Comments

• PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Slice 5 update?
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in shard 5(the one that ends at 1am...which i think is shard 5) and a new bracket just opened up, we're at 38 players right now, 13 people have joined in the last 10 minutes since i joined, leaders are at 1500ish.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ending Time 1 / 1st Ending Time (ET1 / 1ET) (Slice 1) is currently at 930.

Hang tight folks...

(See what I did there? Independent of time. What do people think of that new terminology? It's the one the game uses and I added a number to it. I think I slightly prefer ET1, ET2, ET3, ET4, ET5 to vice versa; says what it is and then the sub-category).

This was prompted by the above post saying shard 5 ending at 1am, but that cannot be because my slice 1 ending is 1am... icon_razz.gif
  • Slice 4 - Up to 574 players with ~90 minutes to go until the 3rd sub ends. (We're at 10:35PM EST)

tisheng117 is leading the bracket with 25544 points.

I'm sitting in a leisurely 3rd with 21k, solely from trying to grab top 50 in each sub if I can (nabbed a top 10 in hard sub 2. Woo?)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    This was prompted by the above post saying shard 5 ending at 1am, but that cannot be because my slice 1 ending is 1am... icon_razz.gif

The last slice does end at 3 am EST, so might be 1 am for you. I think it does end 24 hrs after slice 1.
  • yogi_
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

The last slice does end at 3 am EST, so might be 1 am for you. I think it does end 24 hrs after slice 1.

In my part of the world, the first slice ends at 1am and the last one ends at 7pm later the same day, so whatever time differences there are can be ignored by using Ending Time terminology.

*** 2 hours from the intial time of this post, ET1 (1st Ending Time) is at 980.

*** 2.5 hours from the intial time of this post, ET1 (1st Ending Time) is at 995.

*** 3 hours from the intial time of this post, ET1 (1st Ending Time) is at 998.

Some time after that... now at 1000. Brand new ET1 is go!!!!
  • Should anyone be considering joining ET3 (I like that new terminology!), be aware of the fact that the slice that's currently open has 495 players in it with Pydpiper as the leader (40k points).
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Any update on any of the slices? Looking to join up tonight, want to go in a fresh one.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My shard in time slice 4 has less than 650 people in it and I joined the event 90min before the end of the first round of subs. I've missed two rounds of subs completely, cleared the rest only once each, usually early, and I'm still in 65th overall.

Also keep in mind that there may be more than one shard open in each slice at any given time.
  • I would like to help in such posts but I have one question: how do you know how many people are in your slice? The red banner thing is always showing 1000 for me regardless of when I join..
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slice 2 just filled and there's 35 minutes to get a head start on everyone else! Go go go
  • arrapaicrag
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Ending Time 1 / 1st Ending Time (ET1 / 1ET) (Slice 1) is currently at 930.

Hang tight folks...

(See what I did there? Independent of time. What do people think of that new terminology? It's the one the game uses and I added a number to it. I think I slightly prefer ET1, ET2, ET3, ET4, ET5 to vice versa; says what it is and then the sub-category).

How does slice 1 look now?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Koko81 wrote:
    I would like to help in such posts but I have one question: how do you know how many people are in your slice? The red banner thing is always showing 1000 for me regardless of when I join..
    If you "pre-join" before the bracket even opens, then I guess this is possible, otherwise there are usually fewer than 1000 in your bracket when you join. Next time check the red banner immediately after joining and you'll see how many are there.
  • Any new'ish brackets out there?
  • Slice 4 (ET4) Update: - Midnight EST, 5th subs just ended, 48 hours to go. We are now at 682 players. With maybe 50 players added today, it's not looking entirely favorable that this will close.
  • yogi_
    Options
    What about EndTime1, EndTime2, EndTime3, EndTime4 and EndTime5? (and still maybe ET1, ET2, etc.), but until we get used to it, the more formal notation?

I dunno...
  • arrapaicrag
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    What about EndTime1, EndTime2, EndTime3, EndTime4 and EndTime5? (and still maybe ET1, ET2, etc.), but until we get used to it, the more formal notation?

I dunno...

I like ET.
    Did ypur PVE bracket fill?
  • yogi_
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

I dunno...

I like ET.
    Did ypur PVE bracket fill?

I don't mind ET either, I just worry it lacks some reference point. If you just saw it, it's be like... ET, wha the... is that? Not a big deal either way, people will just try different things and we'll see where it comes out.

My slice? Yes, about a day or so ago. See my post further up the page.
  • arrapaicrag
    Options
    Et1had a new bracket 24 hrs ago. Et2 had a new bracket 12 hrs ago. ET4 isn't close to filling. What about ET3 and 5?
  • My slice in ET3 currently has 637 players, leader is Endlessvoid with 69k. It does not look like it will fill up in the 1day10hrs we still have left.