If you like the new DDQ, support the devs. Buy some HP.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I played through DDQ when I got home from work today. (TIP: Use abilities to end survival waves, so you have a turn to deal with incoming enemies before they alpha-strike you with all the built-up AP!) As soon as I was done, I dropped $20 on some HP. I didn't need it, particularly, but I feel they've earned it.

That's it. Nothing insightful, just a PSA to support the people who make stuff you like. Whether that's $100, $2, or "dude hey the new content in MPQ is awesome, you should totally come back."

Comments

• ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Whether you spend hard cash or not, I'm sure that the devs have noticed with all the positive feedback all over this front page. Just keep adding to it if you can't afford to cash out anything. I'm a f2p guy, so I try not to spend too much money. But this mode is awesome, so props guys!
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish iso was cheaper. I'd totally buy it if the cash-to-time ratio wasn't so bad.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    I wish iso was cheaper. I'd totally buy it if the cash-to-time ratio wasn't so bad.

I said this a few days ago, but yeah, this pretty much sums it up. I want to support MPQ, but I don't feel like I'm really getting my money's worth by buying ISO-8 and I'm not at a point where I need Hero Points.

Put it this way; I love Red Lobster, but I don't eat there all the time because I can't afford to. Buying stuff in MPQ is expensive, and as much as I love the game, I don't need to drop money on it to play it, so there's little incentive for me to drop $20 on MPQ, when I could just as easily drop that $20 on delicious Red Lobster and a nice dinner with my girlfriend and her daughter.

[EDIT]: This is not to say I am discouraging folks to spend money on MPQ, because I'm not at all. There are plenty of reasons to buy Hero Points especially, just because Hero Points are Hero Points - shielding, covers, etc - but for me, there's little need to do so. I'm nearing 2k Hero Points and 50k ISO-8. I don't shield. I don't have any covers that are worth buying at this time. I don't have anyone to level up. So yeah.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I stopped buying HP after Seasons were introduced. I'm also in a position where I don't really need to buy HP anymore either - I could use a few extra roster slots, but I'm fairly happy with the rate at which I am acquiring covers. That said, I will be making a purchase of HP in the very near future as a direct result of this addition. In bold to make it really clear for Hi-Fi and IceIX when they're gather feedback for DDQ.

This is a fantastic addition. It's both fun & challenging in just the right balance, plus getting a reward is so much better than getting a chance at a reward.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Trisul wrote:

I said this a few days ago, but yeah, this pretty much sums it up. I want to support MPQ, but I don't feel like I'm really getting my money's worth by buying ISO-8 and I'm not at a point where I need Hero Points.

I totally understand this. I'm also at the point where I really don't need anything. And I'm certainly not going to drop $10 on a single Cyclops cover just because I like the character, much less spend $100 to max him. Plus, if I did that, why would I bother playing the game?

So here's what I do: When a surprisingly great update comes along I buy just $2 -$5 worth of HP, which is about the same amount I give to Wikipedia and NPR each month. I know that I don't have to spend money because some whale is outspending me 1000x, but it still feels good to help support something that I don't want to disappear tomorrow. It's the only way to avoid MPQ buyer's remorse, as far as I'm concerned.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat - the new Deadpool content is great, but the "bang for the buck" value on the micros is pretty bad. I'd love to see some persistent content we could buy - how about $4.99 for a permanent upgrade (Base R&D) that spits out a small amount of ISO (and sometimes, HP or a random token or boost) every 12 hours?

Even so, I will very likely buy at least the cheapest HP cache shortly, as that's the best way to express support that will extend beyond just the devs' attention, and potentially resonate with the producers/higher-ups/etc.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I make it a rule to buy $20 worth whenever it goes on sale.

Based on all the improvements of late I think I'll make it $50 this time, but I'm still waiting for the next sale.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    brisashi wrote:
    but I'm still waiting for the next sale.
    and it needs to be 50% or better, none of this 30% nonsense. If D3 ran their legendary Valentine's Day sale today (50% bonus) I'd have purchased. They're missing out big here, strike while the iron is hot.
  • My mate just sent me a HP sale picture available to him but not me. He is a free to play guy and is joining the dark side now lol, I read that they offer it to different individuals if they haven't bought before, is this the case?
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    My mate just sent me a HP sale picture available to him but not me. He is a free to play guy and is joining the dark side now lol, I read that they offer it to different individuals if they haven't bought before, is this the case?

I'm not sure about it being different individually, but I do not that different regions and different platforms get different sales sometimes.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    I love this game, I've boughten covers I've spent around $250 .. There's support
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    Good job Dev, but I will buy HP, when you offer a good deal, like 40-50%, then I might put the $$$, might.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I support this. I haven't had to buy HP for roster slots since the anniversary week, and at this rate I doubt I'll ever need to again in order to keep up with roster additions, but the new mode makes me want to (a) reward the devs; and (b) buy a roster spot to use on another 1* character so I can do something a bit more involved with the daily 1* node than Headbutt Headbutt Headbutt.
  • hexad_2808 wrote:
    My mate just sent me a HP sale picture available to him but not me. He is a free to play guy and is joining the dark side now lol, I read that they offer it to different individuals if they haven't bought before, is this the case?

I'm not sure about it being different individually, but I do not that different regions and different platforms get different sales sometimes.

We are both in Australia tho.. oh well. happy to wait icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i put 20 bucks into this game on the last sale. I would be more then happy to put more cash into the game if they

A. had another sale
    B. added more stuff to the game (deadpool is a start but look how long it took them to add something over a year)
    C drop the prices of covers (what will never happen - people who paid full price would throw a fit)
    D. Give us more insite where the game is heading in the next 3.6.12 months

there is another game i like my cousins play starts with a W and 3 numbers 101. that i pay 59.99 a year to play it (or 5 bucks a month) I be more then happy to put 60 bucks a year into this game or more.

still thinking about pushing 100 bucks into the game and maxxing out a x force just to do it but if they start flooding the market with 4 stars it would be a waste.

i got 20 bucks right here D3 say i can buy 10 slots for 20 bucks and you can have it icon_e_smile.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    ..............was the OP being sarcastic? I mean, I assume not, but ONLY because everyone else who posted did not make fun of him / ask him how long he has worked for D3.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know, it could just be because they made a really nice improvement to the game and we as customers should reward and encourage behavior that we like. It could also be that we're not always 100% bitter, cynical douchebags. You know...could be.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    The best feedback is finical feedback in the business world.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    You know, it could just be because they made a really nice improvement to the game and we as customers should reward and encourage behavior that we like. It could also be that we're not always 100% bitter, cynical tiny kittens. You know...could be.

Just who are you addressing?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why, you, my good wo/man! I suppose I could have quoted, but seeing as it was the previous post I thought it unnecessary.