Not getting credit for enemy of state events

2»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Same for me, but I actually think that it DOES add the points in, a mission or two, later?

All I know is that I'll hit the same progression award at least 2 times, each. :-/

TLCstormz

Enemy Of The State

All nodes / missions
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Today I kept meticulous track of my scoring, and have definite proof of the bug. My first node today was the Cyclops wave essential. I completed it and my point total was 45245. I then completed the 'normal' Cyclops essential, and my new total was 44362!!! How do I LOSE points on a node that was supposedly worth 858 points??!?

I opened a support ticket, complete with screenshots. They'd better not just say 'tough! Live with it!' This is a terrible bug and needs to be fixed!!!
  • This has happened to me at least two, possibly three, times during the game event, lost count now. icon_e_sad.gif
    The latest one, on "The X-Mansion - The Animal Inside" level 30 minutes ago. Cleared 3 Waves, got taken down midway through the fourth and final Wave, received over 1,700 points which pushed me past the 12,000 threshold on the main game, and it gave me my 250 Iso-8 reward! icon_e_wink.gif
    That put me at 13,400 and something, wasn't paying that close attention, cos I wasn't expecting to get screwed again!
    Then when I came out to the main screen the game said I was at 11,651 and showed me the next reward at 12,000 was the 250 Iso -8 that I had just received.
    Great game, can't even do simple arithmetic! Lol.
    Come to think of it, the last few times it's happened, it's always been on the multi-wave sub levels. icon_e_sad.gif
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    This has been happening to me off and on for a long time, not just this event. The best ones are when it happens when I'm about to cross a progression reward line and know it -- it will actually count up past the 30,000 or whatever mark, check off the reward, then bounce out to the main screen and I don't actually get said reward. Checking points in main, I'm still short 600 or whatever the gap was. Makes it really obvious ..
  • - Krem
    - Enemy Of The State
    - All survival nodes miscalculate / missing points

finished black hole and got +2094 points, total progress bar said 44782 but main event score 43122
  • KidCharlemagne
    KidCharlemagne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I thought this was occurring to me too. It looked like I was losing points and had the same results as all the screenshots posted. So the last time I did a survival wave I wrote down my event total before starting. What's happening is that the battle over screen is giving the incorrect total for the overall event score. It looks like the score that it starts counting from is the total you would have after the second to the last wave.

Here's what I found:
    Score before survival wave: 73,000
    3 waves - 1500 points, 500 points per wave
    Battle over beginning score: 74,000
    End score: 75,500
    Actual end score: 74,500

It appears that the the game is tallying the score after each wave and the end screen starts with the score before the last wave. The end score is inflated due to double counting the first through penultimate wave.

So if you're not checking your score before starting the fight, looking at the battle end screen and the points in the event it makes it look like you're losing points, but you're not. The end score calculation is bugged.

Write down your score before starting survival waves and check it out.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Nope. It has happened on single battle nodes. I have alliance mates who have receivd zero for any of the nodes. There is a problem here. I am always close or in the lead, and now I am over 20k behind
  • This bug has been happening over several events for me. The latest occurrence:

- Player name: Mr Zico
    - Event name: Enemy of the State
    - Time of mission completion: approximately 21:50 (UK time - GMT)
    - Name of mission: Hand Fortress - Bring Down the Hand

The mission completion screen showed my overall event score reach 116,001 points. However the main event leaderboard is only showing me at 114,435 points.
  • Demiurge_Kevin
    Demiurge_Kevin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Hi all,

We've been spending a lot of time digging into your reports; thanks for all the info and screenshots.

Kid Charlemagne might have figured it out; the tally screen is showing a starting score that already includes points from some of the waves you have completed, and then we add points from all the waves again. That's just what we're showing in that screen, though; behind the scenes, the score is actually correct, and we haven't double-credited you for some of those waves. So the game is telling you that you have more points than you really do, and when you go back to the map screen, you see the proper amount of points. That's our best guess for what's happening. We're adding some checks to make sure that when we tally up your score after a fight, we're showing the proper starting score. This fix will require an update, though; it's not something that we can patch from the server. Until that comes, this will still be really confusing.

For those of you contributing info to this thread, can you also note your score before the fight?

Thanks for all the help in figuring out what's going on.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Hi all,

We've been spending a lot of time digging into your reports; thanks for all the info and screenshots.

Kid Charlemagne might have figured it out; the tally screen is showing a starting score that already includes points from some of the waves you have completed, and then we add points from all the waves again. That's just what we're showing in that screen, though; behind the scenes, the score is actually correct, and we haven't double-credited you for some of those waves. So the game is telling you that you have more points than you really do, and when you go back to the map screen, you see the proper amount of points. That's our best guess for what's happening. We're adding some checks to make sure that when we tally up your score after a fight, we're showing the proper starting score. This fix will require an update, though; it's not something that we can patch from the server. Until that comes, this will still be really confusing.

For those of you contributing info to this thread, can you also note your score before the fight?

Thanks for all the help in figuring out what's going on.

I'm the one who's been taking the screenshots in this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24319 (which may as well be merged with this one, I think) and this appears consistent.

The score in the my second screenshot was 31546. My third screen shot shows +1290 for a total of 33674 (rather than the 32836 one would expect) and the 4th shows the same 32836.
  • Azoic
    That migh be true in some cases, but definitely not everytime. You know the score wasnt added when the next reward you were going to earn doesnt pop up.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Yeah, that's not EVERY time.

For instance, I had the Hawkeye award / goal pop up at least three times, showing that not only was I not getting my points, I was not getting them repeatedly. lol

Anyways......for those that put in a support ticket......Did y'all get that enormous data questionnaire????? I don't even know where to begin with that thing.

:+/
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:

Anyways......for those that put in a support ticket......Did y'all get that enormous data questionnaire????? I don't even know where to begin with that thing.

:+/
    Yup. 10 impossible questions. I couldn't answer any of them. I think they hope we'll see the questions and give up. But I want ANSWERS!! And I had this happen to me in Prodigal Son, on a non 'wave' node. It's ridiculous that you earn the points, and then have to do two MORE node just to get them back!!
  • Azoic
    Yah, 10 specific questions for something that started FOUR days before. Sure I remember all that! And now I haven't had a response in 3 days since my reply. We'll see how this goes...