An open letter to Demiurge (The 3-Star Deadlock)

Options
13»

Comments

• Interesting discussion (normally this kind of thing degenerates into a "it's too hard to get to the top/no it isn't you dummy" series of rants).

I have 3 x max 166 guys, Patch, Hood and Thor. Only had them a couple of weeks but have still found myself smacked around in PvP past 600 points. According to some of the posts in here, I might actually have a crack at the top in Cage Match, as I have a fully levelled Patch for the featured character (whereas my Mags and Mystique etc have been low level). Will be interesting to see the results.
  • The PvP progression awards are out of whack across the board, really. I can't imagine that anyone who can reach 2300-2400 in the simulator badly needs 3* covers. 1000 scorers in regular events are already maxed or close to maxed with the 4* characters anyway. If the 3* - 4* transition is supposed to be a real thing, they need to make it possible to get at least one 4* cover with a reasonable but not overwhelming amount of effort.

To me, the obvious solution is to shift 3*/4* rewards down a couple progression tiers and put at the top of the progression something like a nice-sized HP bomb, say 200-250 HP.
  • While an HP bomb would be nice--always better to get cash to spend rather than someone else's idea of the perfect gift!--it would need to be more than 250 ... I mean, that's just over $2 worth, and would only cover a very modest shield budget, much less enable buying anything. A larger amount ... say, 1000, would enable buying a 3* cover of choice, multiple wins a 4* cover.

It could lead to a rich getting richer situation ... but pretty much everything does!

I'm just starting the 2* -> 3* transition, so I don't usually blow a ton on shields. Since the 1000 scorers would be getting the 4* cover anyway, my thought was to try to use that top progression award to neutralize most of the cost of getting there. Basically, your reward for climbing to the top of the mountain is that it becomes, for lack of a better phrase, cost neutral or close to it. If you want to continue climbing for rank/season score/ego/whatever, that's on your dime.