What Do You Want?

Options
People are always complaining on the forums. Yet they never give a solution to these problems. For example, people didn't like heroic story events yet they still complain when d3 stopped running them. Or, Europeans didn't like that they had to wake up at 4am to compete in events, yet it seems a lot of people complain about time shards.

Personally, my solution to PVE is to 1. Have 4 hour refreshes and 2. D3 makes a few 3-5 day long PVE's with 3 or 4 subs. Time shard solution could be that you can hit people not in your shard as long as all shards are running. This doesn't seem exactly fair, but it's the best solution i can come up with.

Please comment as your input would be appreciated icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plenty of people offered solutions, it's just that DU doesn't really listen to them and does something else that tries to cut off one problem, resulting in 2 more taking it's place
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattfal wrote:
    ... people didn't like heroic story events yet they still complain when d3 stopped running them.
    Really? People complained about the heroic PvEs going away? I don't think I've seen much of that.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    D3 should have the worst communication with players i've ever seen in a game ...

Make a small video of 10 min to explain the future and the direction the game is taking, just take 10 min ...

And we don't complain about the stories but about the refresh time who make people insane (no sleep, playing while driving, ect...) and i would add... very very very boring=> it's like to be a bot who repeat same action every resfresh time...

We complain about the horible matchmaking who make always the lv166-270 won PVP.

We complain about the fact you will not be sure to get something good even if you past lot of time on the game. But for that i suggest something which could help and make everybodies OK, all is in my signature and we have to mobilize.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What do i want?
    To remove the competitive aspect of PVE. That's all, simple
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies.
  • People never give solutions? Do you even read these forums?

People complained when heroics were taken away? Do you even read these forums?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Plenty of people offered solutions, it's just that DU doesn't really listen to them and does something else that tries to cut off one problem, resulting in 2 more taking it's place

Hey Hydra!!! cut off one head, two more shall take it's place
  • fmftint wrote:
    What do i want?
    To remove the competitive aspect of PVE. That's all, simple

Agree!!
    Only make it competitive for 4 stars and, everyone should have a chance at getting a card for every new toon that comes up. It's up to the person if they want to whale that toon or not.
  • My impression is more than a few people agree to:
    a. reduce PVE length to 3-4 days
    b. increase node refreshes to at least 3, preferably 4 hours.
    c. make subs 24 hours, not 36 hours thereby nullifying the merit of choosing your time slice.

The devs recently commented that PVE will stay competitive so that's that, but I think the above would go a long way towards increasing favor forward the format. I think we all hate that the alliance reward for 4* covers is top 50, but I can at least understand the rationale behind it.
    ~~~

I'd also love it if PVP observed item c. as well. I'm typically left to choose slice 3, which ends at typically 9am but sometimes 9pm depending on the event -- it's usually the least inconvenient slot. But, I'd love if that end time wouldn't rotate, and preferably stay 9pm (as opposed to 9 am, Japan time).
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Mattfal wrote:
    ... people didn't like heroic story events yet they still complain when d3 stopped running them.
    Really? People complained about the heroic PvEs going away? I don't think I've seen much of that.
    They complain about 7 day long pve's, none of which are heroic
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattfal wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    That's obviously not the same thing.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Mattfal wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    That's obviously not the same thing.
    Its a result of the previous thereby being related events.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i saw one of those tiny remote control helicopters flying around the mall in front of Brookstone the other day. i think it would be cool to have one of those helicopters.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like Cheescake factory to bring back it's Tai Chicken Pasta.
    I would also like a batch of Turtle Fudge Brownies
    I would also like a Porsche cayenne. ( I would probably have to give up MPQ and be more dedicated to work, but this one might be worth it)
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd like to see more of the Lightning Rounds like the Elecktra one.

She was powered up and I had a chance to really try her out with some of my leveled heroes to see how she played in my favorite team comps.

I would like to see them do that with every new hero. There are still guys that I have no idea if they fit my play style. Gamora, Groot, Colossus, Beast, Doc Oct

I was an early complainer about the game. But now I have a decent amount of 166 3*'s and can experiment a little more the game has opened up. I'm day 438 and have spent about $40-$50. $20 of it for Blade covers during the anniversary sale. That Blade made all the difference, he fit well with alot of my high level characters and increased my enjoyment immensely.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

DUDE! That was my fav back in the day! Now all I get is that Hash breakfast stuff.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Afrocigar wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

DUDE! That was my fav back in the day! Now all I get is that Hash breakfast stuff.

I stopped going I was so depressed. The Baja chicken tacos are good, and the Potstickers are awsome. Oh and they have some de end deserts
  • I would like to borrow that alliance jet Lord Will promised me when I joined Retribution. I suspect Colognoisseur is hogging it.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    On a serious note....

I would like some kind of off line single player mode. Something I could install on my tablet and just play around with. Something like the Survival mode would be ideal. Or, maybe a mode like the simulator, where I pick my 3 characters and then I go against 3 random characters. They can even use the seed teams if they wanted. Or both. Yeah, both modes are good. icon_lol.gif

There would be no scores, rewards or anything. No health packs. Enter all matches at full health.

The reasoning behind this is that I'm thinking about long term playability. As the game is now, (if I'm understanding it correctly), then if, hypothetically, if, gods forbid, , something happened and D3 had to pull the plug, then that's it. No more MPQ. icon_cry.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif But with a small off line battle mode, I would still get to keep the characters that I have spent, literally thousands of dollars on. I would still be able to use them. It would not be very much. No tournaments or new characters or story mode, but it would be better than nothing.

Sgt. JJ

for more details, see this ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21517#p274447
    if you like the idea give it a thumbs up. any ideas, suggestions or improvements are also welcome. Thanks.
  • GET RID OF 20 ISO