Green Patch (And other rare travesties)

Options
2»

Comments

• esoxnepa wrote:
    Clems wrote:
    Well i think i'm a part of lucky guys who played when trueheal still existed and could max a character in 1 event with spidey or OBW and hopefully i could max Patchy in 1 time :>

But to fight this insanity and injustice i invite you all to see my post(Crafting) on "Suggestions forum" who could fix this actual problem who disgust new players in transition of star.pngstar.png => star.pngstar.pngstar.png or others who can"t get the cover they want.

Here's the link icon_e_wink.gif

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21313

It really wasn't True Healing that made it so much easier to max the characters. There were so many fewer characters, so the cycle time between when you could win covers was shorter, and the tokens had the smaller set too.

Really ? With true healing you could compete in PVE AND PVP, your team finished all fights full life and you could fight at the infinite. I could kill lv 166 team with lv 100 characters so easily. A spidey with full blue maxed and was a perma stun for ennemy team.

But yes the fact they were less characters and more rotation between them helped too, but here you could max a character in only 1(i insist on the 1) event.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    None of the covers mentioned not even remotely as rare as Hulk black covers. By far hulk black was the most rare.

I maxed out my hulk black in 2 events over the last couple months. I didn't keep my old hulk cards, but previous to a couple months ago I could agree. I got 1 or 2 black in the previous 6 months...which is 1 or 2 more than blue hood. 3* Thor covers seem sort of rare to me too
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Clems wrote:
    esoxnepa wrote:
    Clems wrote:
    Well i think i'm a part of lucky guys who played when trueheal still existed and could max a character in 1 event with spidey or OBW and hopefully i could max Patchy in 1 time :>

But to fight this insanity and injustice i invite you all to see my post(Crafting) on "Suggestions forum" who could fix this actual problem who disgust new players in transition of star.pngstar.png => star.pngstar.pngstar.png or others who can"t get the cover they want.

It really wasn't True Healing that made it so much easier to max the characters. There were so many fewer characters, so the cycle time between when you could win covers was shorter, and the tokens had the smaller set too.

Really ? With true healing you could compete in PVE AND PVP, your team finished all fights full life and you could fight at the infinite. I could kill lv 166 team with lv 100 characters so easily. A spidey with full blue maxed and was a perma stun for ennemy team.

But yes the fact they were less characters and more rotation between them helped too, but here you could max a character in only 1(i insist on the 1) event.

yeah, yeah, and you used to be able to get a stan lee and jack kirby iss for less than a quarter back in teh day too. Nerfing OBW's "true heal" (which neither her nor spidey actually have BTW) was one of the best moves in the game. Currently anyone with true heal has the literature to back up that they actually do have true heals. Anyone can bring a stark device with them to heal...it's stupid. Why not give everyone in the game a true heal then? It's a unique skill. period.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rednailz wrote:
    None of the covers mentioned not even remotely as rare as Hulk black covers. By far hulk black was the most rare.

I maxed out my hulk black in 2 events over the last couple months. I didn't keep my old hulk cards, but previous to a couple months ago I could agree. I got 1 or 2 black in the previous 6 months...which is 1 or 2 more than blue hood. 3* Thor covers seem sort of rare to me too

Same problem, they had two events with black covers rewarded. Now that they reward the same color for individual-100 and team T-100, it's just ridiculous to run the same event within two times.

My (nearly day 300) hulk has had four green covers forever. I threw away all four of the black covers from the back-to-back black hulk cover events.
  • rednailz wrote:
    Clems wrote:
    esoxnepa wrote:
    Clems wrote:

yeah, yeah, and you used to be able to get a stan lee and jack kirby iss for less than a quarter back in teh day too. Nerfing OBW's "true heal" (which neither her nor spidey actually have BTW) was one of the best moves in the game. Currently anyone with true heal has the literature to back up that they actually do have true heals. Anyone can bring a stark device with them to heal...it's stupid. Why not give everyone in the game a true heal then? It's a unique skill. period.

You understand nothing man about what i want to explain. Yes that was OP and not normal(even if it was funnier), i'm not crying about the fact they nerfed it. But people who were not here at this period are just disadvantaged like the one who didn't know the 25 iso per 3* covers.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    How about red cmags? I haven't been able to get a single one since the devs funbalanced him. Mine is still sitting at 5-3-5. It's really bugging me because he goes well with x-force (and his red is a big part of that synergy). I know he was vaulted, but still, those changes happened quite a long time ago.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The reasons people think that things were easier before true healing are that there were half as many characters so you had double the chance of getting a Gold Card that built up on something you already had vs getting one of everything...

What makes it exceptionally annoying is (randomness being what it is) that when you do get a lot of one character it may well be someone you weren't particularly interested in collecting or worst case 5 of the same ability and none of the other 2. I have gotten 6 Doc Ocks from Gold and Silver cards plus a couple from events so that, against my will, he is pretty built up. At least he isn't Blade where I have 5 greens and nothing else.

I will say it is in the Devs interest to make sure that critical abilities get out there. Purple Falcon means a lot of people spending money to level up Falcon, because he is almost worthless without that ability. (although fun in Daken vs Daken battles). Yes it undercuts spending on card packs but my guess is few people are going to wait to get 4 more Purples naturally - they will buy them up. Same with Patch's Green. Spiderman's yellow is a Shield give-a-way and fits in the same position, kind of makes the character.