R70 - Goon AP generation feedback.

esoxnepa
esoxnepa Posts: 291
First, thank you for implementing a way for us to track how much AP Goons are generating.

I do, however, hate how it takes over my screen every turn. It slows down game play for me, and is too invasive.

I know it will be hard to balance what can be read, with which goons are doing the AP generation, and not taking over the display. If I get any inspiration, I'll pass it along.

I'd rather see something like +X AP in the color of the AP generated over the goon's portrait when we pull up to check his powers.

Comments

• Atros
    Atros Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    My thought is move the banner over the portraits, and still let you keep matching when it's up. The duration that it's up doesn't need to be as long as it is, either.
  • I never paid attention to what they generate, because I already knew. This new banner adds 2 seconds to every turn. Maybe make it smaller and only over than goon portraits, so we can still touch the board, while it's up.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    SO SLOW

I play on Android. Enemy AP gain already shows up at the end of each turn. Now a giant banner blocks my view as I try to spot matches between turns, slowing down mook matches a ton and making the game aggressively less fun to play. I do not see the need for this slow, frustrating feature as currently implemented.

I'm glad the update mentioned it's a "Work in Progress"--I assume that's code for "Some exec forced us to add more hand-holding for newbies, and we implemented it in the stupidest possible way to convince them we don't need it". A simple "+2 yellowtile.png +2 bluetile.png " flashing over the opponent's face for half a second (you know, during that time where it already does that when an enemy gets AP from tile matching) would be sufficient.

I seem to remember it not showing AP gain on the Steam version, which would be nice, but this goes too far. A player can and should tap on the enemy to get their information--e.g., where it would've been a lot easier to just add "PASSIVE: Automatically generates 1 greentile.png each turn."--and for tinykitty's sake, not be reminded every single turn. Or reserve this kind of interference for Tutorial missions only.

This honestly seems like a prank. No designer in his right mind sees this change and says "Oh yeah, the players are going to love that."
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    PLEASE just stop it now
  • ErikPeter
    After playing for another 20 minutes like this, I have something to add. Whoever decided to make this game-slogging change during a 4* reward event--when we are encouraged to be much, much more dedicated to PvE than usual, thanks to Star-Lord as a top 50 reward--should be banned from ever making decisions for the game, or maybe fired. Level 330 Ares is bad enough; spending more than double the usual time grinding the mook nodes is incredibly frustrating thanks to the high stakes.

If I hadn't downloaded the update today, I could be grinding more nodes. I might miss out on Starlord now, just when I decided to actually try. Is there a way to revert my game version? Can you fire someone over this out of spite? Please?

As Cathy, the worthless comic strip character would say: ACK!!!
  • It's slowed the pace of the game down to a crawl, it's beyond annoying. It's kind of like fighting a Ragnarok that activates his powers every single turn.
  • ErikPeter
    UPDATE: Even in non-mook matches, there is now a roughly 1-second delay at the end of the enemy turn, during the time the stupid banners would be popping up for the mooks (but a shorter amount of time.) Still annoying. Way to go, whoever pushed this update live!
  • I do not like how this slows down game play. The pace of the game is something I enjoy.

I am not adverse to this information, and I see how it is strategically relevant, but I don't want it in this format. Someone else suggested floating the AP gain above the respective minion. That would work for me.
  • I agree with all of the comments so far. It interrupts my concentration when looking for moves. I think the +2 can be in the same bubble as the -2 up by the minion's avi.

Having the ribbon over the game board and in my face, peeves me each time it pops up. Why do they get +2 per color per goon and I only get what I matched for my whole team? And why does the goon get +2 when it's in a team of actual characters that move tiles? In that case, the default programming should be overridden and adapt to the same rules as moving characters. If the moving characters should perish, leaving the goon all alone, then revert back to the default.

Thanks for listening. In a nutshell, please make the intrusive Goon AP ribbon go away.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    I experienced my first crash (right at the beginning of a retaliation match--THANKS, DEMIURGE!) after the R70 update.

The new update is quite interruptive! The delay and the resources the game is starting to consume is like introducing a massive memory leak. When the game starts crashing due to overloaded and inefficient coding, you know you've made a bloated mistake!!

I applaud the efforts to improve the game but I see more people clamoring about fixing the enemy scaling for 1-2* characters and consequently disproportionate rewards than I have seen people complaining they have no idea how much AP enemy AI autogenerates.

Listen to what your customer base is telling you!!!!!!!!
  • It's useless update becouse its was always known that goons get colors thay use. Also it was shown on theur side of the board, so why make it "captain obvious" level and put it in the middle of the board?
  • You just can't slow down a matching game that much and retain the same level of fun.

I suggest making an option in the options menu where you can turn enemy AP regeneration on or off.

"SHOW ENEMY AP REGENERATION" ON
    "SHOW ENEMY AP REGENERATION" OFF
  • I don't need the display. It's annoying.
    But you could name the minions with same abilities and same strength with additional numbers.
    For Example:
    If there are two Maggia Killer with the same abilities and the same strength name then "Killer 1" and "Killer 2", and also assign the tiles on the board to them. I had often the problem that there were several Countdown-Tiles on the board and I didn't know to which minion it belongs.

And another thing I would prefer:

Let the minions make matches like every other token and don't let them generate AP. It's fairer, and more interesting. It's unfair, when the enemy is getting always the AP he needs, and the Player himself could only make available matches, wether he needs the AP or not.
  • For tinykitty tinykitties, get rid of this tinykittying display immediately!

Edit: I don't tend to lash out at designers on public forums, but this could be possibly be the stupdiest idea ever. If you start a poll, pretty much no-one will think this is a good idea.
    I play this game to get some relaxation, and I don't really feel that relaxed when something annoys me.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2015
    This is as rage-inducing as anything else in the game, including just missing out on a **** cover by coming in at #51 or being permastunned by Venom. Yes, move this up top over their portraits (on mobile, you can shift the view to see all 3 goons if necessary), and let us keep matching so it doesn't interrupt game flow.

We all have enough aggravation in our lives/playing MPQ and this adds even more of it.
  • Soxfanmatt
    Soxfanmatt Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    The problem with the goons is not AP generation as it has ZERO effect on game play. They generate AP, end of story, that is made very clear in the tutorial and prologue episodes. It is the CD tiles that launch as a result of generated AP and the goon that controls the CD tile that is the problem. The "tap goon and look for flashing tile" method currently in place, while not intrusive to game play still creates a time issue. If this ridiculously intrusive banner, which not only takes over the screen but also builds in a time lag or a similar version of it becomes "the solution" then atleast have the decency of including it in the options menu to turn off this useless feature.
  • Throttler
    Throttler Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'd like to add to the general hate of the new goon AP counts. Please allow us to revert, or send out another update without this "feature". I'm a big fan of this game, a daily player, and now I put it down and do something else. I don't understand why I need to know this info, or can't slide upper right to see it. I prefer uninterrupted match flow. Looking forward to a version without it! Pleeeease.
  • I extra sign up in this forum, to say:
    Please remove the banner!!!
    It just slows down, it takes the fun to play for me!!
    I bought a lot ingame slots, now i dont like to play...
    Either remove the banner or please tell me how to downgrade to the previous version!!
    HELPMEPLEASE.. Dont f**k the game up please!!! Please!!!!!!!!
  • Seltsam
    Seltsam Posts: 14
    These slowdowns are not true Quality of Life improvements and should be removed ASAP. Don't do things in game that make people play your game less or slower.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like it either, too slow. One of the nicest things about goon only matches is being able to blaze through moves without waiting for the opponents turn.

My suggestion would be to put info in the window that comes up when you tap on a goon (the one that shows what damage they do) that tells what they receive per turn.

It's the same every turn so why show it over and over and over and over and over and over.....
This discussion has been closed.