Steam players and Facebook - Finally?

2»

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    BobMurdoch wrote:
    C'mon guys. I'd love to play on steam but I am not abandoning my year old facebook mpq account to do so. Why is this so hard?

The biggest deterrent is probably how disgustingly easy it is to hack/mod/etc on a PC, as opposed to a mobile device. There used to be linking of Steam to Facebook, but as far as I know, it was removed due to exploits.

You remember incorrectly then, though to be fair it was like half a year before you actually joined. They only did it for the PC beta signups, and the real reason it wasnt carried forward is because they had to overwrite the info between the save manually for every single account.

Seemingly. Just what I heard, apparently I heard wrong. icon_lol.gif

When you say they had to overwrite something, do you mean client-side or server-side?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    BobMurdoch wrote:
    C'mon guys. I'd love to play on steam but I am not abandoning my year old facebook mpq account to do so. Why is this so hard?

The biggest deterrent is probably how disgustingly easy it is to hack/mod/etc on a PC, as opposed to a mobile device. There used to be linking of Steam to Facebook, but as far as I know, it was removed due to exploits.

You remember incorrectly then, though to be fair it was like half a year before you actually joined. They only did it for the PC beta signups, and the real reason it wasnt carried forward is because they had to overwrite the info between the save manually for every single account.

Seemingly. Just what I heard, apparently I heard wrong. icon_lol.gif

When you say they had to overwrite something, do you mean client-side or server-side?
    IIRC, you created a dummy pvp account on the steam version, and then they overwrote it with the mobile account. So...server side?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's absurdly weird. I wonder why.
  • You can link your Facebook to Steam. You do it with the Facebook button on your Steam profile. This doesn't help you link the two in MPQ though. As far as I was told by D3, that isn't going to happen...
  • qTqd6WQ.jpg
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    15209d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american-army-holy_necroposting_batman.jpg
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    f11d89d0b473508493e4ec4572bb3c8a722eda24a1db771a09e3b1a5aa84868a.jpg