Character Balance Timeline

Options
2»

Comments

• Again, it wasn't a comparison, and I already noted it not being the same thing and explained rationale, noting that I too didn't think the suit would go through and rather that the headlines alone can affect the landscape of video games as a whole. I wasn't arguing with you!

This is the only comparison present. MPQ is a video game. Battlefield is also a video game. They both have developers that made them. Things in the media that affect game developers due to their user bases, no matter the cause, will make game developers more conscious of their user bases and how they treat them. Which is already what I said. We aren't talking about the actual suits or if they could apply to this property. It's obvious they do not. We are talking about the evolving relationship game creators and users have and how they interact and respect each other.

If that were the case then that lesson would have been taught with the aliens game that was released last year where all the game play footage shown at shows and on the ads was not the same as what was in the actual game. Or how about when civ online was released and the game would delete users progress and disconnect users randomly and also not allow users to connect. Or finally what about the biggest release of last year, GTA V. That online was completely broke as well for the first month it was out. The only thing that will come from the DICE headlines is that more developers will be more cautious about releasing an incomplete product.

The reality is that the only way a user, or paying customer, can affect a development studio is by not buying the game or supporting the game, headlines won't change anything. For proof of this all you need to do is look at the xbox one. After the first announcement there were tons of polls showing that people favored the ps4 and would not buy the xbox one based on the information provided. Today we have a completely different xbox one. Consumers speak with their wallet, don't like a change made, don't pay any more and quit playing. If enough people leave they may change their ways.
  • Of course none of those things change anything in a huge way. It's incremental and affects studios in different ways over time. I'm not sure if you're reiterating but rephrasing what I'm saying to agree with me on purpose or accidentally, or if I'm not saying it in a way that makes sense. Haha. Either way, I think we're mostly on the same page.
  • They better not change spidey's webs to 5 blue to use. Venoms webs cost 7 but it stuns the whole team. I'm ok with making his webs 3 to use or something.

After this ragnarok nerf, he's completely useless. It takes the same amount of power to use his ability as thor, he does less damage, he makes less gems. Why even bother using that guy? If they wanna keep his skills up at 6 red energy, he should be doing 1000 damage as well and making 5 green gems still.
  • This rag nerf made IM40 seem so strong. I can get all of my IM40 abilities off before rag even gets to thunder clap his **** as he farts. Still hate that I spent money less than 24h on rag before the nerf.
  • Agree! So happy with my IM40 right now! He helps so many of the other teammates I have.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    They better not change spidey's webs to 5 blue to use. Venoms webs cost 7 but it stuns the whole team. I'm ok with making his webs 3 to use or something.

After this ragnarok nerf, he's completely useless. It takes the same amount of power to use his ability as thor, he does less damage, he makes less gems. Why even bother using that guy? If they wanna keep his skills up at 6 red energy, he should be doing 1000 damage as well and making 5 green gems still.
    I agree about 3 or 4 AP blue skill cost, 5 or 6 it too much.
    Ragnarok will seem strong when Thor will be brutaly nerfed, and IM40 will be one of the best.

IMHO, instead of nerf (ok, sometimes it's right, but triple the AP cost of an ability it's a radical change!) they should introduce pg with ability "anti-*determinated pg*": Thor skills are too strong? Give to Loki a third ability "anti-thor", something like "Loki’s trickery increase by *n* the cost of *color/colors* skill/skills" or something passive skill like "no one can convert tiles, change color or location tiles".
    Same question with Wolverine: they should give a third "anti-wolverine" skill to Daken, or they'd introduce a new Magneto (with his power of manipulate electromagnetic fields he can stun Wolverine or block his green and red skills for *n turn).
    Same question about Spidey, they could take advantage of Venom, in comics he cannot be detected by his spider-sense and he can altering its coloration and becoming invisible.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    They better not change spidey's webs to 5 blue to use. Venoms webs cost 7 but it stuns the whole team. I'm ok with making his webs 3 to use or something.

Are yellow gems as good as green gems though?

There are heaps of good green abilities. Yellow, not so much. I only match yellow on a 4,5 or when spidey needs to heal.

So 4 green are probably better than 5 yellow
  • I like the idea of characters such as Loki negatively impacting their nemesis like Thor. Would love more of that. Fire characters have bonuses against ice characters, so on. Could do away with the need for needing if every character is weak against another character or two in some way.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're almost at the two month anniversary for Wolverine X and M Hawkeye getting buffs.

On Monday, what should Wolvie and Hawkeye get for their 2 month anniversary?

1. Flowers
    2. Sharpening stones
    3. Free dinner
    4. The buffs they got scheduled for two months ago.
  • We're almost at the two month anniversary for Wolverine X and M Hawkeye getting buffs.

1. Flowers
    2. Sharpening stones
    3. Free dinner

Some purple tiles for Hawkeye and I don't know, a 4* Domino for Wolvie?
  • We're almost at the two month anniversary for Wolverine X and M Hawkeye getting buffs.

1. Flowers
    2. Sharpening stones
    3. Free dinner

3 for me 4 for them. I really want a 50 dollar steak. Way cheaper to cook a nice cut myself, but if its free....