Increase odds of non-20 iso rewards

2»

Comments

• simonsez wrote:
    BBTBob wrote:
    if you have a 50/50 chance of earning 20 ISO-8 for every win then wouldn't the number of initial "guaranteed" victories tilt the scales to the conclusion that you are most likely to win a reward? Even if it's now only a slight or diminishing advantage?
    If that above information was correct, yes. If you clear a node n times, your expected number of 20 ISO awards would be (n-1)/2. So your average number of such awards would be (n-1)/2n, which approaches 50% as n gets larger, but until n is infinity, it never gets there.

However, this math asssumes you stop once all the real awards are gone, because at that point the probability shifts from 50% to 100%. But since many players do keep grinding after all the awards are gone, that's why the people who are saying 20 ISO is the most common award, are correct.
    I hadn't considered that, thank you
  • brysonian
    brysonian Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Ok so wakanda set of nodes is finally over thank god. That was the worst set of node ever. 4 out of 9 only gave me 1 reward. One of the nodes was too hard to survive. Iso 20 has to go. It just makes the game super frustrating and insulting to the player. Here your effort is worth iso 20. Nevermind the iso 250, 500, or recruit token that you are trying to get you can only have iso 20.Unless of course you can survive the node 6 or 7 times then maybe you can have all 4 rewards.
  • brysonian
    Ok so I was going thru the easier set of nodes a second time before going to bed and 7 out of 9 nodes gave me iso 20 on the second pass. Really? 7 of 9 iso 20 that is rediculous. Just shows how much the programmers value our effort to play the game.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Getting rid of the 20 ISO rewards would be great. Almost as good would be to get rid of the +Critical Damage boosts. Getting that reward the first time I clear a node is almost worse than getting 20 ISO the second time I clear a node.
  • brysonian
    Ok so I just finished playing 7 nodes a second time on thunderbolt mountain and only 1 node didn't give me iso 20. Gotta love those odds. When are the developers going to scrap the iso 20 reward already it makes playing feel like a waste of time and effort. Especially if you are working harder nodes and may take some effort to get through the nodes to try to earn the real rewards.
  • brysonian wrote:
    Ok so I was going thru the easier set of nodes a second time before going to bed and 7 out of 9 nodes gave me iso 20 on the second pass. Really? 7 of 9 iso 20 that is rediculous. Just shows how much the programmers value our effort to play the game.

brysonian wrote:
    Ok so I just finished playing 7 nodes a second time on thunderbolt mountain and only 1 node didn't give me iso 20. Gotta love those odds. When are the developers going to scrap the iso 20 reward already it makes playing feel like a waste of time and effort. Especially if you are working harder nodes and may take some effort to get through the nodes to try to earn the real rewards.

I feel for you., getting awarded 20-ISO 90% of the time. We can talk about percentages all we want, but what you experiences is, unfortunately, a common occurrence.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    If the concern is "I'm not getting enough ISO from PvE", that's a completely separate issue. Increasing the 20 ISO 'consolation prize' would be one way to put more ISO out there for players, but that doesn't make the 20 ISO consolation prize a broken game mechanic.
    When you beat a ridiculous node like Snipers feeding Torch for a second time, and all you get is 20 ISO, that does start to feel kinda broken to me...