Little tip for lvl 240s

Options
Hello everyone,

I was just wanting to let you all in on something that has been working great for me to beat the level 240s. Now, keep in mind I have *NOT* beaten the one that requires invisible woman (yes, I have her, no, I can't win) but....

The regular one isn't so bad with the hulk. I use a level fifty something hulk. I have red green and black with him but none are maxed. As the two characters I get to choose I use 85 Thor and 85 storm. I have tried 85 wolvie but he just can't take the damage it seems. My Thor is 5/5/3 and storm is 5/4/4. Depending on the board, I don't usually get much more than 1-2k damage on my storm or Thor and hulk usually ranges from 2-7k damage taken. Give it a shot. It's pleasantly surprising. That board control can work wonders when put to good use. I use thors red to power his yellow, obviously, then yellow to power storm's green and her green to power her blue, as I rarely make blue matches on the board since none of the opponents utilize blue powers.

Just thought I would help icon_e_smile.gif. Been in top ten multiple times with this.

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's possible to beat the 240's, even when you're forced to use IW.

Spiderman is usually a key player, keeping the other team in stun lock.
    Having someone with a boost helps. Hulk has won it for me.
    Magneto can often clear the board, with a lot of blue matches, and red when the board is unfavorable. Purple when available.
    I've won them a few times with OBW, but that's more rare.
    Before the nerf, Ragnarok and BWGS could do it.
  • Might have to try Thor and Storm, don't have Spider-Man so I've been using a slightly different strategy.

I start with 66 Hawkeye, 43 Hulk, and 50 Captain America, and use a +3 all, +3 yellow/red, and +3 blue/purple boosts. At the start of the match I go for blue and red, only takes 1-2 matches of each to get Hawkeye's abilities ready. It's important to remember that 1 turn after I fire them, I need to switch to whomever I want his blue countdown to hit. Then his tiles get destroyed and I die horribly.
  • Might have to try Thor and Storm, don't have Spider-Man so I've been using a slightly different strategy.

I start with 66 Hawkeye, 43 Hulk, and 50 Captain America, and use a +3 all, +3 yellow/red, and +3 blue/purple boosts. At the start of the match I go for blue and red, only takes 1-2 matches of each to get Hawkeye's abilities ready. It's important to remember that 1 turn after I fire them, I need to switch to whomever I want his blue countdown to hit. Then his tiles get destroyed and I die horribly.

Join the crowd. I don't have spidermans blue ability, it is my white whale. I have purple and yellow, no blue. Never did get one. I have beaten the IW one twice now and it bumped me up to rank 7. Good luck with Thor and storm. It works very well. For me, anyway
  • Spiderman is an enabler but he's hardly a guaranteed against guys who can randomly do a one turn kill on your guys.

Honestly the 240X3 is more about having board control and denial. Ares is extremely problematic because he covers 3 colors, including one (yellow) that the Dark Avengers didn't cover before. The only color the Dark Avengers don't have is blue, but you need blues for your own stun locks, so that leaves purple as the only safe color to give to the other team and that's only if Moonstone is there (Gravity Warp has priority over Symbiotic Snare assuming they have at least 8 purple).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spiderman is an enabler but he's hardly a guaranteed against guys who can randomly do a one turn kill on your guys.

Honestly the 240X3 is more about having board control and denial. Ares is extremely problematic because he covers 3 colors, including one (yellow) that the Dark Avengers didn't cover before. The only color the Dark Avengers don't have is blue, but you need blues for your own stun locks, so that leaves purple as the only safe color to give to the other team and that's only if Moonstone is there (Gravity Warp has priority over Symbiotic Snare assuming they have at least 8 purple).
    And even gravity warp can smart something fierce, if you don't have a special tile out
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Spiderman is an enabler but he's hardly a guaranteed against guys who can randomly do a one turn kill on your guys.

And even gravity warp can smart something fierce, if you don't have a special tile out

I assume you always have at least one special tile out, otherwise not even purple is safe.
  • Once I got mag blue to 5 I haven't lost a single round when I start with +3 all +3 blue. His blue is just so devastating @5 ap and a bit of thought before making matches. Yet, if it drops below 6 (7+) then the move is crippled and not that great. So I am waiting for the mag changes with baited breath. Kill order is always "tile b*tch", heavy hitter, extra. Extra is usually yelena or venom. Mag + thor or mag+hulk.

Funny thing...is will these lvl 240 even be doable after all the nerfs? Thor/wolvie/mag/spidey are part of every team that works except for the event boosted characters. That's rather boring forcing ppl to play with only 1-2 character to be able to win. Maybe the goal is to force ppl to buy the +100% boosts that always bug out lol. Or to buy covers for event characters?

Lots of new little nickel dime starts coming in and its making me antsy...
  • 240s will still be doable after nerfs. Except instead of Thor/Wolvie/Mag/Spidey on every team it will be Hulk/Punisher/3rd.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't do any good, they only have hammer event boosts, which is, like, whatever
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Once I got mag blue to 5 I haven't lost a single round when I start with +3 all +3 blue. His blue is just so devastating @5 ap and a bit of thought before making matches. Yet, if it drops below 6 (7+) then the move is crippled and not that great. So I am waiting for the mag changes with baited breath. Kill order is always "tile b*tch", heavy hitter, extra. Extra is usually yelena or venom. Mag + thor or mag+hulk.

Funny thing...is will these lvl 240 even be doable after all the nerfs? Thor/wolvie/mag/spidey are part of every team that works except for the event boosted characters. That's rather boring forcing ppl to play with only 1-2 character to be able to win. Maybe the goal is to force ppl to buy the +100% boosts that always bug out lol. Or to buy covers for event characters?

Lots of new little nickel dime starts coming in and its making me antsy...

At the same time, I'd kind of welcome more challenging PvE fights. Unfortunately, Spidey or Mag make these a little too easy. At this point, it hardly matters which opponents are out there, since they get very few turns. I do wonder if they'll make them slightly easier after Spidey/Mag/Thor/Wolv get nerfed, though. It wouldn't upset me to see Modern Storm/Modern Widow make a comeback for survivability in these. Will be interesting to see, nonetheless.
  • If you don't have Spidey, OBW + boosted Captain America is enough lockdown to clear the 240's reliably. It's slow, but it works. Steal a lot and make protect tiles as soon as possible so you don't take match damage; kill Ares first, deny black and kill Venom next, you can easily heal through everything Ragnarok does. Boosted Cap can tank one Devour or Sunder if the AI gets lucky. It hasn't failed for me yet.
  • Celerity wrote:
    If you don't have Spidey, OBW + boosted Captain America is enough lockdown to clear the 240's reliably. It's slow, but it works. Steal a lot and make protect tiles as soon as possible so you don't take match damage; kill Ares first, deny black and kill Venom next, you can easily heal through everything Ragnarok does. Boosted Cap can tank one Devour or Sunder if the AI gets lucky. It hasn't failed for me yet.
    yeah, but who levels Cap anyway? Not me, not for one single event. I have him at 3/4/4 (wanting 5/4/4) and lvl10. And I wish I'd get those 9lvls worth of ISO back icon_e_wink.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    If you don't have Spidey, OBW + boosted Captain America is enough lockdown to clear the 240's reliably. It's slow, but it works. Steal a lot and make protect tiles as soon as possible so you don't take match damage; kill Ares first, deny black and kill Venom next, you can easily heal through everything Ragnarok does. Boosted Cap can tank one Devour or Sunder if the AI gets lucky. It hasn't failed for me yet.
    yeah, but who levels Cap anyway? Not me, not for one single event. I have him at 3/4/4 (wanting 5/4/4) and lvl10. And I wish I'd get those 9lvls worth of ISO back icon_e_wink.gif

Nobody, but his boost in this event seems to not care what level he is. He gains about the same amount of HP and damage regardless of level. Mine's at 24, still works like a charm.
  • For me, I use wolverine(level 85) and origin black window(level 85) (I am still at 2 stars level)

I don't have a lvl5 blue spidey, so stunlock is not an option. I don't have big dps like cMag to one shot one kill either.

Origin Black Widow's level 5 purple is a must to steal purple from venom stun, because I need to manage enemy AP, if there is a lucky cascade and I am stunned, I would lose the control and get owned on the second turn.

I always aim for purple first. start with +3all, +3purple, +3red(to create more strike tile faster).
    As long as there are 2 matches of purple on board at start, I will manage to win.

The ones with lvl240 daken one being hardest for me(luckily this one use Invisible woman, I have invisible woman lvl2 blue, block out 5 of daken strike tiles help heaps,anyway daken is really annoying for me, I can't farm that one easily sadly).

Boosted IW can tank one devour or onslaughter at lvl50. But it rarely happen, OBW is the key for me.
  • Done with Wolverine & O. black widow, 3 AP boosts.
    Main thing is to steal as much as you can to avoid deadly powers, heal as you can as this way black widow is tanking a lot (at least to pick up purple tokens).
    And Wolverine+OBW is the deadliest pair you can have to do really high damages as soon as you have sufficient AP.
    And i don't have high levels (or low levels...) 3* characters... So it the cheapest team i've found to beat them !
  • Unless it's a 240 Daken, then matching greens for Wolverine ends up not scaling faster than Dakens hehe. That's when stunlocking comes in nice.
  • I've found that preventing them from using skills via AP steal is a great way to keep the 240 at bay. Yes, their skills hurt like a truck when they go off, but what good are they if they can't use it to begin with?

The Hood and Original Widow are usually my 3rd wheel to my Hulk/Punisher team going into those battles, and work wonders, especially if they have a member who uses purple. At that point, Original Widow rocks it.

I've found that Spidey is not a requirement for these missions as well. Stunlocking the enemy team is nice, but you get better tradeoff with AP steal in those fights.