Stop Alliance Point Manipulation

2»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will never happen. It locks people in to a Group where they may not wish to be for various reasons. People need to be able to come and go as they please.

Dont see how it LOCKS people into a group since if they would lock the people into an event 24 hours after it starts.

Yea you can come and go as much as you please but you forfit the rights of putting your points into whatever leauge your jumping into.I posted this a month ago and was flamed saying o it only effects a VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE.

Not does it hurt other groups but it also hurts people in the group they are moving around. I have no idea why people even do this. Who the hell cares XXXXX is number 1 in your bracket when they are 100% filled and you have no chance in joining them.

Also i dont see any point in a league saying we have 10 Sub leagues join us and we will move you. I have been in a few of these and just so they could hit the number 1 spot they took out 3 of our best scores pushing our team from xx to xx and moving us down 1 to 2 reward levels. What i think is nothing more then a slap to the face of the rest of the members in the team that is being forced down just cause they want that number one slot for no reason at all

I say whatever TEAM YOUR IN within 24 hours of an event starting your IN THAT TEAM FOR THAT EVENT. IF you want to move to a new team you can BUT your score will not count for that team your moving into, or they could even LOCK IT DOWN IN THE LAST 24 HOURS. Anyone who moves in the last 24 hours of an event your score will not count.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like most people in this thread are missing the overarching problem here; there's no plausible solution that doesn't hurt a demographic of player.

If you say, well, after /x/ amount of time, the player's score is stuck with their Alliance, then a player that is well overplaying his current alliancemates is stuck getting less than what he really should be earning, which is why most players merc - they leave for one event because they earned enough points in that one event to get a higher tier prize (which they deserve, because they earned those points) - and they let their current Alliance now ahead of time so you can find a replacement, even a lot of times helping find replacements themselves.

Additionally, under this umbrella, you have players that score so well over their alliancemates that they practically single-handedly allow players to earn reward tiers they would never achieve on their own - and being barred out of rewards he should be earning because his own alliancemates aren't pulling the same weight as he is. These player should be able to leave the Alliance, which all of their points in tact, to move on to a larger Alliance, where he'll be getting the rewards he deserves to get because of the effort he is putting forth.

On the otherhand, of course, the Alliance as a whole does potentially get **** as whole, especially if they jump ship at the end of the event. These guys are kinda scummy, fine and dandy, I'll agree there, but at the end of the day, didn't the player earn the points, not the Alliance? It sucks for that group of people, sure, but you shouldn't really feel entitled to the points they earned.

I just don't see a happy medium, and there's no reason for MPQ to implement a new policy that is going to cause an uproar, that at the end of the day accomplishes very little (if anything at all).

And as a sidenote: If you are implying that a player's score would be retained by an Alliance after he left, then yes, he is locked to that Alliance for the entirety of that event, and no that is not fair. If he's going to lose his score, he has no reason to leave, because he'd be screwing himself after working hard for a high score. Beyond that, there is no period where events are not running, so that player would be locked into his first Alliance unless he wanted to lose out on rewards for one or more events. If you want to suggest that both the player and the Alliance would retain the score, then Alliances (especially the big ones with sister Alliances) would abuse the holy Hell out of this, and isn't an appropriate fix either.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    The only thing I can think of, is some kind of pro-rated formula based on the amount of time in the alliance for that season/event, and % of contribution to the alliance score. I don't know what that equation would be though.