Category-5 - Dec 28 - 31 - Season IX

Options
Single Player Rewards

1. icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png +all rewards from previous rank
2-5. icon_falcon.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
6-10. icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-200. star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngpurpleflag.png, 500 iso8.png
201-300. star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngpurpleflag.png, 250 iso8.png
301-400. 2x Standard Tokens, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-2. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png boost
200. 250 iso8.png
300.Event token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_ares.pngyellowflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Event Token
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png

Comments

• Would love to do well in this one since my 1/2/1 icon_falcon.png needs all the covers he can get. However, I worry about being in a death bracket considering my terrible luck in time slice selection the last few PVPs. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I covered my Falcon last season, so I'm not excited about these prizes either! The only character I needed covers for this season was Deadpool, and I suppose Loki's green.

Hopefully they actually put him in the next PVP, and not make it a 4* Thor one (as Hulk didn't get a PVP this round). 4* PVPs are miserable for pretty much anyone who isn't a whale (Elektra doesn't count, since she's so new, I haven't seen any level 345 boosted Elektras). I don't want to ring in the new year getting my butt handed to me by super Thors.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Square wrote:
    I covered my Falcon last season, so I'm not excited about these prizes either! The only character I needed covers for this season was Deadpool, and I suppose Loki's green.

Hopefully they actually put him in the next PVP, and not make it a 4* Thor one (as Hulk didn't get a PVP this round). 4* PVPs are miserable for pretty much anyone who isn't a whale (Elektra doesn't count, since she's so new, I haven't seen any level 345 boosted Elektras). I don't want to ring in the new year getting my butt handed to me by super Thors.
    they only have 4* tournies for the new release tourney
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Happy to hear that! Maybe I'll shoot for 1300 that PVP. Covered maxed Falcon/Laken/X-Force are as much a defensive team as any.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Square wrote:

That'll change though, if they plan on churning out more and more 4* chars.
  • How come no one cares about Elektra tourney? Also not excited about blueflag.png Falcon rewards they give it so much...

And most importantly:

HOW COME THERES NO PLACEMENT SCREEN AFTER TOURNIES ANYMORE? THIS IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE D3 icon_e_smile.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    How come no one cares about Elektra tourney? Also not excited about blueflag.png Falcon rewards they give it so much...

I make a lot of those topics, and was busy when it went live. My slice has already finished so I don't feel like making one now. But, since you can post about it, you certainly could make a topic for it icon_razz.gif
  • Stop giving out blue falcon covers! My falcon is 2/5/4, 3 of the purples from tokens but only 1 blue from tokens. Glad that yellow is top 25 instead of top 5 but still...
  • j12601 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    How come no one cares about Elektra tourney? Also not excited about blueflag.png Falcon rewards they give it so much...

I make a lot of those topics, and was busy when it went live. My slice has already finished so I don't feel like making one now. But, since you can post about it, you certainly could make a topic for it icon_razz.gif

nah, I was just curious

Got booted out of top 100 for a 3*Storm cover. What is the world coming to...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I play category 5 I am always amazed at how much I enjoy hailstorm. I really like when I can fire it twice in a match and seeing the entire board filled with attack tiles. Storm has too little health, and becuase there are a lot better greens then hers she is not used that much, but man seeing the ennemy drown in attack tiles is fun especially if you have some strike tiles on the board as well.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Using the loaner for most of my matches. The Hulk/patch combo doesn't work out so well with mostorm tanking everything.

Silly Mostorm...
  • ruinedcause
    Options
    The rewards are a little underwhelming but I'm at an impasse personally. I'm a star.pngstar.png - star.pngstar.pngstar.png transitioner currently. I have five 2's fully covered and leveled and a bunch of 3's that need some love. I don't know whether to go for that last purpleflag.png for MNMags or grab that Falcon cover should I get in the Top 100. Conventional logic tells me to go for the gusto and get the Falcon cover as that one is definitely harder to obtain.
  • The rewards are a little underwhelming but I'm at an impasse personally. I'm a star.pngstar.png - star.pngstar.pngstar.png transitioner currently. I have five 2's fully covered and leveled and a bunch of 3's that need some love. I don't know whether to go for that last purpleflag.png for MNMags or grab that Falcon cover should I get in the Top 100. Conventional logic tells me to go for the gusto and get the Falcon cover as that one is definitely harder to obtain.

Go for the icon_falcon.png cover. If you've already got him on your roster, and not fully covered, his blue is very nice for PVE. And with how they give out star.pngstar.png covers after pvp fights, you're likely to just end up with the icon_magneto.png cover you need at some point any way.
  • ruinedcause
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    The rewards are a little underwhelming but I'm at an impasse personally. I'm a star.pngstar.png - star.pngstar.pngstar.png transitioner currently. I have five 2's fully covered and leveled and a bunch of 3's that need some love. I don't know whether to go for that last purpleflag.png for MNMags or grab that Falcon cover should I get in the Top 100. Conventional logic tells me to go for the gusto and get the Falcon cover as that one is definitely harder to obtain.

Go for the icon_falcon.png cover. If you've already got him on your roster, and not fully covered, his blue is very nice for PVE. And with how they give out star.pngstar.png covers after pvp fights, you're likely to just end up with the icon_magneto.png cover you need at some point any way.

That's good advice. Thank you. Currently, I have my icon_falcon.png at two blues and one yellow. This is the same dilemma I share with many of my star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Redwing rocks. I dislike birds, but that lil guy rocks.

Imagine the look on the muscle's faces when that little bird swoops down and snatches the tommygun right out of their hands. Then they gotta spend all that time looking for their backup! icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, Falcon in pve is good. Falcon during survival modes came out and said, 'this is what I was built for. this is my time to shine'. Then he did.

... true story ...
  • Redwing rocks. I dislike birds, but that lil guy rocks.

Imagine the look on the muscle's faces when that little bird swoops down and snatches the tommygun right out of their hands. Then they gotta spend all that time looking for their backup! icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, Falcon in pve is good. Falcon during survival modes came out and said, 'this is what I was built for. this is my time to shine'. Then he did.

... true story ...

Yep, aside from the really high level survival nodes where I ran icon_wolverine.png XF, icon_thor.png Goddess, and icon_hood.png usually (which usually ends up with the entire team stunned and you taking no damage once you're set up), I ran most of the survival nodes with...

icon_storm.png (Mohawk), icon_daken.png (Lazy), icon_falcon.png (Biiiiiiiirrrrdddmaaaaannn!)
    Most of those nodes work the same too. Grab a few greentile.png matches, match yellowtile.png a couple times, and eventually some blacktile.png - Then you've got the board covered in strike.png and attack.png tiles, the opponents are taking 1-2k per match you make (once the attacks fire), and they can't get any tiles down. It's beautiful.
  • Redwing rocks. I dislike birds, but that lil guy rocks.

... true story ...

That makes alot more sense than what I thought Redwing was doing. Sort of like the animal sidekick in the not-realistic superhero-adam-west-esque action show....
  • ruinedcause
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Redwing rocks. I dislike birds, but that lil guy rocks.

... true story ...

Yep, aside from the really high level survival nodes where I ran icon_wolverine.png XF, icon_thor.png Goddess, and icon_hood.png usually (which usually ends up with the entire team stunned and you taking no damage once you're set up), I ran most of the survival nodes with...

icon_storm.png (Mohawk), icon_daken.png (Lazy), icon_falcon.png (Biiiiiiiirrrrdddmaaaaannn!)
    Most of those nodes work the same too. Grab a few greentile.png matches, match yellowtile.png a couple times, and eventually some blacktile.png - Then you've got the board covered in strike.png and attack.png tiles, the opponents are taking 1-2k per match you make (once the attacks fire), and they can't get any tiles down. It's beautiful.

Sounds like a deadly combo!
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There is a player named Viral Core from The Defenders with over 5k points in Category 5 right now.
  • There is a player named Viral Core from The Defenders with over 5k points in Category 5 right now.

Quite a few players in slice one opted for crazy scores in this one. Worldrunner is decimating our bracket with 3800 right now, 2nd is under 800. I think Francky and a few others have broken 4k already. I'll be glad to scrape up some point crumbs and help my season score without much effort, and possibly no shields.