How diverse is your roster - Iso8 edition

Options
GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Realized as the topic came up again recently that I've definitely still benefited this PvE from having a spread of characters, at least in terms of resources. I've only had to use one boost and only bought one health pack (needed Deadpool to finish a set) the entire event.

Here's the list of characters I've used thus far:
XForce, Panther, GSBW, Blade, LCap, Marvel, Daken, Daredevil, Deadpool, Falcon, Hood, Loki, cMagneto, Mystique, Spider-Man, Thor, Patch, OBW, mMags. So 19 in total (technically 20 since I have 2 OBWs). There's a few others (Grocket, Cage, Colossus, 4Thor) that I would've considered but they're not leveled enough to be usable.

My roster's at 51 right now, so that's using 39% of it. Granted, in that list I likely used XForce 75-80% of the time (patch-dd-hood or blade-daken-falcon the rest), but that screams to me until the point where it's just XThorce through everything, there's still (marginal) benefit to having a bunch of characters.

What'd everyone else use to get through?

Edit: Since everyone else split them, in rough order of frequency:

Essential teams: XF-DP-OBW (goons); XF-DP-Loki (non-goons); XF-DP-Mags/Cap (extra damage, non-goons)

Non-Essentials A characters:
XF, DP, LCap, Loki, OBW, cMags

Non-Essential B:
Blade, Falcon, Daken, mMags, Mystique, Hood

Non-Essential C:
Panther, Daredevil, Patch, Thor, GSBW, Marvel, Spidey

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    People I used a lot:
    X-Force, Patch, Lazy Daken, Deadpool, Rocket & Groot, Hulk, Falcon - 7 total.

People I Used a little:
    Psylocke, 2* Thor, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Magneto, Hood, Devil Dinosaur, Black Panther, Lazy Captain America, Lazy Thor, Blade, Doctor Doom, Gamora, Luke Cage (I'm not 100% sure I used all of these but I think I did) - 14 total

I've got one of each (so 62 total including Cyclops) so I used about 10% a lot, and 20% or so a little. Admittedly, the 7 one-stars are only used for tanking, except for the occasional specialty PVP. Pretty typical for a PVE I'm trying in.

Edited because I apparently don't know how to count.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    People I've used a lot:
    LDaken, LThor, Falcon, LCap, Grocket, Punisher, Hulk, Spiderman, Deadpool (for every essential)

People I've used a bit:
    Sentry, Patch, OBW, Thor, IM 40, Psylocke

Whilst my X-Force is at 152, I find him much less effective than the 3*s I have at 140 (all above, except Punisher at 150 and IM at... 166... Don't ask...), probably because I only have 1 green cover (1-3-4). If I had finished levelling more characters upto 140 area, like say Gamora or Blade, I just don't have the Iso to level them currently (Patch is the most recent character I'm levelling). Total of 51 in the roster, only 1 1*, and all 3* and 4* present in some form or other.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in the "late transition" (which always sounds to me like we're talking about gender reassignment), with lots of usable 3* but only a handful that are optimal, and none of them max level. My 3* Thor is practically identical to a buffed 2* Thor, and being able to switch between them saved me on health packs. I went Thor, OBW, Hood on every node except the essentials. Then Hood showed up as an enemy and I was forced to find someone else (I went with Black Panther). Two Thors, OBW, Hood, BP, Deadpool: six characters total out of a roster of 41, so about 15%.
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    As a transitioner, here's the plethora of characters I used:

95% of the time - MNMags, C. Storm, M. Hawkeye
    The other 5% - DP (when essential), 2* Thor, OBW, Ms. Marvel

That's it.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In terms of usage for this last PvE,

A-team:

4*: Xforce, 4hor
    3*: Blade, Daken, Falcon, GSBW, Loki, Magneto, (DP for essentials)
    (2 + 7) = 9

B-team:

3*: IM40, Punisher, Hood, CapAM, Mystique, Luke Cage, Doc Oc, (Spider-Man for easy essentials)
    2*: OBW, Magneto
    (8 + 2) = 10

C-teams thrown at the infuriating 200+ hood nodes when everyone else was dead (with 30-50% success rate)

4*: Elektra (only level 112 and 4/2/4 but she and DD are decent with Patch)
    3*: Black Panther, Daredevil, Human Torch, Sentry, Psylocke, Patch, Hulk, Rocket and Groot
    (1 + 9) = 10

28 characters total (3x 4*, 23x 3*, 2x 2*).

I tried Invis Woman a few times but ended up with terrible boards. Didn't try LThor or Nick Fury b/c I figured he was too slow for the Hood. Doom would probably see usage if mine was leveled and I had 5 purple covers.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a diverse roster, but not a well covered or playable 3* roster.

I've been playing this whole event with maxed 2* Thor, maxed 2* OBW, and my 0/0/3 level 63 DP. The buff helps a lot. I've used MNMags and CStorm, but they got wiped pretty quickly in the overpowered Doom, minion minion node.

These 3 have lasted through almost an entire refresh of both nodes with the 5 health packs. I usually stumble on the IV node of the Hard sub, and wait for a refresh of Health packs to try again, I've cleared about 75% of the IV nodes on hard subs. I don't even attempt the nodes once they've turned from Normal to Hard. I get frustration from wiping repeatedly from trying to use undercovered non-buffed 3*'s. It's more fun for me to skip them and grind down the ones I can.

I have 36 roster spots, so I'm using 14% of my roster. I don't know what the percentage is of my playable roster... my roster is in my sig.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This PVE I did not use as much of my roster as usual. There was a new refresh timer, so I decided to test out the maximum output my roster could do with the change.

This PVE I used: 4or, Fury, X-Force, Colossus, Laken, Cage, Grocket, Hulk, LT, Patch, Psylocket, Blade, L Cap, DP, Doom, C Mags, MQ, GSBW, 3* Marvel, DD, Loki, Shulkie, Mo Storm, Hood, Gamora, Spidey, IM40, OBW, 2* Marvel, M Hawkeye, MMN, C Storm, and 2* Thor.

Actually, after writing the list, this pretty close to how many I use on a typical PVE.

I have 68 slots with 2 OBW's, 1 pet patch (can't afford to give him or many others iso), 2 OBW TUP's, 1 MBW TUP, 2 MMN TUP's, and 1 DP dupe since he was for the essential nodes this PVE. So in reality, I have 60 what I would call usuable characters (although I do use the TUP's as characters in a pinch). 33 of 60 = 55% of roster used.

For Goons I will use X-Force/Hood/C Mags; Shulkie or C Mags/Mo Storm/Gsbw; IM40/L Cap/Various; and against easy goons this PVE either Blade/Patch/Laken or OBW/2* Marvel/2* Thor.

Against Doom with feeders, I usually use Hulk/LT/X-Force.

Against Hood, Loki or OBW/Various/Various

On one of the harder nodes, at the advice of my alliance mates (Locked and Norgard maybe), I tried Patch/DD/Hood and that was pretty awesome.

Well, this is not a team comp thread, so I'll stop.

P.S. R71 cannot get here fast enough. I cannot wait to use team tank more: LT/Colossus/Grocket.
  • Goon nodes
    Essential - DP/MNMags/Mystique
    Non-Essential - XF/MNMags/Mystique or Daken/Blade/Falcon

Non-Goons
    Essentials - DP/LCap/BP or DP/Patch/Loki
    Non-Essentials - Sentry/Blade/Torch or Patch/LCap/BP or Patch/Daken/Loki or Sentry/Torch/Doom

So 9 teams with 14 characters (out of 50) got use for me in this tourney (so far). I was only hitting the nodes 1 time, so didn't need to get too much into depth for this event. If I have to grind a little more in the next 7 hours to hang onto top50, I may add a few more to the list.
  • I did find myself sticking to the same few teams, but I don't grind too hard.

Essential:
    DP/TDaken/AWolv (grind team)
    DP/AWolv/Blade (vs daken)
    DP/OBW/Thor (deny RGY team)
    DP/MNMags/Mystique (beat this node tiny kitty it!)

Goons:
    TCap/OBW/MoStorm

Other:
    Wolv/Daken/Blade (sustain)
    MNMags/Storm (my team is downed for 10 mins team)
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For this last PvE:

Hard sub I usually use XF/GT with Hood or Loki (finally started leveling my 4*s).

Easy sub I stick with boosted 2* Thor, OBW, and BP.

Occasionally I play Falcon/Daken/Blade, but I definitely don't do it out of necessity.
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm holding on to top 10 currently.
    I've pretty much sued the same 7-8 characters 95% of the time:
    Only Deadpool is not max level (he's Level 125 5 2 3, but boosted in this event so not so bad)

Essential Nodes:
    Deadpool, Lazy Cap, Falcon (goons)
    Deadpool, Lazy Cap, Hood (non-goons)

Tough Non-Essential Nodes
    Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, Hood
    Lazy Cap, Blade, Hood

Easy Non-Essential Nodes:
    Patch, Blade, OBW
    Patch, Blade, Psylocke (for quick low cost powers)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Against low level nodes I've used mostly OBW/2* Wolverine/Blade. Occasionally went with Storm/Magneto/Hawkeye.
    Essential Goon nodes were DP (fully covered @ 142) /Patch (maxed)/Falcon (fully covered @142)
    Essential regular nodes usually DP/Patch/Hood (maxed) or DP/Patch/Spiderman (fully covered @147)
    When facing Hood I used X-Force (5/4/2 @ 166)/cMags (maxed)/OBW
    Non-Essential Goon nodes Patch/3* Captain America (maxed)/Falcon
    Big Ares/Rags/Moonstone type nodes usually Patch/3* Captain America and either Spiderman or Hood
    And of course I've had to use 2* Thor and Psylocke in the opening node

So that looks like a total of 16 characters used out of a roster of 58. Interestingly, that means that a bunch of my maxed 3*'s haven't really played this one: Panther, Torch, Sentry, Hulk, Punisher and Thor. But that has left them very available for the Magnetic Mayhem
  • Use:

4Thor, Loki, Hood, Patch

A little:
    LCAP

Everyone else, nope. 45 Roster slots

Complete Gauntlet, avg 700-900 pvp
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    90% of the time, blade/daken/falcon and XF/GT/Deadpool or Hood
    At one point or another used Magstique with Cage, Patch/Hulk, Fury, BP, LT, Pun, Loki
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    60 on roster - used X-force/DP/OBW almost all the time. Some 2* Thor/Marvel on tougher "easy" nodes, some 2* Wolvy/Daken/Hawkeye on trival nodes, occasional 3* Spidey/Thor/Patch/Daken/Blade (about 80% covers for them). I think I skipped Falcon (fully covered) this time so probably only 13 of 60....

I'm one of those that bumped 5/5/1 X-force to max (233) and have no other characters past 140. So my scaling went bizarre and I'm pretty much forced into using X-force in every single mission. Diversity!
  • Essential: Deadpool, Hood, X-Force
    Non-Essential: Blade, LDaken, Patch

Subbed in Black Panther for Hood if Hood was on the enemy team.

I think the most health packs I used on any clear (including grinding down 3-4x per goon node) was 2.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2015
    Options
    89 on Roster although recently sold 6 so down to 83.

Used a Lot

Deadpool (out of necessity - wouldn't be my go to)
    OBW x 2
    Patch
    Ldaken
    Blade
    Lcap

Used Ocassionally

2* Thor
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Hood
    Spidey/ Falcon - always together with Patch.

Would of probably used lthor more except I use him for PvP so no point injuring him.
  • I, too, used X-Force / Hood / Deadpool for the essential and most of the harder nodes (switching Hood out for Daken or Magneto when Hood was on the enemy team).
    The one of two really tough nodes each sub were "X-Thor bombed".
    For the easy ones I just had fun and used about everyone who struck my fancy. I have every character there is, even the useless ones, so I enjoyed myself in 1* and 2* land.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'm one of those that bumped 5/5/1 X-force to max (233) and have no other characters past 140. So my scaling went bizarre and I'm pretty much forced into using X-force in every single mission. Diversity!

I'm curious what your scaling was like. How high were the levels of the toughest enemies in the Hard sub?
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    I love the 3* game. LOVE IT. I've maxed a few characters and leveled others enough to play. And I enjoy trying combinations, especially when PvE might make one or two characters unavailable for nodes.

The characters I use most often:

Classic Magneto, Daken, Falcon, Hood, Hulk, Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, Patch

The characters I remind myself to use:

Black Panther, Mohawk Storm, Psylocke, Punisher, Spider-Man

The characters I find myself experimenting with:

Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Mystique

The characters I'd experiment with if I had more ISO:

Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Loki, Rocket & Groot