Forum Exclusive: Presenting Luke Cage!

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the love of God, if you ever release Iron Fist or Jessica Jones, drop this color coding of abilities and make some synergies already. Highly disappointed at how absent the synergy is between Daredevil and Elektra and that is so close to a perfect comic duo pairing.
  • Elektra then Luke cage? I'm all up for the odd character who's not that well known, but how about some popular ones now? I mean there are lots of marvel films, shouldn't you be trying to leverage that a bit more? People have been crying out for cyclops and gambit for as long as I've been playing, never heard anyone beg for these two, or falcon! And do we really need three thors, wolvies, black widows or storms?

Rant over. Unless you release a 2* hulk or some other kitty.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    And for the low price of 750 HP you too can have Luke Cage sit in your roster doing nothing because you don't have enough ISO or HP to level him and he'll probably be unplayable like most have been lately.
  • ark123 wrote:
    What the hell Luke Cage? Who's picking these? What's next, Klaw? Absorbing Man? Grey Gargoyle? Release Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, you know, characters non-uber nerds have heard of.

Luke Cage? Not even Iron Fist? Seriously? Not even Moon Knight?
    Everyone is really starting to show their (lack of) comic knowledge here. Cage was the leader of the New Avengers for the better part of the last decade. Then he was the leader of the Thunderbolts and now he's leader of the Mighty Avengers. And yes, he's getting a TV show along with DD, Jessica Jones (his wife) and Iron Fist. Moon Knight on the other hand has been retconed, rewritten and relaunched half a dozen times because he's an awful, awful character.

And I love that you insult "uber nerds" yet listed off 3 D-list villains with no problem. And I'm willing to bet that Luke Cage has appeared in more comics than S. Witch and Quicksilver combined.

It's one thing to claim to be a Marvel fan because you read the books when you were a kid and love the movies, it's another thing to be a Marvel Comics fan and actually know what you're talking about.
  • who is he? icon_rolleyes.gif
    who's next, patrick star?

btw, merry christmas y'all icon_e_wink.gif
  • To be fair, comics nerds of the 90's - you know, before Bendis made Luke Cage both more awesome and a power (ha!) player in the MU, can be forgiven their ignorance I think
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be a great time for a "Who would you like to see next?" topic icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I used to play Avengers Alliance a lot before I discovered MPQ. I really liked how they released B and C list heroes in between the more popular ones. I learned a lot by researching the ones I didn't know much about.

Not that Luke is a B or C hero. He's been around since the 70's and has had a lot of popularity in the books. Now that he's getting his own show on Netflix, I'd list him as an A class hero. If those that are complaining read up on him, I'd bet they'd enjoy his stories.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Lidolas wrote:
    I used to play Avengers Alliance a lot before I discovered MPQ. I really liked how they released B and C list heroes in between the more popular ones. I learned a lot by researching the ones I didn't know much about.

Not that Luke is a B or C hero. He's been around since the 70's and has had a lot of popularity in the books. Now that he's getting his own show on Netflix, I'd list him as an A class hero. If those that are complaining read up on him, I'd bet they'd enjoy his stories.

Its not that hes not a good character that im complaining about. I also get that they are trying to get some hype with the movies and shows. But when they have a poll asking what the people would like to see and names like nightcrawler, jean grey, gambit, carnage, green goblin, iron patriot come up and so far none have been released thats what im complaining about. In another post i said gambit which is my favorite xmen was on that list. Id actually invest money to max him out. Someone said heres just hoping these characters are being slowly and carefully worked on to be both fun and not a pile of bench ****. I really hope thats true but i feel that they are just throwing darts for character choices.
  • Lidolas
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

Its not that hes not a good character that im complaining about. I also get that they are trying to get some hype with the movies and shows. But when they have a poll asking what the people would like to see and names like nightcrawler, jean grey, gambit, carnage, green goblin, iron patriot come up and so far none have been released thats what im complaining about. In another post i said gambit which is my favorite xmen was on that list. Id actually invest money to max him out. Someone said heres just hoping these characters are being slowly and carefully worked on to be both fun and not a pile of bench ****. I really hope thats true but i feel that they are just throwing darts for character choices.

Read some of the other complaints. icon_e_wink.gif

I think Elektra made sense (maybe not her star.png power) because of the story they want to tell. Updating Murdock, new artwork for Logan, new style of nodes. She goes along with it well.

The actor for the Netflix series was announced almost at the same time as the MPQ announcement. I'm sure they're trying to build up some hype for both the show and the game. Synergization! icon_lol.gif

Given that, I do understand your concern and complaint. They asked for our imput and haven't really used it yet. I'm still holding onto hope for Kurt and Remy. I'm certain we'll see Osborn play as IP soon TM
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    turul wrote:
    MPQ, you ruined my fun of pre-leaking him! icon_e_smile.gif

Then I guess you should get even by pre-leaking the next one. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe someone needs to talk to their doctor or pharmacist about all this pre-leaking. Just saying, there's medicines for that kinda stuff now.
  • turul wrote:
    MPQ, you ruined my fun of pre-leaking him! icon_e_smile.gif

Then I guess you should get even by pre-leaking the next one. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe someone needs to talk to their doctor or pharmacist about all this pre-leaking. Just saying, there's medicines for that kinda stuff now.

But have you seen the side effects? You stop leaking and grow tentacles.
  • Run, Japanese schoolgirls, run.
  • Lidolas
    Run, Japanese schoolgirls, run.

Hopefully Luke Cage can handle it.

(trying to re-rail the thread icon_lol.gif )
  • Dr. Octopus already has tentacles.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Dr. Octopus already has tentacles.

Run Spider-man, run.
  • Average character announcements:

If we're getting 25-30 new ones each year, they need to sprinkle in rubbish with the godly

Just wish the **** ones came with free slots . . . .

He could be good for all we know regardless of his back story which Im not familiar with
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Phantron wrote:
    Dr. Octopus already has tentacles.

Run Spider-man, run.

Can't Venom make tentacles, too?
  • I'm excited if just because Jessica Jones is one of my favorite characters and this means there's still potential for showing up.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]this powerful 3-star hero
    Boo.

Just made the game harder for all transitioning players again (i.e. nearly everyone).

Boo.