So anyone hear anything about the next PVE coming

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Been 2 weeks since Cy so guessing new person or do we think it will be an older cover. Just wondering, need to either spends these coins on a new slot or a cover icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's some noise about Prodigal Sun.
  • slidecage
    Options
    There's some noise about Prodigal Sun.

man i think i tanked in that event last time (know i did not hit top 50 or team 50 cause i never got the 4 star. though i did draw her from a token like week later
  • Usually we've heard SOMETHING by now if there's a new character, especially since the first slices should be ending in the next day or so. I think we'll probably have one more PVE with normal prizes, then they'll roll out somebody new.
  • We've done all the good PVE's recently, so it will probably be a PVE that is disliked more than others.

As far as new characters, Avengers 2 comes out soon so....I'll say Gold Bullseye or Moonstone. icon_lol.gif

I'm sorry. That was wrong. It could easily be both icon_e_wink.gif
  • We've done all the good PVE's recently, so it will probably be a PVE that is disliked more than others.

Heroic it is then.

(Actually, I'm okay with them running an occasional heroic, as long as it isn't for a new character).
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    We've done all the good PVE's recently, so it will probably be a PVE that is disliked more than others.

Heroic it is then.

(Actually, I'm okay with them running an occasional heroic, as long as it isn't for a new character).

I guess it could also be a new PVE. However, with daily PVE having just come out, I'm not holding my breath on that one.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    We've done all the good PVE's recently, so it will probably be a PVE that is disliked more than others.

Heroic it is then.

I guess it could also be a new PVE. However, with daily PVE having just come out, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

well they said ever 2 weeks a new person should come out. been 2 weeks since cly came out so that i why i was thinking new one. I hope its an old one so i can keep my tokens total keep growing. Though even if i need a slot im sure i can either dump Ares, IW, or captain or some other 2 stars i never use anymore
    I'm with Ben. Probably a Heroic, maybe a Sim. I've been back for about a month and haven't played either yet, so it's got to be about due.
    As far as new characters, Avengers 2 comes out soon so....I'll say Gold Bullseye or Moonstone. icon_lol.gif
    What's sort of funny, and I don't want to advocate this in any way, but if Moonstone got the Lazy Cap treatment she might actually be pretty good. Give her red a huge bump in damage like Cap's red got and give her purple some decent damage regardless of special tile manipulation and/or the ability to pick both tiles, suddenly you've got a playable character to fit into some teams even if her black is marginal, highly situational, and radically overpriced.

Lazy Bullseye I'm not prepared to discuss at this time, because **** Bullseye. Stupidoverscaledprotecttiledroppingmother...
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'm with Ben. Probably a Heroic, maybe a Sim. I've been back for about a month and haven't played either yet, so it's got to be about due.
    What's sort of funny, and I don't want to advocate this in any way, but if Moonstone got the Lazy Cap treatment she might actually be pretty good. Give her red a huge bump in damage like Cap's red got and give her purple some decent damage regardless of special tile manipulation and/or the ability to pick both tiles, suddenly you've got a playable character to fit into some teams even if her black is marginal, highly situational, and radically overpriced.

Lazy Bullseye I'm not prepared to discuss at this time, because tinykitty Bullseye. Stupidoverscaledprotecttiledroppingmother...

I never got the "every 1* and 2* in teh game needs a 3* lazy version" arguement. How about instead of yet another lazy version of a charecter that isn't strong enough in the MU (IMO) to have a 3 * they focus on new charecters with new skills, as they've had some decent success with new one recently. Moonstone and Bulleye are low level baddies...why pretend they aren't? Should we have a 4* yulena too?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Prodigal Sun - Check
    New character incoming - Check
    8 hour node refresh timer set on phone - Check
  • IceIX wrote:
    Prodigal Sun - Check
    New character incoming - Check
    8 hour node refresh timer set on phone - Check

Can we at least have it so the villains are buffed up for it? It never made much sense to have the heroes running around that story.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Prodigal Sun - Check

*fart noise*
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    Can we at least have it so the villains are buffed up for it? It never made much sense to have the heroes running around that story.
    Villains are buffed for it, yes. There are no heroes buffed for this running either. Just some of the Dark Avengers and a couple of the Cabal. We don't lock heroes out of running in the Event though since that essentially turns it into a mock Heroic, making it very difficult for many players. Especially so when most players that are hurting for character slots tend to spend them on heroes since they're more well known and popular.
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    *inb4 Emma Frost announcement*
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    revizion wrote:

I don't think Emma Frost fits the ability teaser:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256
  • rednailz wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    What's sort of funny, and I don't want to advocate this in any way, but if Moonstone got the Lazy Cap treatment she might actually be pretty good. Give her red a huge bump in damage like Cap's red got and give her purple some decent damage regardless of special tile manipulation and/or the ability to pick both tiles, suddenly you've got a playable character to fit into some teams even if her black is marginal, highly situational, and radically overpriced. Lazy Bullseye I'm not prepared to discuss at this time, because tinykitty Bullseye. Stupidoverscaledprotecttiledroppingmother...
    I never got the "every 1* and 2* in teh game needs a 3* lazy version" arguement. How about instead of yet another lazy version of a charecter that isn't strong enough in the MU (IMO) to have a 3 * they focus on new charecters with new skills, as they've had some decent success with new one recently. Moonstone and Bulleye are low level baddies...why pretend they aren't? Should we have a 4* yulena too?
    I think you missed the part where I said I "don't want to advocate this in any way", and Vale was clearly joking. I was just making a devil's advocate style point that Moonstone's powers actually could be decent if she got the Lazy 3* treatment, not that I'm wishing for her or anyone else to get Lazied ever again. New characters should be new, but now that you mention it...4* Yelena? Hell yeah! Give it to me! Take my money now!!! icon_razz.gif

As for Prodigal Son for a new character, I say meh. Could be better, could be worse. Buffed Daken would make life pretty easy. At least it's not Juggy Heroic.
  • slidecage
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    revizion wrote:

I don't think Emma Frost fits the ability teaser:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256

ummm guessing if its a 3 star

Top 10 all 3
    top 50 black and purple
    top 150 black
  • I hope a 3* i m readly burn out by crazy character release
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    Pretty sure it's Iron Fist guys.

There's a photo going around line showing PS PvE tokens someone saved up and Iron Fist is shown in the middle
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-20-21-00_zps2b2adf6e.png
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does Prodigal Son = guaranteed Sentry cover ?
    Cos I need a few ...