More X-Men ?

Options
I was kind of disappointed about the new wolverine because we already had two of him. Now we have 3 wolverines and 3 black widows. I wish they would have added a new xmen instead. I dont really know the full dark reign story but I think we should get emma frost or jean. I also said women because we have more guys and not enough girls for characters.It would add variation if we ever get another women only tournament.

Comments

• They did say that there will probably be less alt. versions of the same characters and more new ones coming soon. So our third wolvie might be the last version. Shucks...I was hoping for another mag
  • What Matthew said:
    IceIX wrote:
    Patch has been designed and in the code for a *long* while, but without some key things to make him work if someone managed to hack him in ahead of time. We do the same for any other implemented but unreleased characters. Him having been around a while is also why he's a third Wolverine and not a new character. We originally planned less characters, more alts. Post launch we quickly saw that the opposite would be the better way to go for the forseeable future. Patch, I believe, is the last relic of the Character Clone Wars. Doesn't mean we won't do alts in the future, but new characters will be far more common than them.
  • I do agree we need more females before they hold another women-only tournament. However - that tournament did give Moonstone a major chance to shine, given how the lack of ability tiles turned her purple into a combo-producing nuke (exception: Storm* getting off Hailstorm, or Invisible Woman getting off one of her abilities).
  • What Matthew said:
    IceIX wrote:
    Patch has been designed and in the code for a *long* while, but without some key things to make him work if someone managed to hack him in ahead of time. We do the same for any other implemented but unreleased characters. Him having been around a while is also why he's a third Wolverine and not a new character. We originally planned less characters, more alts. Post launch we quickly saw that the opposite would be the better way to go for the forseeable future. Patch, I believe, is the last relic of the Character Clone Wars. Doesn't mean we won't do alts in the future, but new characters will be far more common than them.
    The wise IceIX has spoken.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ooh; good news! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the insight.
  • Glad to hear about new characters coming. I for one would LOVE to see, X-Men that is, a Phoenix, Cyclops, or Nightcrawler
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    I was kind of disappointed about the new wolverine because we already had two of him. Now we have 3 wolverines and 3 black widows. I wish they would have added a new xmen instead. I dont really know the full dark reign story but I think we should get emma frost or jean. I also said woman because we have more guys and not enough girls for characters.It would add variation if we ever get another women only tournament.

Emma is part of the Cabal and so should put in an appearance. Jean was dead before Dark Reign began.

I am curious as to D3 s licensing, whether they have full access to the marvel fold or if they buy character access. That might explain why some characters recur.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    We technically have access to any character in the Marvel library, past, present or future. Some may be harder to get through approvals than others, but there's nothing actually locked off.

As for more X-Men (and others), it'll happen. I know we have one more in the active pipe and there are several on the idea board (which is constantly changed, wiped, deleted, etc.) We've also got a character graveyard with pieces of characters that got scrapped in it. Those could be dug up at some point in the future and we go back and pull stuff out of there to use elsewhere. Other character alts with finished art but no abilities, on paper basic balanced ability only characters with no coding... All kinds of things.
  • What is the decision process like in deciding who gets in. I'll be honest...Ares for me was waaaayyy left field. Fun to see but not expected.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mystique!
    Ability idea:
    While special tile is on board, if she is targeted, ##% chance that enemy takes the hit. (Since she shapeshifts into the form of the enemy)

Rouge:
    Ability idea:
    Stuns target, and uses his last used ability.
  • What Matthew said:
    IceIX wrote:

That makes so much more sense now. At first I was wondering why would they make a third version of him when I know i have seen people talking about the 3 black widows before, now i understand. Im glad the developers realized different characters is better than just one character with different versions. And also read somewhere about people getting wolvie 3* from daily rewards.
  • IceIX
    Options
    What is the decision process like in deciding who gets in. I'll be honest...Ares for me was waaaayyy left field. Fun to see but not expected.
    Story carries a large portion of it, power level another. Ares is a Dark Avenger which we wanted more of and featured decently prominently in the comics. His base form also fits pretty well into that 2* niche, which we also wanted more of at that given time. He made more sense than most of the other available Dark Avengers. Skaar? Just brought out Hulk. Gorgon? We have Daken and (3) Wolverines. Superia? Moonstone is still somewhat new. Ares made the most sense for what we wanted out of a release for a Dark Avengers character. So he graduated from the idea board to active development and *pop!* new character.
  • Heh. There is a rhyme and reason to things. I'm sure you guys know the Marvel universe really really well by now (I'm guessing from research and such). I've only read a few comics and watched the recent movies that came out in the past few years. Look forward to new releases!

By the way IceIX, I tried googling Devil Dinosaur and got a really evil looking Barney....

Evil_barney.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yes to more X-Men universe heroes and yes to more female heroes. This means

Jubilee 1* - Because she was the first hero I saw in the X-Men cartoon back in the 90s (Best intro ever)
    Kitty Pryde 1* - Because she is a fan favorite
    Mystique/Rogue 2* - The ability to copy an enemy ability would be awesome, although I'm not sure if they would be able to code it since the game uses rather simple mechanics
    Magik 2* - Only 2* because her powers on Earth are limited. They could add in the future a Sorceress Supreme version
    Ms. Marvel 3* - Not X-Men but you can't have a Marvel game without her
    Emma Frost 3* - Absolute defense ability
    Phoenix 4* - A total badass with a strong aoe

And here are some who are worth mentioning
    Hepzibah - Not very well known, but I just love her design
    Spiral - Because 6 arms are better than 2, right?
    Morgan le Fay - Not related with the X-Men much, but Marvel doesn't have that many great female villains and those who directly oppose the X-Men are even less. A solid 4* character.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Yes to more X-Men universe heroes and yes to more female heroes. This means ::snip::
    All those female X-Men and you left out my favorite Marvel character (who is/was also an X-Men member). /cry

192px-1942251-zombies.jpg
  • Psylocke...yes....more asians please....
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah, more X-Men P L E A S E ! (and a PvE or PVP event about them icon_e_biggrin.gif )
    I'd like Cyclops (Marvel Now!) 2* with black-blue-red(passive ability, something like "Mutant leader" that power up the team or himself if there are other x-men in the same team) skills, Fantomex with black-purple-blue skills, Nightcrawler (Age of Apocalypse), Havok, Chamber, Archangel or Psylocke (the best female x-man, I love the Uncanny X-Force version).

P.S. please add Magneto (Marvel Now!) to the "Character Balance Queue" list, he seriously could shine with the nerfing of classic mags
  • IceIX wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Yes to more X-Men universe heroes and yes to more female heroes. This means ::snip::
    All those female X-Men and you left out my favorite Marvel character (who is/was also an X-Men member). /cry

Shame on me. She was the first that came to mind, but after I googled for some more to refresh my memory, I forgot to add her. Should be one of the first to come, although, I can't decide between 2* and 3*.
  • Make her a 1* so everyone can have her?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We technically have access to any character in the Marvel library, past, present or future. Some may be harder to get through approvals than others, but there's nothing actually locked off.

I got a funny feeling that Namor is going to be tough to be included in the game...