Doctor's Orders - Jan 14 - 16 - Season X

Options
Single Player Rewards

1. Elektra purpleflag.png +all rewards from previous rank
2-5. icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
6-10. icon_punisher.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_punisher.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-200. icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png, 500 iso8.png
201-300. icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png, 250 iso8.png
301-400. 2x Standard Tokens, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-2.icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png boost
200. 250 iso8.png
300.Event token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Event Token
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png

Comments

• Just a quick question:

I started after Punisher icon_punisher.png was vaulted and thus have never played with him.

Is he viable nowadays? Does he get play time on mature rosters? (I'm leaning towards it being - No. Never)
  • Just a quick question:

I started after Punisher icon_punisher.png was vaulted and thus have never played with him.

Is he viable nowadays? Does he get play time on mature rosters? (I'm leaning towards it being - No. Never)

He is a good transition character, which is why a lot of vets were sad to see him go during the vaulting. He wasn't needed by the vets, but we knew that anyone coming in and transitioning would be missing out on a pretty solid character. When I did my transition I had icon_captainamerica.png maxed first, and then icon_wolverine.png Patch, and was missing greenflag.png for icon_punisher.png so I didn't play with him a ton, but lots of people ran him and OBW.
    He's not the best at any one thing, but he does a number of things well. Judgements unpredictability can be one of its strengths by providing some board shakeup when the board is stale in addition to generating some strong strike tiles. Molotov does ok AOE damage to the enemy team for a cheap cost, and Retribution still can be a PVE all-star taking that last big chunk out of some nasty goons.

As someone with a good roster now, I currently don't play him much anymore unless he's required as an essential. Which he hasn't been in months, so he's definitely been riding the pine even though he's maxed. I would play him a bit on easy nodes in PVE but he's not fast enough to grind through those fights the same way that icon_daken.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_blade.png are.
  • Thank you, that's a really nice break-down of Punishers mpq use.
    Riding-the-pine = sitting on the bench? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a quick question:

I used Punisher a lot in Enemy of the State with Falcon and Spider-man. He was very useful in Survival mode since longer games means more time to get strike/attack tiles out.
  • The only time Punisher gets a run out in my roster now is for stuff like lv395 Hulks where his Red can finish off 18k of health in one shot. That said, 4Thor is now better for that kind of thing now as she can stun and do 12-15k of damage easily with enough charged tiles on the board (and although I don't run it, a 4 yellow build can remove anger tiles too).

He was worth levelling about 9 months ago imo.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    The only time Punisher gets a run out in my roster now is for stuff like lv395 Hulks where his Red can finish off 18k of health in one shot. That said, 4Thor is now better for that kind of thing now as she can stun and do 12-15k of damage easily with enough charged tiles on the board (and although I don't run it, a 4 yellow build can remove anger tiles too).

He was worth levelling about 9 months ago imo.
    I may use him less once I get more than three covers for Thor. icon_lol.gif I have a bit of a soft spot for him since he was the first three-star I maxed, and I like taking him out for a spin from time to time. But yes, there are porbably better characters to use instead. I just realized Gamora could take his place on a Falcon/Spider-man build...
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ceraphim wrote:
    Single Player Rewards

1. Elektra purpleflag.png +all rewards from previous rank - Elektra
    2-5. icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png - Punisher
    6-10. icon_punisher.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png - Punisher
    11-25. icon_punisher.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png - Punisher
    26-50. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png - Punisher
    51-100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png - Punisher
    101-200. icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png, 500 iso8.png - Ms. Marvel
    201-300. icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png, 250 iso8.png - Ms. Marvel
    301-400. 2x Standard Tokens, 140 iso8.png
    401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-2.icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png - Punisher
    3-10. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png - Punisher
    11-25. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png - Punisher
    26-50. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png- Punisher
    51-100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png - Punisher
    101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    501-1000. 500 iso8.png
    1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25. Standard Token
    50. 100 iso8.png
    100. +3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png boost
    200. 250 iso8.png
    300.Event token
    400. 25 imcoin.png
    500. star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png - Original Black Widow
    600. 25 imcoin.png
    700. 1000 iso8.png
    800. 50 imcoin.png
    900. Event Token
    1000. 1000 iso8.png
    1100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png - Dr. Doom
    1200. 1000 iso8.png
    1300. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png - X-Force Wolverine

Mobile Version
  • I think Punisher was so widely used because at the time EVERYONE brought OBW for team healing (before 'True Healing') and his strike tiles had great synergy matches on her colours for 'double dip' damage. Once OBW's blue was nerfed and she disappeared from most 3* teams it hit Punisher pretty hard I think.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I think Punisher was so widely used because at the time EVERYONE brought OBW for team healing (before 'True Healing') and his strike tiles had great synergy matches on her colours for 'double dip' damage. Once OBW's blue was nerfed and she disappeared from most 3* teams it hit Punisher pretty hard I think.
    Personally I used him with Spider-man... But even back then there was at least Patch for strike tile generation. On the other hand, Punisher was being handed out like candy...
  • Punisher is like a really bad black panther. Like, a really really bad one.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Punisher is like a really bad black panther. Like, a really really bad one.
    He has 3 useful abilities instead of 2 and is faster than Panther. But yes, the reworked Battleplan is a lot better than Judgement.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    He has 3 useful abilities instead of 2 and is faster than Panther. But yes, the reworked Battleplan is a lot better than Judgement.
    And Rage is infinitely better than molotov
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Defense Grid shuts down match damage (albeit slower than Cage does). It's not game breaking, but it's not useless, especially in extended matches and/or waves.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Defense Grid shuts down match damage (albeit slower than Cage does). It's not game breaking, but it's not useless, especially in extended matches and/or waves.
    Perhaps I should rephrase my earlier statement: when I play Punisher I plan to use all three of his abilities. I don't plan to use Defensive Grid, though I will if I have no other blue outlet.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the current meta, all 3 of punisher's colors are spoken for by xor, but BP is a good yellow sink (assuming you actually have non-charged Y tiles)
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So unless you are in alliance coordinating hitting your own teammates, you dont have much chance to get higher then 900 hmm?
    A guy in my bracket has 990, when I'm at 860 and no targets give more then 15... he's in top 10 alliance that apparently is coordinating joining shards and then shields to inflate their ratings. This is broken beyond comprehension...

The easiest fix that would help would be simply that you cannot attack members of your own alliance... the "coordinate outside of the game or forget top spot(s)" is bulls.hit
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    The easiest fix that would help would be simply that you cannot attack members of your own alliance... the "coordinate outside of the game or forget top spot(s)" is bulls.hit

I don't think that really fixes the "coordinate outside of the game" aspect. If you not allowed to attack your alliance mates (which you even could *cough* coordinate via in game chat) you have to attack players from other alliances. That would even enforce outside of the game communication and cross-alliance coordination for those pushing for higher scores.

Well, this is done already anyway (e.g. battle chats in LINE). It would become harder with your restriction though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay, forumite death bracket in slice 2!
    So much for choosing between easy placement and high scores.
    Whoever came up with the gentle nudging to clump vets together and have newbies in their own little world needs to be... I don't know what.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yay, forumite death bracket in slice 2!
    So much for choosing between easy placement and high scores.
    Whoever came up with the gentle nudging to clump vets together and have newbies in their own little world needs to be... I don't know what.

I suspect the vet pool is shrinking, so the vet's that are left are getting put together much more aggressively. Just a hunch...