Sticks And Stones - Jan 9 - 11 - Season X

Options

Comments

• I'll wager the blue cover will be progression in his PVP, too. Just to tease those of us who aren't good enough to reach 1100.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    I'll wager the blue cover will be progression in his PVP, too. Just to tease those of us who aren't good enough to reach 1100.
    About 99 % of the people that were able to go to 1300 at will thanks to X-Men and others pushing to 2000+ will not reach 1100 anymore, so don't worry, we're all not good enough anymore.
  • The one good thing about this event is that most people dont have more than 3 covers for luke cage, so we mostly only need to deal with 2 characters
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    I'll wager the blue cover will be progression in his PVP, too. Just to tease those of us who aren't good enough to reach 1100.
    nah, blue is the middle cover, meaning that there will be NO chance at a 2nd cover
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else have missing points for this event? I played several matches (against the same line-up) that tallied correctly on the end of match screen, but then my total for the event didn't go up. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    It looks like it is going to take four shields for me to hit 1100 (time slice 1). Would have made it in three, but took a hit in my most recent hop (going for three matches). I started early, so it will be two 8 hrs and two 3 hrs.

If anyone has me queued up, I'd appreciate if they hit me sooner rather than later. Maybe I can get a couple of lucky defense wins and not break shield.

Edit: made it. Really could have done it with three shields if I was willing to stay awake until the end.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are there any scores passing or coming close to 1300 points? I know there is still a lot of time left at this point but I'm just wondering what impact shield cooldowns might have.
  • Slice one Top 10 were 821-984. Top scorer was III X III, with two maxed out thoresses, and pretty sure they were hopping as much as they could.

I think d3 threw in a seed team near 500, with a 2*thor and nick fury, to pump up the scores. Unless I was hitting 1 person over and over, in which case I feel kind of bad.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, 1300 has been topped in slice 5.
  • I started this event in hopes of landing a Top25 for a Hood blue, as mine is 3/3/3 atm. I have zero desire to compete for points, just the cover. (For reference, Day 160 player who played mostly pre-Seasons, then quit and came back. Current best team is a 166 5/3/5 Patch and a (ugh) 153 5/3/4 CMagneto.)

I'm currently at #28 with 655 points and 15h to go. Since I was waiting on healthpacks anyway, I checked the rosters of the #25-#34 teams.

ALL have at least one covermaxed and 200+ 4* (typically XF). Several have multiple 200+ 4*.

ALL have a fully maxed Hood already.

I don't begrudge these players their rosters; they've played the game likely longer than I, and deserve their progression. I don't mind them competing; they need the Season points, the ISO, and it's their right to play if they want to. I am frustrated, though, as it seems the chances of me catching up (and by extension, the other players looking to go from 3's to 4's) decrease every day. As other threads have listed, I'd love to see an alternate method for progressing players to get covers that doesn't enable a "rich get richer" scenario. Honestly, I think the game was better pre-4* dominance.

EDIT: Attacked by 4 players while healthpacks regenerated, all with 200's and maxed Hoods. Fun. Interestingly (and maybe this isn't a new thing, I'm just now noticing it) it seems to be much more likely to match you against players in your bracket then it did previously. I've been hit by 3 of the current Top10.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Will Blue ever be a top 100 reward? I can't get even one for the life of me, haha.

plz d3 we need this

No kidding. I've been at 5/3/5 forever, and now it's been three Hood events without a blue cover.

D3: as long as you are keeping the alliance-individual color being the same, you really need to make sure you rotate through the rewards. Heck, I'd gladly volunteer to go through this forum for past rewards and make a grid for you - just so you can make sure to properly rotate rewards. Hulk had the same problem, double black rewards and no green in between.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alarron wrote:
    I started this event in hopes of landing a Top25 for a Hood blue, as mine is 3/3/3 atm. I have zero desire to compete for points, just the cover. (For reference, Day 160 player who played mostly pre-Seasons, then quit and came back. Current best team is a 166 5/3/5 Patch and a (ugh) 153 5/3/4 CMagneto.)

I'm currently at #28 with 655 points and 15h to go. Since I was waiting on healthpacks anyway, I checked the rosters of the #25-#34 teams.

ALL have at least one covermaxed and 200+ 4* (typically XF). Several have multiple 200+ 4*.

I don't begrudge these players their rosters; they've played the game likely longer than I, and deserve their progression. I don't mind them competing; they need the Season points, the ISO, and it's their right to play if they want to. I am frustrated, though, as it seems the chances of me catching up (and by extension, the other players looking to go from 3's to 4's) decrease every day. As other threads have listed, I'd love to see an alternate method for progressing players to get covers that doesn't enable a "rich get richer" scenario. Honestly, I think the game was better pre-4* dominance.

EDIT: Attacked by 4 players while healthpacks regenerated, all with 200's and maxed Hoods. Fun. Interestingly (and maybe this isn't a new thing, I'm just now noticing it) it seems to be much more likely to match you against players in your bracket then it did previously. I've been hit by 3 of the current Top10.

Folks are so clumped together, you break 600 and anyone in the 800 range can see you - which is all the 270's now that they can't shield hop.

MMR needs to be changed so that only rosters within 50 points of each other can see similar rosters, a 200 point spread is to large and makes anyone under-leveled a huge target as soon as they cross the "wall" territory.
  • i was in the slice that ended at 10am ET. i finished #2 with 972 points. #1 with 1134.

i have a strong 3* roster with a lvl 247 xforce. climbed all the way up 900 without getting hit up until about 2 hours left and then it was a seesaw battle the rest of the way. meaning, for every match i won i lost for about the same points. for the next hour or so, after reaching 900, progress became real slow as i would repeatedly win a match just to be hit for a loss at the same time. with about less than an hour left this whole back and forth started giving me a headache so i just said screw it and threw up a 3 hour shield and called it an event. i suppose i could've reached 1000 if i kept going (still had all 5 healthpacks), but i didnt see the point in killing another hour of my time to gain nothing more, cause i wasnt gonna reach 1100 for the cage cover and i was already firmly in top5. in the past i could've just shield hopped to 1100 and beyond but now this seems to be the new reality, at least for me w/o a 4or. ascend as high as one can, reach that vortex of eternal recurrence, and when one cant handle it anymore, shield and be done with it. i suppose there is some peace that comes with knowing that i won't have to worry about babysitting my phone in between shield hops anymore, or for as long as they stick with this cooldown thing
  • Alarron wrote:
    I started this event in hopes of landing a Top25 for a Hood blue, as mine is 3/3/3 atm. I have zero desire to compete for points, just the cover. (For reference, Day 160 player who played mostly pre-Seasons, then quit and came back. Current best team is a 166 5/3/5 Patch and a (ugh) 153 5/3/4 CMagneto.)

I feel your pain. But the folks you mentioned have 4*Thor, Alliance, and Season scores to worry about. I wish they would realize "hey this guy that I'm attacking might need the cover" but at the same time, they have stuff to work for, as well.

And if I've learned anything from gamers, you'll never have a free ride. I was surprised when the Sim(for Luke Cage) was as uncompetitive as it was. There's always someone to compete.

And really why blame players when we can blame D3? D3 doesn't rotate covers like they should. PVE just rewarded Hulk green for the second(third?) time in a row.
  • Five hours since my slice ended and still no rewards. And as usual, top guys in my slice are going to sell the hood covers they eventually receive for iso8. Yay. Happy fun time.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yup. Shoved out of the top 25 by people who have blue hood.

Sigh. Please make blue t100 or otherwise accessible sometime, D3!
  • Solarris wrote:
    Five hours since my slice ended and still no rewards. And as usual, top guys in my slice are going to sell the hood covers they eventually receive for iso8. Yay. Happy fun time.

Me too....

7 hours after pvp end and i don't received my rewards =/ create ticket ?
  • awards should be coming. i just got mine and the event ended over 8 hours ago for me

what i havnt got yet are the alliance awards from the hulk pve
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Hit a new personal record in pvp with 867 to ensure that blue hood cover. The mere 300 HP was a pretty good bargain. Just 2 more to go...
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    unco_dan wrote:
    what i havnt got yet are the alliance awards from the hulk pve
    Hulk PVE isn't over yet.