giver better covers in $20 packs!!!!

iLL619
iLL619 Posts: 170
Giving **** covers of stuff I don't need!! I still need Daredevil and other covers but you give ****.. At least make the resale higher on iso

Comments

• Don't buy cover packs... There are much better ways to spend your money, namely roster slots.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Cshack27 wrote:
    Don't buy cover packs... There are much better ways to spend your money, namely roster slots.
    I buy those too.. Lol
  • I second the notion. I buy cover packs to try and get ahead, and all the 2*s whew, or 3*s I already have max 5 for, frustrating.
  • I agree...although i've only bought one $20 pack. I got ****..plus 6 covers for abilities i already maxed. At least program it to know what you already have maxed at least.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I've only opened one 10-pack so far, the progression reward from last Season. I got two 3* and a 4*, so I couldn't complain. I suspect now that I've maxed out all my 2* characters I'm going to get real tired of the heroic drop rates real quick.
  • Yeah, no kidding. I'm about ready to stop buying hero points at all. I buy them, spend them, and all I get are covers I already have AND have fully trained. It's a complete waste of my money.

I get free hero points at times so unless I stop getting covers I already have and can't use, I won't be buying any more period.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I've only opened one 10-pack so far, the progression reward from last Season. I got two 3* and a 4*, so I couldn't complain. I suspect now that I've maxed out all my 2* characters I'm going to get real tired of the heroic drop rates real quick.

Great luck for you! The last three seasons I've scored two 10-packs for each season's rewards. That's sixty 2*s or better. I have ZERO gold covers to show for it. All sixty were 2*s. NEVER buy cover packs, it's the biggest ripoff of the game (besides iso!).
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    For 20$ or more they should guarantee you at least one good cover that you need, such as a random cover for the events essential character.

Marvel contest of champions just launched and handles this pretty well. 20$ will get you some character tokens and items but also guarantees a 3* character. In mpq 20$ will likely get a veteran player around 3000 ISO, maybe 1-2 usable covers if they are really lucky(though those covers could easily be Beast).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    brisashi wrote:
    For 20$ or more they should guarantee you at least one good cover that you need, such as a random cover for the events essential character.

Marvel contest of champions just launched and handles this pretty well. 20$ will get you some character tokens and items but also guarantees a 3* character. In mpq 20$ will likely get a veteran player around 3000 ISO, maybe 1-2 usable covers if they are really lucky(though those covers could easily be Beast).
    They used to, but then they decided people don't actually like getting a guaranteed one for their money
  • Getting good covers with every 10 pack means you get to max out your 3* very quickly. And that would mean lower revenue for them in the long run.

It's all about the money.
  • brisashi
    nivek wrote:
    Getting good covers with every 10 pack means you get to max out your 3* very quickly. And that would mean lower revenue for them in the long run.

It's all about the money.

Even with a guaranteed 3* in a pack you would still be looking at 2-3 usable covers for most people.

At two characters being added every month, those purchases would be sustainable for a long time. I'm sure they have a small handful of players that spend a few hundred dollars per month, but I imagine they would make a lot more if they had a couple thousand spending 20-40 per month.
  • Better to buy 2900 hp .. and use it to buy 2 covers of your choice (2 × 1250) hp .. you can buy an extra roster slot with the remaining 400 hp or use it for shields
  • Better to don't spend any money on this game...

Price are insane and you will get nothing ... plus if nobody spend money that will force devs to change their actual "****" system.

I don't say the game is bad but they should change their actual politic which disgust players before rewarding them.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1: Don't ever buy packs. Ever. Never, ever, ever. It's a terrible waste of money.

#2: For those arguing against actually good rewards, remember that covers are not really the end game. ISO is. You can cover-max yourself long before you can actually max characters. So giving away more covers wouldn't really hurt much, except people might like the game more.
  • Spoit wrote:
    brisashi wrote:

They used to, but then they decided people don't actually like getting a guaranteed one for their money

No, they decided they enjoyed the increased sale of cover packs when they removed the guaranteed cover. It's not that people like getting nothing, it's that some people will keep spending until they get what they want. This converted into more packs sold and they spun it as "People seem to enjoy this".

I really wish they would just plainly state the truth about things like this. It's ok, we all know they want to make money. A number of us have even suggested non-slimy ways of making MORE money. Pay walls on roster slots, lowering pull odds, and removing guaranteed covers may create short term sales, but I'm pretty sure it also creates a lot of bad feelings and thus lost long term revenue.
  • Guaranteed to get a certain character in a 10 pack is another way of saying you're almost guaranteed to not get any other 3*.

That may have been okay back when only a few characters are desireable but they did put a lot of decent 3*s now, and 4*s aren't going to be guaranteed anytime soon unless you buy a 42-pack and you'd run into the same thing as having a guaranteed 4* out of 42 when the base pull is about 3% is basically guranteed to not get any other 4*. This means you'd have to end up buying a 'guaranteed 10 pack' for every decent character and would end up almost certainly spending just as much as buying the same number of packs. Out of recent events you'd pretty much be forced to buy a guaranteed Gamora, Mystique, Blade, Loki (and you'd need 3 of those to have get the green on average), R&G, and Colossus. So you say you don't really need all those characters? Well if you only need 1 it'd be easier to focus on finishing well on the event that features that character and use the HP you saved to just upgrade covers. If you need even some of those characters you end up buying enough for things to work out to be the same on average.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron, we went over this when they first changed 10 packs. You even mentioned some numbers. The "only 1 3* in the rolls" packs had the same average odds as the '1 guaranteed' packs, an average something just over 2 and a half featured character pulls per 10 pack.

Regardless though, we don't even have packs that good any more, since it's now just double the normal odds. And twice of an infinitesimal number is still negligible.

And I'm not even going to deign to respond to how asinine "just play harder" sounds to transition people who have trouble placing even in the 2 cover reward brackets
  • My Season IX 10 pack had four (4!) 2* Captain Marvels. And that's why I'll never buy a 10 pack again.
  • brisashi
    Phantron wrote:
    Guaranteed to get a certain character in a 10 pack is another way of saying you're almost guaranteed to not get any other 3*.

It actually doesn't all, especially since a guaranteed cover would be in addition to the x10 or x42 packs. Draw percentage wouldn't need to be changed. Most freemium titles use a model like this and net a mich larger profit than mpq does.

It isn't your job to try and shut down every suggestion to improve this game.
  • Stop buying cover packs...