R70 - Goon AP generation feedback.

2»

Comments

• Please take this away. It slows down the PVE fights way to much.

If you want to show people what they generate I have 2 ideas.

1. Make it be able to be turned on and off in the settings.

2. When you click on a Goon cover, like when you want to see their abilities, put it there. This way people can see it in the middle of the fight if they want to. But if they don't care, or already know what he generates it isn't in their way when trying to clear some quick fights.

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Please take this away. It slows down the PVE fights way to much.

2. When you click on a Goon cover, like when you want to see their abilities, put it there. This way people can see it in the middle of the fight if they want to. But if they don't care, or already know what he generates it isn't in their way when trying to clear some quick fights.

Thank you.

EXACTLY!! I was going to make the same recommendation before I arrived to your post, in the thread.

It was a new revelation for me that enemy goons generate AP independently and don't share resources; which is interesting but beside the point. But I think that, given their independent resource pool, the best way to display how much AP they have--would be to include it in the popup menu when you click the character. I actually think that's more useful and doesn't require much more code, but just a submodule to call that count when displaying their popup abilities.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Hi, I've never posted on this forum before but I registered just to come say how annoying this new goon banner feature is. Please either remove it entirely, give an option to turn it off, or have it go only once at the beginning instead of every round. As it currently stands, this banner is irritating, slows the game down, and repeats the same unnecessary information over and over again.

Thank you.
  • Please take this away. It slows down the PVE fights way to much.

Thank you.

YES YES YES.

Sometimes a good idea doesn't work well. Thank you D3 for attempting to make PVE better but in this case it didn't. I prefer faster gameplay. If PVP matches took this long i wouldn't play anymore.
  • Arsael
    Arsael Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    please stop it , very annoying!!!!
  • I joined this forum purely to voice my displeasure over the new goon AP generation feature.

You've completely screwed the flow of the game and this is a TERRIBLE idea.

Either revert it or give us the option to turn it off.
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    This baner is not so good as many mentioned, I was asking myself many times before this update -'how can I know how many ap specific goons are making ' and I was checking description..
    Maybe just place info there, like -thug supporting his team with x green x yellow every turn - end of story

Players want to play, not watch animations, sspecially same one every few seconds
  • looks like they removed the banner
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want minion AP generation to work a bit like some other passive effects. For minions to work like, "if no matches are made, generates X of color Y AP". That would MASSIVELY add fairness to nodes like Carnage, Venom, Symbiote.

Also, perhaps the Deadly Shot minion should stop producing AP at all. It's zero cost, basically a passive, so please make Deadly Shot a passive, not a zero cost ability. That one was SO frustrating when it was 2 of those minions and Yelena with a friggin' Ares Onslaught team up that hit for a huge chunk when no green matches were made and no green AP was ever used. (last time, the team up was different, but I still remember how annoyed I was by the mission.)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I just want minion AP generation to work a bit like some other passive effects. For minions to work like, "if no matches are made, generates X of color Y AP". That would MASSIVELY add fairness to nodes like Carnage, Venom, Symbiote.

I would put a further limitation on their generation, they should only get their free ap if there was a potential match-3 in that colour i.e. they are just getting what they could have done if they were able to make moves.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see why it's so hard to just not pair goons with active characters who can use the AP the goons generate. The technical term for this design principle is "Stop being a ****"
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friends, don't let friends necro threads from 19 client updates ago.

Locking this thread, but feel free to start a new feedback thread on the general topic of Goon AP generation.
This discussion has been closed.