Demuirge bought by sega

Options

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    so Sega bought demuirge but not D3...and I'm not entirely sure what this means for MPQ.

Hi,

We're very happy for Demiurge and send out big congrats to them! As for what this means for MPQ - nothing changes. D3 is the publisher and it's business as usual. We have a great relationship with Demiurge and we expect that to only improve going forward.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Houtro wrote:
    A 5* Sonic icon_e_biggrin.gif

As a long-time gamer, I'm enjoying the Power Stone and Sonic speculation. icon_e_biggrin.gif Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Hate to squash the party atmosphere, but these kinds of cross-overs are extremely unlikely. For example, Disney owns Marvel, but you haven't seen Mickey Mouse in MPQ - and you wouldn't want to hold your breath for that type of cross-pollination.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Houtro wrote:

As a long-time gamer, I'm enjoying the Power Stone and Sonic speculation. icon_e_biggrin.gif Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Hate to squash the party atmosphere, but these kinds of cross-overs are extremely unlikely. For example, Disney owns Marvel, but you haven't seen Mickey Mouse in MPQ - and you wouldn't want to hold your breath for that type of cross-pollination.

Since they bought the game engine, we Sonic Puzzle Dash is on its way icon_e_smile.gif (with exxxtra fast shield hopping experience)
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Houtro wrote:

... Kingdom Hearts Puzzle Quest?!!!

That would be amazing.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Houtro wrote:

Disney owns Marvel
    Disney owns Star Wars
    Marvel publishes Star Wars comics

Where the tinykitty is 4* Lando?! (Interrobang)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,033 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The acquisition hasn't affected the development of Marvel Puzzle Quest. The same folks are still working on the game. Getting to be a part of Sega Networks just means that there are more smart people that we get to learn from and bounce ideas off - meeting those folks has been the really exciting part for me, and I expect that exchange of ideas to benefit the game.

There's an interview with Chris Olsen here where he talks about Sega's commitment to MPQ and goes into more detail about the deal:

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/18/sega- ... evelopers/

ummm smart -- hope your not talking about the same people who thought the Dreamcast was a good idea icon_e_smile.gif
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't you dare insult the Dreamcast, son. Best console I ever owned.

(Okay, second-best. After the SNES.)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,033 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:

might been thinking 32X it was one of those add on thingies
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Trisul wrote:

might been thinking 32X it was one of those add on thingies

You're thinking of the 32X - it was an add-on for the Sega Genesis, like Sega CD.

The Dremcast was a Sega console - the first console to feature online play. Way ahead of it's time.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Houtro wrote:

4* Mickey Mouse confirmed!
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Does this mean we can look forward to SeGa being feature in MPQ now?

I mean, look at this guy;

616878-sega_chris_bachalo01.jpg
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    The Dremcast was a Sega console - the first console to feature online play. Way ahead of it's time.
    Not *quite*. The SNES and Genesis had the X-Band. I spent hundreds of hours of my life playing Killer Instinct, MK2, SSF2, Kirby's Avalanche, Doom, and Mario Kart online. It was a closed network, sure, but no different than a really large BBS.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Not *quite*. The SNES and Genesis had the X-Band. I spent hundreds of hours of my life playing Killer Instinct, MK2, SSF2, Kirby's Avalanche, Doom, and Mario Kart online. It was a closed network, sure, but no different than a really large BBS.

That was a third-party add-on. Hardly a feature! icon_razz.gif

However, I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about this! I don't want all those hours of Killer Instincts back, because it was AWESOME!

All this remembering just takes me back to the good ole days of Sega Channel and such awesome things. /drool
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    so Sega bought demuirge but not D3...and I'm not entirely sure what this means for MPQ.

Hi,

We're very happy for Demiurge and send out big congrats to them! As for what this means for MPQ - nothing changes. D3 is the publisher and it's business as usual. We have a great relationship with Demiurge and we expect that to only improve going forward.

Wow I hadn't realised that Hi-Fi worked for D3, not for Demiurge. I guess now I have a couple questions for the next Q&A about the division of labour between the two companies.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Houtro wrote:

Well, maybe not that kind of direct cross-pollination, but for example, the Disney-Marvel thing made possible Big Hero 6 and I don't think that seeing Baymax in MPQ is too big of a stretch. That kind of collaboration is not too far-fetched.
  • Just wanna say congrats to Demiurge for becoming part of SEGA Network. icon_e_biggrin.gif

sega-networks-logo.jpg
    demiurge_logo.png

Love this quote too :
    This opportunity to partner with SEGA Networks has come about in no small part from the success of Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    We’re still going to keep making Marvel Puzzle Quest awesome. We’re keeping our office in lovely Cambridge, Massachusetts. The team is staying

Source : http://segabits.com/blog/2015/02/19/dem ... rk-family/
  • Phantasy Star Puzzle Quest Online confirmed.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phantasy Star Puzzle Quest Online confirmed.
    I would pretty literally kill* for this. Assuming the batteries survived, my multiple 1000 hour+ characters in Dreamcast PSO would attest to the fact that I like Phantasy Star just a little.

*Not a human. Maybe a rat or something.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Always a Sega fan. My genesis was the best. Anyone remember the Sega channel? Dreamcast was great but no anti piracy measures killed it
  • I dont think anything will change
  • Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phantasy Star Puzzle Quest Online confirmed.

Feed covers to a Mag to customize it. This will sell like hotcakes.