Survival nodes in Deadpool's Daily Quest

Options
Unknown
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I had a whale of a time with Blade / Daken / Torch when survival nodes first came out.
I found it the most effective in clearing those pesky ninjas over multiple rounds due to epic burning by Torch, AP steal and attack tiles by Blade, and multiple strike tiles by Daken and Blade.

Now with Deadpool's Daily Quest (DDQ) they're gonna re-use the survival nodes. What do ya'll think is the best combination for it?

icon_e_ugeek.gif

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So it is definitely an essential with 2 choices, right? I thought you had to have a certain character to even play the survival node. If so, my vote is cap/falcon most of the time and hope the 3rd is a decent damage dealer. Both play well in a long game for sustained offense and defense.

Pro tip, always down the last guy before a new wave with an ability because they get the next turn when they show up if you batch to down them and who knows what ability they will use with that stored ap. If not for this fact, my vote would've been blade over cap but attack tiles only trigger after a match.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had great time with Falcon/Spiderman/Punisher - drop one Punisher green and one or two purple matches, followed by endlessly matched yellow, and you're soon dealing 1k+ from match damage alone and absorbing the first 600+ damage due to protect tiles.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fond of 3*Cap in survival as well. Nothing beats having a heap of blue and red and just hucking shield after shield out there. Daredevil ain't bad, either, especially if you get more than a couple of them trap tiles out. It gets ugly for your opponent pretty quickly when every red match does 2k+. As Orbitalint and Puce Moose mentioned, Falcon is a splendid guy to have along, too.
  • orbitalint wrote:
    So it is definitely an essential with 2 choices, right?
    My understanding was there was going to be an essential node that you had to beat to open up the survival node, not that the survival node itself would have a required character.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had a fair amount of success with 3* Cap, Mohawk, and Rocket & Groot. Cap provided the damage output, CD tiles overwrite, plus protect tiles. Mohawk's Hailstorm was useful for overwriting ninja trap tiles. Her green was useful for getting Cap started, and her green and yellow were handy for shaking up the board. R&G provided a solid wall to take hits, an alternative outlet for green, and some beefy strike tiles to supplement Hailstorm's attack tiles. Oftentimes, I could just sit there and not do very much while the entire board full of attack tiles just downed enemy after enemy.
  • I have said this before and I'll say it again, no one does a better job at ap stealing, healing and dealing with goons than obw. By far she is a must have when doing survival mode. Last time I ran x force for nukes cmags for protection and nukes and obw for healing ap steal and increasing timers.

Another good team that I used was grocket for tanking hits daken, and blade so many strike tiles that you'll be slicing goons like a hot knife trough butter.
    Also used looki, patch and obw insane damage.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As mentioned above, it will probably be an essential + 2, but I had really good luck in the first round of survival by going 3* Thor, Black Panther, and Deadpool. My goal was to use the first wave to build up enough green, purple, and/or black, and then use the appropriate abilities to clear entire waves as soon as they showed up. Thus, I think 2/3 of those would work pretty well. BP also helped with the yellow strike tiles, since those hang around from wave to wave.
  • L.Thor, Blade, Daken is a pretty solid long distance team. Use Yellow to make green to make strike tiles then set up some Keep Your Enemies Closer and throw out some AP steals with Blade. Finally throw a CtS to kill a few dudes and then keep cycling blue for Chemical Reaction while Blade rebuilds the Strike Tiles for Daken to eat. Blade/Daken almost makes me wish for a 5/3/5 Daken. Almost.
  • So many combos! But i still like Daken-Blade best! They're a match made in heaven. <3
  • bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    Options
    You are missing perhaps the most dangerous couple in the game - mnmags/mystique. With 5purple mags and 5blue Mystique they simply tear appart whoever appears in their path. They are my main pve team for overpowered enemies. B team is patch/blade and loki or falcon. For goon only nodes lcap/im40 (i keep him at 1yellow just for feeding lcap's red)/obw make it a walk in the park.
  • MQ/MNM/BP is pretty good. Essentially just grab purple, start the purple->blue->black&purple combo, and watch your BP Rage for days.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Cap and 1 or 2 yellow im40 was my top team for these in pve - they become absurd in a longer match.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Necessity forced me to use 3* Cap / Hulk / OBW, and I had very few problems - aside from misjudging when Wolverine or Gorgon would appear and eating an Adamantium / Debilitating Slash due to stored red AP. But in fairness, I was stockpiling red AP myself and throwing 3/4 shields per turn...
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would say that for survival nodes you generally need following:

Health - either having pretty tanky characters (big health like in example Hulk) or rather quick team healer (example OBW) or set of true healers (Daken, Patch, Xforce)
    AOE damage dealer - great thing to wipe out follow up waves (gather AP during 1st wave, bombard the other)
    Countdown handling - either having solid board shake up abilities (again Hulk, XForce, CMags) or directly impacting CD tiles (OBW)

I honestly had best results by using Hulk, Thor and OBW, but I am aware that their rainbow is not perfect as you have 2 passive black skills and Hulk and Thor have both pretty **** red.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    But in fairness, I was stockpiling red AP myself and throwing 3/4 shields per turn...

not sure I understand, but you can stockpile max 30 AP per color, meaning you can throw 2 red shields per one turn (ok, 3 in case after 1st throw you use obw recon to get additional red) returning AP after 3 turns. LCAPs red costs 11 AP. Or did you speak of blue shields as well?
  • One of my favorites was Lazy Daken/Falcon/Blade. Daken would drop strike tiles, Blade would drop strike and attack tiles (and steal AP), Falcon would keep making them more effective, and before long the attack tiles alone would be doing 2000 or so damage per turn.

Someone else to use, especially if the nodes are goon heavy is - and I'm serious here - Doc Ock in place of Blade. If you're going to be matching a lot of enemy CD tiles, Doc Ock's attack tiles can be very, very effective, and he gives you a green outlet (with the other team, you're collecting but never using it).
  • Patch/Blade/LCap was my favorite. Had a few survival modes where every match 3 was a 1-hit kill because of how powerful the attack tiles were and the sheer number of strike tiles.
  • Survival nodes work best with heroes who leave something on the board generally speaking. So from that point of view Laken, Blade, Luke Cage, Spidey, C.Mags, Falcon, 4Thor etc are all great in survival nodes.

If it's primarily goons i'll probably use Laken, Blade, Falcon like I did last time. You get insane strikes going, massive attack tile damage from Blade's purple and Blade's black is great for slowing goon AP generation with Falcon removing what's fired off with redwing.

If it's more hero heavy might have to go for the boring route and use 4Thor (charge tiles are insane in survival) with Luke Cage to mitigate match damage and maybe Falcon or Loki.

Or maybe if there's nothing placing CDs or specials on red i'll even let Elektra have a play... seems unlikely though.

Generally speaking though, if you have a decent 3* Cap then you can win survival anyway. Once he gets going the protects and damage from his shield returning abilities are off the scale.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    One of my favorites was Lazy Daken/Falcon/Blade. Daken would drop strike tiles, Blade would drop strike and attack tiles (and steal AP), Falcon would keep making them more effective, and before long the attack tiles alone would be doing 2000 or so damage per turn.

Someone else to use, especially if the nodes are goon heavy is - and I'm serious here - Doc Ock in place of Blade. If you're going to be matching a lot of enemy CD tiles, Doc Ock's attack tiles can be very, very effective, and he gives you a green outlet (with the other team, you're collecting but never using it).

Collecting high-level Ares TU's from PvE is a great outlet for the green with this team. My biggest lament with Daken/Falcon/Blade is the lack of a yellow outlet.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    patch and OBW for double hits, patch /DD to negate some of the enemy stirke tiles, or BP/ Patch to team wipe or more strike tiles