Doctor's Orders - Jan 14 - 16 - Season X

Options
2»

Comments

• morgh wrote:
    So unless you are in alliance coordinating hitting your own teammates, you dont have much chance to get higher then 900 hmm?
    A guy in my bracket has 990, when I'm at 860 and no targets give more then 15... he's in top 10 alliance that apparently is coordinating joining shards and then shields to inflate their ratings. This is broken beyond comprehension...

The easiest fix that would help would be simply that you cannot attack members of your own alliance... the "coordinate outside of the game or forget top spot(s)" is bulls.hit

That wouldn't help much. Most of the bigger alliances are composed of 2 or 3 alliances, you'd only have to distribute the big hitters and swap them into the same before the end of the event. It would be a minor inconvenience at best.

The new shield system makes what you said pretty much 100% true, yes. 900 is just about the ceiling for people not coordinating. People over that much are going to be shielding constantly from anywhere between a day and 16 hours before the end of the event, and then only to hop quickly, and thats the only time you have a shot at them.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    A guy in my bracket has 990, when I'm at 860 and no targets give more then 15... he's in top 10 alliance that apparently is coordinating joining shards and then shields to inflate their ratings.
    Are you assuming this, or know for a fact? If you randomly skip nodes every 10 or 15 minutes, usually once in a while a node pops up for 20-30 pts. If you do that 3 or 4 times while shielded you can reasonably set yourself up to gain 60 pts when you hop (pretty terrible still). It is also possible to gain a lot of points fast by entering the bracket late and feed off others scores. I dont think its fair to assume top alliances are doing something different. Most of us dont have the time or have different schedules. Coordinating shield hops with 20 people is pretty difficult.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    The easiest fix that would help would be simply that you cannot attack members of your own alliance...
    As others have said, this would do nothing. For one, you can change alliances at will. So just change out, hit, and change back.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think you necessarily need outside coordination to score higher, but it can potentially save you a lot of skip ISO. Without coordination, you just skip hoping to get a better matchup. With coordination, you know when there is someone with more points than you out so you can just skip until you get that person.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, it always puzzled me that if people are barely reaching 1000 points, why do they have rewards all the way up to 1300? Was it easier to get to 1300 that it is now?
  • So, it always puzzled me that if people are barely reaching 1000 points, why do they have rewards all the way up to 1300? Was it easier to get to 1300 that it is now?
    Always? As in the last week?
    People were reaching over 6000 before the shield cooldowns.
  • morgh wrote:
    So unless you are in alliance coordinating hitting your own teammates, you dont have much chance to get higher then 900 hmm?
    A guy in my bracket has 990, when I'm at 860 and no targets give more then 15... he's in top 10 alliance that apparently is coordinating joining shards and then shields to inflate their ratings. This is broken beyond comprehension...

The easiest fix that would help would be simply that you cannot attack members of your own alliance... the "coordinate outside of the game or forget top spot(s)" is bulls.hit

I just went from under 700 to 1023 and shielded out for the last couple of hours of the event. I did not hit a single person in my alliance to do so, but did coordinate with a few people from outside of my alliance (but ultimately, due to timing, only hit one of them once they shielded back up). Instituting a "can't hit your own alliance" thing would do nothing to alleviate that "problem", and as stated, there is a very simple workaround of just not being in the same alliance. Heck, you could have 1 commander stay in the alliance, and all 19 others out of it and not even in an alliance. Everyone gets their points, shields out, and rejoins. Even simpler and cleaner than the way that it would probably be done, just swap between 3-4 friendly alliances.

Also... 860 to 990 is not a huge difference. Even if you are only finding low point matches you could just do a volume of them quickly and then shield. While doing my climb I hit a few for 20 or less. My last fight was for 18 just to get me to where I wanted in terms of points. Sure the opponent hit back after, but I was shielded by then. I got 18 and to a place I wanted to be on points, they grabbed 34 when they hit me back once I was shielded. Win win.
  • Hi J12601,

Thank you for sniping me 2 or 3x. I needed those points badly but it's ok you needed them more than me. You are a good player and keep it up. Cheers to you and ur crew and good luck onward.
  • Oh man did I just get pasted. A couple of awful cascades and then losses while I was playing dropped me from about 200 points. Managed to work my way up with retaliations and shielded at 706 at #18. Hoping to hang on for top 25, but doubtful, as there's still 2 hours left. Saw Phantron was in my bracket, kind of exciting as I don't often recognize forum members.
  • Just realized punisher prizes were for black(top 100) -which i don't need. 166 wall popped up, 1 hour left, no need to stress.

I'm at peace with this tourney now icon_e_smile.gif