anyone think the deadpool daily thing will hurt the game

Options

Comments

• IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The only reason you didn't get ANOTHER -1 for your OP, Mr. slidecage, is that it was a valid question.

You were just wrong about your answer.

Again.

Now eat your taco.

I could've sworn it shoulda been a chimichanga...
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    I must admit when I saw a new thread posted by slidecage I thought it was another quest to nerf 8h PvE refresh down to 3h again.

But am pleasantly surprised this is not. Carry on, I have nothing constructive to add.
  • I think they are just testing if/how the new rewards hurt/change the MPQ economy.

They always made slight changes and probably watched the stats after that.

Overall, the amount of Iso available to grab gets higher and higher, you just have to play more and more.

DDQ is the thing I am waiting for every day, and changed my feeling about the game very positively.

It will not hurt the game.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Overall PVE and PVP participation will decrease.

I have trouble seeing how this is a "negative". The only people who'll abandon that grind are the ones that truly hate it. Everybody else will be grateful of not having those reluctant competitors vying for the limited prize spots. Final result? Literally everybody is happier.

The reason I say this is a downside is because you think we have death brackets now? The death brackets that result when few casual people are playing regular PVE and PVP may be even greater. If you go into time slice 3 (East Asia) where participation is low, unless you've the XThor combo you're going to get rocked, and probably won't make top 25. Other regular time slices might become more like that as well.
  • This is just assumption since I was transitionning a long time ago, but buying a few extra covers every now and then helps the progression greatly.

MPQ should not be thought of pure F2P, because it's not and will never be. At least if someone wants to be competitive. I'm sure that someone who wants to play casually can be quite happy with what he has as a F2P player.

It was possible to be competitive as a F2P last year, but not anymore.

That being said, I've seen quite a lot of developped rosters from "randoms" in unknown Alliances, so it must be possible to transition, but that requires money. A lot ? I can't tell.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    This is just assumption since I was transitionning a long time ago, but buying a few extra covers every now and then helps the progression greatly.

MPQ should not be thought of pure F2P, because it's not and will never be. At least if someone wants to be competitive. I'm sure that someone who wants to play casually can be quite happy with what he has as a F2P player.

It was possible to be competitive as a F2P last year, but not anymore.

That being said, I've seen quite a lot of developped rosters from "randoms" in unknown Alliances, so it must be possible to transition, but that requires money. A lot ? I can't tell.

You can buy covers even if you're F2P. I never thought it made sense to only use HP on shields or roster slots given the chance of a powerful 3* in the prize pool is quite small and was never that great even back then. Even back in the days where LRs rewarded villian covers, the corollary of that is that normal events never rewarded Magneto covers and buying some Magnetic Fields helps you a ton and I used all the HP I accumulated for just that, over roster spaces (no shields back then). While hopefully we won't see anything like Magnetic Field that can instantly propel a player from a normal guy to godlike, there are still certain 3*s who definitely have a heavier weight on your success than others.

I do think they need to bring up the quality of the rest of the PvE on par with Deadpool Daily. Even if we throw out the outright horrible PvEs like Unstable Isotope, take something that's considered playable like TaT or Heroic Oscorp, it's certainly still worse than Deadpool Daily in terms of quality, and I'm not convinced that's solely a reward thing because I sure don't need anything from Deadpool Daily.
  • The 3 star wall is already huge.

A few more people won't make the wall any bigger.

It will just make the newbies break the 3 star wall faster than usual.
  • No, and quit whining or just quit and let me have your stuff icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If everything that Demiurge does is bad then go play another game.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Oh slidecage, is there anything you can't complain about.

who said i was COMPLAINING about the event. I said yea i cant get to the 3 cover (yet) I was just mostly asking a question simple as that. Im happy with the 2 Taco tokens until i get good enough to move up to the 3 star level--- what should be the next time the have a HP sale since i was able to pull a PINK FALCON meaning i can now max him on the next sale and with bird strike almost nothing can hurt you icon_e_smile.gif

Also will be interesting to see how long they keep the daily thing up. i mean they are what giving out 1250pt covers a day, unless they know in 3 to 4 months 3 stars will be what is now 2 stars since we will be flooded with 4 stars

it was just a simple question.

Also forgot Covers really dont mean a thing when you need tons of ISO to max out the people. They could give us all maxxed out covers at level 40 and it would still take months if not years to max out the levels with the lack of ISO they give out
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Oh slidecage, is there anything you can't complain about.

who said i was COMPLAINING about the event. I said yea i cant get to the 3 cover (yet) I was just mostly asking a question simple as that. Im happy with the 2 Taco tokens until i get good enough to move up to the 3 star level--- what should be the next time the have a HP sale since i was able to pull a PINK FALCON meaning i can now max him on the next sale and with bird strike almost nothing can hurt you icon_e_smile.gif

Also will be interesting to see how long they keep the daily thing up. i mean they are what giving out 1250pt covers a day, unless they know in 3 to 4 months 3 stars will be what is now 2 stars since we will be flooded with 4 stars

it was just a simple question.

Also forgot Covers really dont mean a thing when you need tons of ISO to max out the people. They could give us all maxxed out covers at level 40 and it would still take months if not years to max out the levels with the lack of ISO they give out

See what's funny here is that you've still managed to slide a complaint in at the end. Ark's question still stands. icon_lol.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    I sure don't need anything from Deadpool Daily.

4.5K Iso each day is quite good I think.

I see you're an old player icon_e_smile.gif Didn't know that.
  • slidecage wrote:

If you play consistently, you can win 1 Million Iso a month now...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

dude. Just max out your core 2*s and play. Then build up some 3*s and play some more. Covers mean everything. Iso helps, but you don't need 2x 270s and 10x 166s to do well in this game.
  • i don't like the event, although i'm at the 3* transition and almost own every 3* hero at least once...
    this is because i think 3*chars will 'degrade' way too fast now; plus absolutely no effort is neccessary anymore to get them!
  • thanos8587
    Options
    i don't like the event, although i'm at the 3* transition and almost own every 3* hero at least once...
    this is because i think 3*chars will 'degrade' way too fast now; plus absolutely no effort is neccessary anymore to get them!

there are 34 3*s (more coming every two weeks). times 13 covers thats 442. by my math at one a day thats still more than a year. i would call a year of work something more than no effort.

i have every 3* except lazy daken. this event probably kept me from quitting the game out of complete frustration over the difficulty in getting 3* covers.

to each his own.
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    i have every 3* except lazy daken. this event probably kept me from quitting the game out of complete frustration over the difficulty in getting 3* covers.

it's not my fault that you're not able to get a decend ranking with...
    thanos8587 wrote:
    every 3* except lazy daken
    ...to earn more covers icon_rolleyes.gif

basically, there are 3 types of players i will divide the total of all players in:
    1* & 2* -players: they won't profit much from this event beside the tacco-token, since the 3* wall, as someone already stated before me, is getting higher and higher now.
    2* to 3* -transition players: obviously the group which profits the most, since they don't have to play a sinlge event anymore, besides the deadpool daily.
    longtime 3* & 4* -players: won't profit at all, since they, probably, already got their maxed out covers. this is the group which gets punished the most retrospectively, because they had to grind and rank well with a lot of effort in order to get something.

although i'm the perfect target for this event (2* to 3* transtion player) i find it way too unbalanced.

and by the way... you confuse 'time taken' with 'effort required'
    thanos8587 wrote:
    by my math at one a day thats still more than a year. i would call a year of work something more than no effort.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't understand how there can be any negativity towards this.

I don't need 95% of the covers, but there's Taco tokens to be had, plus it's about 4000 ISO - _daily_, on top of everything else.

If you really find a downside to that - why are you playing MPQ still?
  • thanos8587
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:

it's not my fault that you're not able to get a decend ranking with...
    thanos8587 wrote:
    every 3* except lazy daken
    ...to earn more covers icon_rolleyes.gif

basically, there are 3 types of players i will divide the total of all players in:
    1* & 2* -players: they won't profit much from this event beside the tacco-token, since the 3* wall, as someone already stated before me, is getting higher and higher now.
    2* to 3* -transition players: obviously the group which profits the most, since they don't have to play a sinlge event anymore, besides the deadpool daily.
    longtime 3* & 4* -players: won't profit at all, since they, probably, already got their maxed out covers. this is the group which gets punished the most retrospectively, because they had to grind and rank well with a lot of effort in order to get something.

although i'm the perfect target for this event (2* to 3* transtion player) i find it way too unbalanced.

and by the way... you confuse 'time taken' with 'effort required'
    thanos8587 wrote:
    by my math at one a day thats still more than a year. i would call a year of work something more than no effort.

trolling me notwithstanding, 28 of my 33 3* characters are 5 covers or less and worthless in pvp, which is the whole point of why they created the dpq. the developers acknowledge that accumulating 3* covers has now become too onerous for newer players in the transition. so its not just my opinion its the opinion of the people who created the game. and no im not confused, time=money =effort in freemium games. unless im playing in my sleep, there is an EFFORT put into obtaining rewards in this game which takes TIME which can be completely circumvented with the outlay of enough MONEY.
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    unless im playing in my sleep, there is an EFFORT put into obtaining rewards in this game which takes TIME

10 minutes dude,... 10 minutes...
    this is what a 3* hero is worth now.