's 4/4/0 at level 40! I can't wait not to use him! icon_lol.gif
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaPuzzler wrote:
    There is 35 3* characters in the game right now. So by that logic, after 7 "weeks/rounds" we should have had a full run through all characters. Unless they introduce new characters, then it will be slightly longer icon_e_wink.gif

Also keep in mind that each 3* character has 3 colors/covers to obtain. I would imagine after this first go around they'll go from the primary cover for the featured 3* character to their secondary one (possibly with new groupings so it's not the same 5 every time say Beast or Deadpool show up)
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. It's incredibly helpful. Is there a master list of all the covers that have been offered so far? I can't remember them all week to week.

eta: nevermind! found it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I had a pretty nifty plan starting tomorrow for the next set of DDQ's, but life kinda got in the way and I'll have to push it back. I'll still be doing these as they stand now, however. Look for a new thread about 20-25 minutes or so after the next set begins.