Norman Osborn: Goblin or Iron Patriot? Or Both?

Options
I'm sure this has come up a million times already, but I'm new. It's been so long since the game has been released and I'm disappointed that Norman Osborn hasn't made a combat-able debut yet, especially given the straight up dogging we got from the re-run of Iso-8 Brotherhood. Before you ask, yes I have watched the Ultimate-Spider Man series that run on Disney XD (on Netflix) and I noticed a peculiarly similar theme of this Osborn possibly not being completely free of his Goblin side. In USM we see a recently *cough* "cured" Osborn take his page from Tony Stark's book and don his own crime-fighting super suit, the Iron Patriot.

From the reading I've done, the Iron Patriot suit is in familiar territory given the original Dark Reign, but we don't want to completely dismiss the idea of fighting Spider-Man's most hated foe and murderer of Gwen Stacy, the Green Goblin. But given MPQ's system of using all available characters to fight, we hit a conundrum of what do you with a matchup of Iron Patriot vs Green Goblin?

A friend of mine suggested that they could lock the character's name as Norman Osborn with parentheses titles assigned to either role. I liked this idea, because we don't have a 2 star Iron Man yet. And given that both Iron Man versions and Captain America versions all share the Red/Yellow/Blue scheme, it'd fit that the merge between the two would be the same (perhaps Blue > Red > Yellow), or just Blue/Red/Black given the vindictive nature of Osborn in general.

Given that characters have been no stranger to having wild differences among character versions, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have Goblin take the 3* spot, with room left over to give Norman Osborn (Director of H.A.M.M.E.R.) a possible spot as a later 4 star to stand in opposition to our own Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I know this is all wild speculation and probably won't achieve much fruition, but when you play and grind a game long enough, the mind wanders.

Comments

• I'm glad you brought this up. We do need Norman Osborn in the game to whoop on. He has been talking so much trash to us for over a year that just crushing him in PvP would be glorious. That's right, suck it N.O.!

It has already been suggested that his 4* version be Norman Osborn (Iron Patriot) and the 3* be Norman Osborn (Green Goblin), it was a long while ago and I forget where I saw it. Probably in some finish the Dark Reign storyline thread somewhere.
    Now for their colors:
    Iron Patriot: red, blue, black?
    Green Goblin: definitely green, black, purple (his colors, just change the order to whatever as I listed them randomly)

Oh, and we should get Spider-Gwen as the 4* Spider-Man. Just saying.
  • fsentell wrote:
    Oh, and we should get Spider-Gwen as the 4* Spider-Man. Just saying.

Honestly, I'm more expecting tie-ins to current Marvel content (Guardians of the Galaxy movie comes out and we get Star Lord, Rocket & Groot, and Gamora? All we're missing is Drax and he got a weak part in that movie). I wouldn't be surprised if a 4 star Spidey wouldn't be Ultimate Spider Man or a genderswap like Spider-girl. I've even toyed with the notion of Iron-Spider, 2099, Noir, etc.

There should be a thread for this.
  • 3* Green Goblin, 4* Iron Patriot
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    Word from a LONG time ago was that a model for Osborn was made he however was never released. I would personally love to see goblin over patriot especially since they dropped the dark reign logo. Ironmans character in mpq is lack luster so another clone would probably just make me sad haha. However there's alot that could be done with goblin be it the original or the ultimate Spidey version.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about 4* Norman as Iron Patriot and 3* Harry as the Goblin?
  • Can someone explain how and why Norman Osbourne gets the Iron Patriot suit? I thought it was Ironman/War Machine's so I'm pretty confused on this whole story.
  • It happens after the end of Secret Invasion, not to spoil the story but lets say is more or less like the game starts, he gets control over Shield (or well creates HAMMER) and Stark assets and gets the armor
    he funds the Dark Avengers, but to be honest if you read the comics he isn't so successful as Iron Patriot, usually Sentry saves the day and he loses against Cyclops when he goes against the X-Men
  • I think there should be a 4* Iron Patriot and some passive losing control as Green Goblin (as happens in the story)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    518byb7nLGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd really love to see the Iron Patriot released as some bizarro fusion of Iron Man & Nick Fury.
  • Is that supposed to be Bullseye down there? He looks like a pallet swapped Daken.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Evidently Iron Patriot is already fleshed out in-game. For whatever reason, he was shelved.

I'd like to see a rash of new 2* chars ala Sinister Six ans Harry as the Green Goblin 2*. The Whales will still buy coins and pay for ISO to level them, and the newbs will get new toys. The vets will at least see new pictures on the face of their 250 ISO certificate. What's more, it allows D3 to even further exploit cover slots and require these characters for PVE missions. Why not do a 2* tourney-for-all (aside from the balance of power sort of tourneys?

I'm for 2* Harry, 3* Norman (goblins), and the 4* Iron Patriot. I'm for a 2* or 3* Kraven, Vulture, Lizard, Rhino (who is really just a different juggernaut), Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, Carnage, Venom, SANDMAN!!!

Spider-Man's universe is severely untapped.
  • I think Norman Osborn will become the Green Goblin, though it probably wont happen until the third film. I could see Norman Osborn stepping up to be the main villain of Amazing Spider-Man 3, where you could do the "Death of Gwen Stacy" arc. I would also introduce Otto Octavius as one of Osborns right-hand men, have him become Doctor Octopus, and introduce any other villains you might need for the Sinister Six, like Vulture.

At the end of the film, Id wrap up the trilogy story by having Norman Osborns Green Goblin be defeated by Spider-Man, probably killed. And somewhere in that mix have Octavius betray Osborn, possibly flee Oscorp with a bunch of key research files or whatever. And then have a post-credits sequence where we see Doctor Octopus has gathered what will become the Sinister Six.

And then Amazing Spider-Man 4, the last part in the series, is Spider-Man VS The Sinister Six.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i thought amazing spider-man 3 was blown off and they're rebooting again...
  • They should bring in 4* Iron Patriot and finally... FINALLY... conclude the Dark Reign storyline. It's pretty lame that the developers ditched that storyline without bringing it to it's conclusion.
  • Xenoberyll wrote:

That's correct. Drew Goddard writing and directing The Spectacular Spider-Man, with a new, probably much younger actor, and Iron Man and the Sinister Six rumored to be appearing.
  • 2* Green Goblin

4* Iron Patriot

That would reflect the difference in power level nicely.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was either IceIX, David, or Will, can't remember. But one of them said that they had Norman as Iron Patriot.

But....

Having Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot could confuse some players that were not familiar with the Marvel Universe. So Marvel told D3 that they had to make one of his poses show his face without the IP helmet/mask.

So, Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot is already done. The question is when will he be released?

edit, found post, it was IceIX
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24426&start=20#p305409
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Xenoberyll wrote:

That's correct. Drew Goddard writing and directing The Spectacular Spider-Man, with a new, probably much younger actor, and Iron Man and the Sinister Six rumored to be appearing.

I just hope we don't get a whiney Toby Maguire Peter Parker again. I liked Amazing 2, they did a lot of things right.
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Xenoberyll wrote:

I just hope we don't get an angsty Toby Maguire Peter Parker again. I liked Amazing 2, they did a lot of things right.

There fixed that for you.

And I likes Toby as Peter Parker / Spidie. For Spider-man you need a good Peter, and the one in Amazing did not do it for me.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just would like to state how much I hate the reinvention of the Norman Osborn character to make him the Lex Luthor of the Marvel Universe. Cheesy as hell.

He was much better when he was just dead. A legend from a distant past time.