Deadpool Daily Quests - Week Four - Mar 5 to Mar 9

Options

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll never scoff at a 3 star cover, but already have Green Hulk & Yellow Falcon maxed out.

My kingdom for more Purple Falcon!

Same. I've got 1 cover in purpleflag.png and that was a recent acquisition. I think I've cashed out more Falcon covers than any other 3*
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    I'll never scoff at a 3 star cover, but already have Green Hulk & Yellow Falcon maxed out.

My kingdom for more Purple Falcon!

Same. I've got 1 cover in purpleflag.png and that was a recent acquisition. I think I've cashed out more Falcon covers than any other 3*

and here i am with 5 purple and 1 blue. trade??
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These Wave 1 Teisatsu ninjas are brutal on Stormneto/OBW but then again my team composition to prevent those attack tiles from spawning is non-ideal.
    2 bad boards cause 2 retreats and the 3rd starting board is half-way decent so I proceed with all 3 close to dead but I loaded up with iso-boosts.
    Manage to spread the damage around and downed 2 of the 4 Teisatsu while stunned only generating 4 attack tiles of which 2 get matched away.
    Limp into wave 2 off a cascade and OBW gets one-shot with Steve's SSA. Luckily the AI had no other AP to use so I Polarity Shift, Wind Storm, Magnetic Flux my way through.
    Limp into wave 3 and I have to make a match to collect AP and can't stop 1 countdown tile from resolving - down goes cStorm and MnMags a few turns later.

While I have reached the last wave using 2*Cap/MnMags/Cyclops, this didn't survive since I couldn't keep 2 stunned and deal enough damage fast enough.
    I'd run Steve but he is at 2/4/3 so no overwriting countdown tiles so I'm not exactly sure who to use then.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mike h wrote:
    Wow. Today is the first day I haven't been able to get out of the first round. Damn Teisatsus. Before I can even get a power off there are 6 countdown tiles on the board.
    I'm hoping its just bad boards. Too many single red countdowns scattered all over the place.

That's the same boat I'm in today. Even though the description of their countdowns say this shouldn't happen, every time one of those goes off, it one-shots a character once the cascades kick in (Thor survived one once in three attempts, but that's it--and he died the next turn when the next two went off). I'm pretty sure I've just had unlucky boards, but such is life. I'll try boosts later tonight and see if I have any better luck. So far, I've never done better than down one ninja before my team is wiped. Once I even retreated when I saw the board and everyone was still dead instead of wounded when I got back to the main screen. Maybe that purpleflag.pngicon_mystique.png cover isn't meant to be mine today icon_e_smile.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, I'm right there with you guys. About to try with Falcon (l91), maxed 2* Cap, and level 94 2/2/2 XForce. Will report back.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reporting back: success. Started with 2 +20% damage boosts, +3 all AP, and a Radar Sense teamup that I didn't end up needing.
  • Can we stop calling these weeks? Weeks are not 5 days long.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    mike h wrote:
    Wow. Today is the first day I haven't been able to get out of the first round. Damn Teisatsus. Before I can even get a power off there are 6 countdown tiles on the board.
    I'm hoping its just bad boards. Too many single red countdowns scattered all over the place.

That's the same boat I'm in today. Even though the description of their countdowns say this shouldn't happen, every time one of those goes off, it one-shots a character once the cascades kick in (Thor survived one once in three attempts, but that's it--and he died the next turn when the next two went off). I'm pretty sure I've just had unlucky boards, but such is life. I'll try boosts later tonight and see if I have any better luck. So far, I've never done better than down one ninja before my team is wiped. Once I even retreated when I saw the board and everyone was still dead instead of wounded when I got back to the main screen. Maybe that purpleflag.pngicon_mystique.png cover isn't meant to be mine today icon_e_smile.gif

Oddly enough I just did it with a team of MNThor, OBW and Bullseye of all people. No boosts and a reasonably favorable (or at least red-heavy) starting board. Between the defense tiles to negate all match/cascade damage and the ability to clear a row while dealing ~1,000 damage with strategic use of the criticals, Bullseye actually was reasonably useful...or at least enough so to help a little while Thor and Widow do all the heavy lifting. Hopefully there will be slightly fewer ninjas on the rest of this cycle's nodes. Between Enemy of the State and today, I've had my fill of them for a while...
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Can we stop calling these weeks? Weeks are not 5 days long.

I just called 'em what the devs called 'em. *shrug*
    Very well, if it's that bothersome to you, starting with the next one I'll call them "Iterations" instead, 'kay?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Of course they are weeks. They are the famous Marvel 5-day weeks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

I just called 'em what the devs called 'em. *shrug*
    Very well, if it's that bothersome to you, starting with the next one I'll call them "Iterations" instead, 'kay?

Cycle is a bit less cumbersome, but speaking for myself I don't care if we call them weeks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Narkon wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Of course they are weeks. They are the famous Marvel 5-day weeks. icon_e_smile.gif

Maybe call them Groups?

Making Hulk required and then putting Wolverine on the enemy team is just wrong.
  • Cycles, sets, groups, weeks, etc. Anything is fine so long as they they keep DDQ in the game forever.
  • Yesterday's Deadpool was the hardest one so far for me. (Cap**, OBW, CStorm) Teiatsu's with their quick red strike forced me to use up blue for stunning before killing them. However, yellow and green were short on the board, so I couldn't get Sentinel of Liberty out until well into the second wave, and was forced to use too much blue Wind Storming there too. In the final round, was able to get off 2 Wind Storm's and a Peacemaker quickly, but still took another Windstorm and a couple lightning strikes to kill off Gorgon.

Besides the Goddess/Panther day, this was the only day where I know I took more than 1000 damage.

I think on these types of days, it'd be easier to use more MStorm to clog the board before killing the Teiatsu's.

Hulk Green today? Bleh. The most available cover in the game... have already gotten at least 3 free ones from the Hulk PVE.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Cycles, sets, groups, weeks, etc. Anything is fine so long as they they keep DDQ in the game forever.

I have a cunning plan.
  • daibar wrote:
    Yesterday's Deadpool was the hardest one so far for me. (Cap**, OBW, CStorm) Teiatsu's with their quick red strike forced me to use up blue for stunning before killing them. However, yellow and green were short on the board, so I couldn't get Sentinel of Liberty out until well into the second wave, and was forced to use too much blue Wind Storming there too. In the final round, was able to get off 2 Wind Storm's and a Peacemaker quickly, but still took another Windstorm and a couple lightning strikes to kill off Gorgon.

Besides the Goddess/Panther day, this was the only day where I know I took more than 1000 damage.

I think on these types of days, it'd be easier to use more MStorm to clog the board before killing the Teiatsu's.

Hulk Green today? Bleh. The most available cover in the game... have already gotten at least 3 free ones from the Hulk PVE.

Clogging the board is definitely viable in transition land, but as the Teiatsu's attack tiles can appear anywhere, it would have to be FULL to stop them which you can't maintain really. Better is to stun them before killing them. A stunned Teiatsu does not make attack tiles. MBW to the rescue.
  • Personal note: I'll be making some changes to this as of the next set of five. I've had a lot of support and feedback from you guys and gals, and it's appreciated. I've also had some...rather not so appreciated messages sent to me through line, and through the advice column anonymous email system I have set up on my website. I'm not sure what prompts people to do that sort of thing, but I'm not going to let get to me. Here's a breakdown of what will change and what will not:

1) Feedback: "Week". No worries. I'm good with that, and have an idea that may work better and I appreciate that the word "week" doesn't work exactly. Thanks for bringing that up (and thanks for being nice about it, you should see some of the other stuff...) icon_e_smile.gif
    2) Feedback: Hiding Things Under Spoilers Sucks: Sorry, still going to happen. It makes the post MUCH easier for people to select the day they're interested in seeing without having to scroll through up to four previous days.
    3) Feedback: The posts are too long. Just put in the information we need! I...kinda thought I had been?? But for that lovely someone (three, actually - two through line, one via anon) I've got something special lined up for you.
    4) Feedback: You Take Too Long To Update The Post. Generally I have the post updated within 20-25 minutes from the DPD starting time. I'm truly sorry, but I really can't do it any faster.
    5) Feedback: Why Are You Doing This, Anyway? It's Not Your Job. Are You Just Trying To Feel Important? Because Your Roster Sucks And You Suck. Lets just leave that one here, as one of the NICER anonymous messages I've gotten. I have a feeling perhaps I hit someone in PVP that I shouldn't have?

Edit: I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. The majority of comments (including feedback) has been perfectly fine. I just wanted to put it out there.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Yesterday's Deadpool was the hardest one so far for me. (Cap**, OBW, CStorm) Teiatsu's with their quick red strike forced me to use up blue for stunning before killing them. However, yellow and green were short on the board, so I couldn't get Sentinel of Liberty out until well into the second wave, and was forced to use too much blue Wind Storming there too. In the final round, was able to get off 2 Wind Storm's and a Peacemaker quickly, but still took another Windstorm and a couple lightning strikes to kill off Gorgon.

Clogging the board is definitely viable in transition land, but as the Teiatsu's attack tiles can appear anywhere, it would have to be FULL to stop them which you can't maintain really. Better is to stun them before killing them. A stunned Teiatsu does not make attack tiles. MBW to the rescue.

I think up to this point the Teisatsu attack tiles can actually appear anywhere, so even if you have a full board it's not going to help.I say this is because I've had an attack tile overwrite my Ares Sunder CD tile, much to my dismay. Stunning still works like a charm though, so at least that's something. I don't know if the overwriting capability of the Teisatsu are working as intended or if it's really just a bug, there have been a couple of reports in the Bugs section about it but no official comments/replies to my knowledge. Hoping it's going to be fixed at some point, this is too cheap of an advantage I think, but if it is supposed to be this way it *is* what makes them annoying as opponents.
  • I've even seen attack tiles appear on tiles that got matched to kill the sucker, the tile reappears from no where. Those ninja are sneaky.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I've even seen attack tiles appear on tiles that got matched to kill the sucker, the tile reappears from no where. Those ninja are sneaky.

By law all ninja should wear reflective orange vests and a set of bells.