giver better covers in $20 packs!!!!

2»

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    When they switched to from a 100% chance to a lower chance, people bought more $20 dollar packs. Conclusion: People are stupid. Stop buying stupid things, and people won't take advantage of you.

Translation: People price what people buy. Its priced this way, because people are dumb with their money.
  • Better covers, generally, I think.

I'm fairly new to the game, but already have a number if level 94 two star heroes. Mostly because every time I get a gold shield reward on contests (not from buying lacks) all I get is Dakken and Ares. I mean, every time. Nice to have them maxed, but it is becoming a bit boring winning battles to get the gold, and not getting a three star hero.

These odds suck, and from everything in this post, I sure will not be spending any lovely Christmas money buying the $20 packs...or any other packs, they sound lime a total money-waste.

Thanks for the warning, everyone.
  • Token packs are a complete waste of money, actually tokens are a complete waste of tokens...

Devs really need to increase percentages. Too easy they say lol. Makes no sense to grind an event for an event token and get nothing but Daken and Ares 2**.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    They used to, but then they decided people don't actually like getting a guaranteed one for their money

Whenever I think about their analysis on spending trends: "people bought more packs when we took away they guaranteed character; hence they like the variability and the increased risk"

I imagine a similar conversation happening in sessions devoting to designing slot machines: "We started with this slot machine that guaranteed at least one payout in every 10 bets, but when we eliminated the guaranteed payout suddenly people started betting way more... they must really like gambling."

Welcome, my fellow rats, to "Skinner box: MPQ edition".. this is the very definition of a Variable Ratio schedule.

We are hard-wired to chase a reward even harder when it doesn't come on a predictable schedule. We just have to want it badly enough. Check the chart with the click rates, over time for different response schedules:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement

variable ratio sees an absurdly high response rate in a very short window of time. Once you convince people that what's inside the packs is important the rest is just positive cash flow.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Glad many of you agree. From being a new player I try and catch up so I can PvP and pve better.. I got good covers but want to power up their abilities or get covers I don't have.. I think I will take a break from buying until they change drop rate