[Poll] New Cover Art (2 of 2)

Options
2»

Comments

• Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    Yeah, the guy pointing it out was a **** in his approach to telling you, but he is right: the wording on your polls (this one and the first one) is a little difficult to understand without the context of the pictures in the OP. And seeing as the poll appears on the top of the page, followed by the first post that adds context, maybe it should be old vs. new instead of current vs. variant. Seeing as the 'variant' covers are now the current covers found in your character list.
    I totally got his point, and agree that the wording is confusing, though the covers in the OP should clarify it enough where people will generally understand.

I'm only hesitating in editing the poll because I think it wipes out all the responses.
  • Please bring back original invisible woman, thor , rocket&groot cover.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Variant Spiderman is an interesting scene, but the 3* has "classic" as the subtitle which evokes in my mind the image of him swinging through the streets.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Squirrel Girl's variant is just adorable. Makes me wish her in-game art wasn't so freaky-looking.

Any chance of a 2* clone with her Great Lakes Avengers costume?
  • Trisul wrote:
    dider152 wrote:
    Yeah, the guy pointing it out was a **** in his approach to telling you, but he is right: the wording on your polls (this one and the first one) is a little difficult to understand without the context of the pictures in the OP. And seeing as the poll appears on the top of the page, followed by the first post that adds context, maybe it should be old vs. new instead of current vs. variant. Seeing as the 'variant' covers are now the current covers found in your character list.
    I totally got his point, and agree that the wording is confusing, though the covers in the OP should clarify it enough where people will generally understand.

I'm only hesitating in editing the poll because I think it wipes out all the responses.
    I agree that I was an ahole to you with the way I said it, though. Sorry about that.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To Trisul,
    Great poll! Yes the wording was confusing and made you think about what you were voting on. Should have went with Original Cover instead of current. The variant option made me realize you meant the cover before the change with the current option. So yeah, you were confusing, but still it wasn't that hard to figure out. If you want, I'd go and change the current option to say original.

Secondly, I like most of the variant covers! Sexy Thor's is awesome in my opinion. It's like she's part cloud and thunder and badassery. Spider-Man is classic! It's totally something he would have to do! Star-Lord's variant is kick ****. Dear Devs, why no mask in his game character??? And no phasers??? Lame....the art is what Star-Lord should be in the game. I'm 50/50 on Captain Marvel. Her original cover is super sexy. The variant is bad **** too tho! Just not enough mohawk. It's like they weren't sure if they wanted it or not. Great design tho. Rocket & Groot is kinda weird. I like the idea of the team playing poker. That's cool, but I don't really like the way they look as much.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thoress cover, I'm half expecting her to have giant Mickey feet and a Keyblade strapped to her back... but I do like Kingdom Hearts, so it isn't bad.

Deadpool... I haven't really liked any of the covers... the video game one was neat, but wasn't amazing. I absolutely hate the variant... looks like a kid drew it... if a kid did draw it, I'm sorry for picking on it... Good job little girl! You win the $10 gift certificate to Little Ceasers. If it was an adult, wow, just wow.

Squirrel Girl, like the variant because didn't like the original very much, and please please change her in game character art yikes.

Spidey, Classic is too boring, So many action covers fall under "classic", I actually like McFarlane's art, that's what I grew up with. Variant is neat because it's different than the boring classic... but with mobile phone and tweet/fb on the tablet... it goes against 'classic'.

Captain Marvel, I like them both, but I really like the feel of the variant, she is enjoying her alone time.

Rocket & Groot, I like the action shot of the original cover, it contrasts with their natural imagery of a tree and a raccoon. But I see the humor in the variant and having to see their backs to see them cheating in cards and the play on the dogs playing poker imagery.

Invisible Woman... I like her variant a lot better than her original one. I like it stylistically as a special cover but not for a permanent cover, but would prefer a new cover be selected for her permanent one. Her original one is too much like Neo from the Matrix. I feel like I'm watching the slow motion bullet hit Superman's eyeball in Superman Returns... though it was interesting to see and probably cost a fortune to do, it was boring. Do people actually shoot bullets in that kind of a pattern with a machine gun?

Starlord, both are neat, but the variant is a neat perspective and different in a good way.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PLEASE keep this variant of Squirrel Girl. It's awesome.

CAKE!!!!
  • All the women's month variants are quite good. Especially dig the spidey variant, the squirrel girl variant -- and that Starlord variant blows everything else out of the water. If nothing else, they really need to keep around that beautiful starlord cover.
  • I think they all look better icon_e_smile.gif
  • The only one where I'm really adamant about sticking with the new cover is Squirrel Girl. i think the "original" is incredibly ugly. I mean, I don't like the style of the new one either, but it's not quite that spectacularly ugly.