Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]this powerful 3-star hero
    Boo.

Just made the game harder for all transitioning players again (i.e. nearly everyone).

Boo.

Seriously, the rate at which new characters are getting dropped is dumb. At least it's not another essential 4 star?
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    I wonder if D3 reads our opinions and listens.. I like B and C stars but I rather have Moon Knight Iron Fist etc besides Luke Cage and Falcon... Gambit Carnage Gambit So many more characters they could bring in besides Luke Cage smh
  • please give me good sleep thank you
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would be so much more excited by these new characters if it didn't cost 800 HP to buy my next character slot to accommodate them.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    I try not to be a negative nancy, but a cross-promotion release to amp everyone up for the show. Another mid-level charecter after another week long grind, and another guy to sit in my roster with many covers and will be level 40....or maybe not. Maybe he will be decent.

Regardless, when do people get excited over a release of a C list hero?

Good idea on the survival mode, poor choice for a new 4 * in Electra, and Luke Cage is just another whatever.

Hoping at least the cover on this thread isn't the cover in the game....there is a lot of very poor cover art in MPQ, but that one would be in the best of the worst for sure.
  • I am hoping they are tiding us over while they work on the Story. Lately the stories have gotten better like Hell’s Kitchen. I felt the Guardians story sucked. Maybe they will do something with Sentinels in the story and release some more X Men. But I agree, I also feel there are some given characters missing, yet they are releasing Luke Cage. That being said he does have somewhat of a cult following and is a black Marvel hero. We don’t have many of those to choose from. Falcon and Black Panther. Personally I would like to see them release Miles Morales Spiderman.

All that being said I would really like to see Gambit, he could make use of the charged tiles. I also like the new hidden attack tiles, maybe an idea for Nightcrawler. BAMF!
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Looks like that comic was used for the cover. Congrats. There are a heap of terrible ugly selections for covers, but this one is certainly worthy of being amungst the worst out there. I get that you only want to use "modern" covers, but man....put some effort into selecting some that don't look like trash. Although LC looks like he does bring something to the table....ish.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Sorry not "buying this one". Idc if he's essential it's the same process and in 2 months he's vaulted while they release, Star Lord, Ant-man etc. This is too abusive to the Marvel franchise, even if they think they are doing a service by putting them in the game.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Sorry not "buying this one". Idc if he's essential it's the same process and in 2 months he's vaulted while they release, Star Lord, Ant-man etc. This is too abusive to the Marvel franchise, even if they think they are doing a service by putting them in the game.

I don't follow. How is releasing Luke abusive to Marvel?
  • That being said he does have somewhat of a cult following and is a black Marvel hero. We don’t have many of those to choose from. Falcon and Black Panther. Personally I would like to see them release Miles Morales Spiderman!

And Storm and Nick Fury?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've put up a stat block of Luke Cage in his character thread.

We'll need to see his full ability list, but I see him as nicely strategic, at about the same power level as Punisher / Psylocke, but with better health. There are five new Active Power rainbow teams that have 3 Passives.

Luke Cage - Daken - Devil Dinosaur
    Luke Cage - Daken - Black Widow
    Luke Cage - Deadpool - Doc Oct
    Luke Cage - Deadpool - Rocket&Groot
    Luke Cage - Falcon - She-Hulk

There are 18 new Active Power rainbow teams that have 2 Passives.

Luke Cage - Devil Dinosaur - Doc Oct
    Luke Cage - Devil Dinosaur - Rocket&Groot -- All have 8500+ Health
    Luke Cage - Devil Dinosaur - Spider-Man
    Luke Cage - Deadpool - Invis Woman
    Luke Cage - Hulk - Nick Fury -- All have 8500+ Health
    Luke Cage - Nick Fury - Patch
    Luke Cage - Beast - Deadpool
    Luke Cage - Black Widow - Doc Oct
    Luke Cage - Black Widow - Rocket&Groot
    Luke Cage - Black Widow - Spider-Man
    Luke Cage - Blade - She-Hulk
    Luke Cage - Daredevil - Doc Oct
    Luke Cage - Daredevil - Rocket&Groot
    Luke Cage - Daredevil - Hulk
    Luke Cage - Daredevil - Patch
    Luke Cage - Deadpool - She-Hulk
    Luke Cage - Hulk - Mystique
    Luke Cage - Mystique - Patch

The fast blacktile.png ability should do decent damage. He currently seems to be a decent mid-tier character with good health, and a good defensive character due to decent health and a fast attack.