Sticks And Stones - Jan 9 - 11 - Season X

Options
13»

Comments

• Got hit for 50 in the last minute and dropped from 18 to 36. No blue Hood for me.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Got hit for 50 in the last minute and dropped from 18 to 36. No blue Hood for me.

I spent a bunch of HP in the last few hours (even bought health packs!). Wound up at 26th. icon_e_sad.gif
    My hood is now 5/0/4.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Ouch fellas. Sorry to hear that... I've been there. :/
  • Made it to 1100 then retreated to two friendlies, shielded up at 1068 which may or may not hold top 5. Cage is fun.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made it to 1100 by the skin of my teeth -- won a match at the end to put me over the top, then got hit before the end of the event to put me back down at 1070. Still got the cover, so I can't complain too much.

Still, that was an annoying climb to 1100. I don't like that the cooldowns force you to play on a somewhat set schedule if you're planning on getting any of the top progression rewards.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must have some thanking to do for some of kind people laying off me this past 45 minutes or so. I was sitting on 956 not really thinking I had a chance at 1100 but might as well spend my 75 hp to see what happens. Maybe I'm within one match at the end and can sneak one in at the buzzer.

Well I somehow ran off 5 matches without getting touched and shield at 1128. So, thanks to all you who saw my unassuming 230 xf and 185 gthor and decided to skip.

Edit: also locked sorry if I hit you while you were still unshielded, I was in a mad frenzy trying to get points, hope it didn't cost you anything. Same for anyone else I may have hit near the end.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Edit: also locked sorry if I hit you while you were still unshielded, I was in a mad frenzy trying to get points, hope it didn't cost you anything. Same for anyone else I may have hit near the end.
    While I did spend a crazy amount of HP in attempts to reach first 1100 and then the smug yellow Fury (has been evading me for months since the moment I realized 5/5/3 was the best build), your hit didn't cost me anything indeed, glad the points helped.
    I think I fed quite a lot of people this event while also feeding off generous points from folks above me (Shamsali, Predetah, Puerto Rico, Mr Maestro, etc, thanks a lot you guys!). Had some awesome Chaos League people and EDIT russ91 of Dark Saviors retreat to me as well, which was one of the moments that definitely keep you playing MPQ.
    I had the most crazy thing happen even right when I needed to break shield, we had a power shutdown thanks to rainy weather and leaks damaging power lines, ergo no WiFi, couldn't fight at mobile data speed so just reshielded which cost me extra 300 HP. All fun in the end, back to conserving HP icon_e_biggrin.gif

Grats on getting 1100!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also managed to reach 1100, my first time since shield countdowns.

I was at 780 points when I first shielded at 16 hr mark. Didn't look likely at that point in time, so was considering by whether I should conserve HP or just make an attempt.

Next shield hop, I made 6 games while getting hit 2 times. Manage to get to 980 and my eyes lit up when I found sham and mr maestro in my nodes. Checked that they are shielded, and wham, 80+ points! A third game and I reached 1085. Shield up for 8 hrs.

A final hop few hours later and I got my 1100. icon_e_smile.gificon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

Unfortunately, I remembered my shield cooldown wrongly, and I was 9 mins too early. Couldn't use a 3 hour shield nor a 8 hr shield. So I was unshielded for 9 full mins. Got hit for around 120 points before I shield up.

No big deal though dropped out of top 5. Spend 675 HP for a cage cover.was happy with that. But I have to add that the 40+ hits were crucial. If I couldn't get into the same shard as sham or maestro, 1100 is a virtual impossibility.
  • This one wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't cost me 100 ISO in skip tax just to get an opponent worth more than 16 points once I hit 600. If I was at all smart, I would have shielded when I was at 18th, but I was sitting at 760 with 10 minutes left and thought there might be a chance for me to hit 800 which would have been a milestone for me. Instead, it took 2 minutes to find a match and in the meanwhile I was getting attacked left and right.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't make a serious push because my weekend was booked, but I ended with ~740 (crossed 800 then lost one to cascaded 4Thor, and hit during that time). I could probably have hopped back up to 800-825, but was too tired to bother.

It's definitely going to take some getting used to the new system now that seasons are in play and competition is a bit truer than the off-season events.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So ... why "Sticks and Stones" anyway? I'm passably familiar with the character and I don't get it.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    So ... why "Sticks and Stones" anyway? I'm passably familiar with the character and I don't get it.
    EdARFUu.jpg
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Wow... those are some outfits! lulz
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh.

So... a guy with a spear gun?