2»

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Fievel wrote:
    Damage boosts against Hood are fine, but I've always viewed AP Boosts are pointless, since you're just giving him something to steal right off the bat. At least make him work for it by taking hits while you collect.
    AP boosts make all the sense in the world as long as you're using them smart. You want to take out Hood quickly. If you have X-Force, boost +3 green/black, match green twice and take out Hood on turn 3. Unless the board is either flooded with green or completely devoid of it you'll be able to take him out quickly without giving him the chance to steal any green AP. Sure, he might steal a bit of black AP but that's of no concern when you can take him out much quicker than if you needed to make 3 green matches.

I was hoping not to have this discussion again, we just had it over here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22670&p=291794#p291794 icon_razz.gif

SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO ADD NEW COMMENTARY SAY HOW YELENA AND BAGMAN ARE GOOD

Um, that points to a Star-Lord discussion.
  • Bow.... -__-
  • OMG.. .that's twice I got beat down right as I was crossing the 1000 threshold.

Only one chance remaining...
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I feel your pain. I hit 999 points, and by the time I finished one more match, I was slammed down to below 900. I'm now sitting at 822, so there's no chance of me getting a Thor cover this round.

Final Score: 656. I have flown too close to the sun.
  • 3rd time. Unshielded with about 10 minutes left. Didn't realize how slow a match vs. loki would take. By the time I came out of the match(which would have landed me around the 1010 range for 2nd placement for the event), I was sub 900. I didn't even bother shielding.

Down to 707 in less than 5 minutes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    got lucky jumping into a late bracket. Joined with 20 mins left ended 3rd 285 pts. One match short cause FIRST WAS 309 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH missed it by one match
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't manage to reach 1000 this time. Need to remember to plan it better next time Thor is up. That will only be what, two weeks until then?
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Fievel wrote:
    Damage boosts against Hood are fine, but I've always viewed AP Boosts are pointless, since you're just giving him something to steal right off the bat. At least make him work for it by taking hits while you collect.
    AP boosts make all the sense in the world as long as you're using them smart. You want to take out Hood quickly. If you have X-Force, boost +3 green/black, match green twice and take out Hood on turn 3. Unless the board is either flooded with green or completely devoid of it you'll be able to take him out quickly without giving him the chance to steal any green AP. Sure, he might steal a bit of black AP but that's of no concern when you can take him out much quicker than if you needed to make 3 green matches.

I was hoping not to have this discussion again, we just had it over here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22670&p=291794#p291794 icon_razz.gif

SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO ADD NEW COMMENTARY SAY HOW YELENA AND BAGMAN ARE GOOD

Um, that points to a Star-Lord discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23057&p=292315#p292315
  • So i will be using my maxed Xforce. Whou would you reccomend as a third to scare most people off? Loki, Hood, Thor? I dont have 4thor, unforunatelly.
  • VonMatterhorn
    VonMatterhorn Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Don't know who else is out there in slice 4, but man it is rough getting to 1k.

At least in my brakcet, the entire top 25 has been shielded since the 9-10 hr mark. alliance mates and I can barely get in 2 matches.
  • Don't know who else is out there in slice 4, but man it is rough getting to 1k.

At least in my brakcet, the entire top 25 has been shielded since the 9-10 hr mark. alliance mates and I can barely get in 2 matches.

I'm in slice 4 as well and yeah it was rough. I started shielding this morning and had to do one match at a time from 900 on to avoid the instant retals. Managed to snag 4hor with a total of 675 hp spent, my first time hitting 1000 points!
  • Um, what time did the slice with #1 franckynight @1136 points end? I thought I had picked a time 2 hours from now, but when I just got home from work it was already over (and with me in #105 spot).
  • This event seems really hard to climb because the presence of Storm renders X Force relatively harmless on defense so you can't even fend off the guys who normally would be intimidated by X Force thanks to Storm wasting your green/black AP.
  • Jim_MatriX_cz
    Options
    ...and special award for most annoying event with most annoying boosted character goes to.... Category-5 and Mohawk...
    I don't know how you feel, but I hate hers Hailstorm icon_evil.gif

any idea for good defence against it?
    and any idea for good defence for this event?
  • ...and special award for most annoying event with most annoying boosted character goes to.... Category-5 and Mohawk...
    I don't know how you feel, but I hate hers Hailstorm icon_evil.gif

any idea for good defence against it?
    and any idea for good defence for this event?

I'm not sure what to tell you - Hailstorm shouldn't be killing you by any means. That generally means you've let the match go on for too long or she's had too many lucky board shake-ups.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    So, once again, the star.pngstar.pngstar.png &. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png progs stay very healthly away fom my grasp, not for any of the usual MMR banannas, or any of the events mentioned above, but for, outside of suffering actual Mortal Death, the stupidest reason ever;

I got called in to work.

Someone lost their lunch on the work floor, and I got the call to swap in for them. Yay.

On a brighter note, apparently the District Manager put me in for Employee of the Month. Must be all that not playing(under threat of termination) MPQ I've been doing lately.

Not getting me any closer to Thoress, though.... icon_neutral.gif