Bugged enemy levels in pve

Options
2»

Comments

• Sumilea wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    The problem with this event is not that 1-2* rosters have easier nodes than people with 3-4* rosters. The problem is that players with similar rosters in the same time shards are facing vastly different levels. A person with multiple maxed 166s facing all lvl 60 nodes is going to have an unfair advantage over someone with maxed 166s facing nodes in the high 200s.

Sorry, but could you post a link to the convo where that's happening, or is this private alliance chats? As far as I could tell in the main event thread, few people confirmed their brackets and time slices along with roster strength, and the subevent switch seemed to add to the confusion along with mid-subevent scaling updates.

Both LoreNYC and myself have in excess of a dozen maxed 3* fully covered Xforce and Goddess of Thunders. We are both in the current open bracket in time slice 2. I got hit with the bug at the start of the 3rd set of subs so currently the highest lvl node I see is 60 with most of the nodes under lvl 40. LoreNYC has not been so lucky yet and so their levels are normal and range all the way up to nearly 300. This was all stated this morning in the http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19895 thread

Thanks. I see why the forums aren't in outrage; people might just say, bad scaling/sharding as usual, or new effects of time sharding. The ones who are actually affected by the bug have lower scaling than usual and are less inclined to complain, thinking it a global repeat of the Magneto PVE low scaling. Does anyone know if this is a platform issue? They were having partial outages (eg all events missing) yesterday, so I'm also wondering if that is related.
  • The main issue I see is that it's random. In the previous event when they were testing the time shards I had this happen to me. I assumed they just dropped the levels to test out participation in different time shards. You would assume that event where they're featuring a 4* reward there would be more open assurances that this was indeed a problem that would be fixed. Meanwhile some people are spending 10s of thousands of ISO to clear nodes at half the speed of people who are facing base level enemies. Perhaps in the code there's a - where there should be a +.

I don't know and I'm not a coder but it's frustrating to know that while one person has to bust their **** to try and compete, others are given a golden parachute to the easy finish line. If this was true pve where there was no leader board perhapit wouldn't seem so ridiculous but featured a competition to win the new 4* where the rules are different for everyone is silly.

Please fix this problem before the next pve assuming it's too late to fix this one. And sorry to all the people who get doubly screwed if they miss Electra knowing that she will be necessary to do wells in the next pve.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Any chance this will be fixed so we don't have people fighting for the same rewards where some maxed lol rosters see level 25s while other maxed level rosters see 250+

It's really getting old

Just want to give a heads up that we're definitely aware of the issue and we've got a bunch of people working on it. This is a big priority (obviously) and we're working hard to get it fixed ASAP.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Any chance this will be fixed so we don't have people fighting for the same rewards where some maxed lol rosters see level 25s while other maxed level rosters see 250+

It's really getting old

Just want to give a heads up that we're definitely aware of the issue and we've got a bunch of people working on it. This is a big priority (obviously) and we're working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

Please let the fix be bugs for all. No scaling for anyone.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

It's really getting old

THANK YOU!! And nice signature pic BTW!
  • lukewin wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

It's really getting old

Please let the fix be bugs for all. No scaling for anyone.

Fix scaling for everyone, im new in the game, so pve is the best way to get new characters for me, and i dont want to fight whitout scaling, because whitout scaling, players whit maxed cover they can clear all the nodes easily in 20 minutes, that is not the case whit new players. My best character lvl 80, so my nodes are not at all trivial, if we all play whitout scaling veteran player have one big advantage.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lirisisk wrote:

Fix scaling for everyone, im new in the game, so pve is the best way to get new characters for me, and i dont want to fight whitout scaling, because whitout scaling, players whit maxed cover they can clear all the nodes easily in 20 minutes, that is not the case whit new players. My best character lvl 80, so my nodes are not at all trivial, if we all play whitout scaling veteran player have one big advantage.

In my experience, vets are still able to clear nodes that I get scaled out of. They face scaling as well, but they manage to complete them, while I can not. Don't think scaling being back on will help you as much as you think. Without scaling, PVE is more about hitting every refresh, than it is about anything else. Since the scaling has been out of whack, turning it back on now doesn't really allow anyone to catch up.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Lirisisk wrote:

In my experience, vets are still able to clear nodes that I get scaled out of. They face scaling as well, but they manage to complete them, while I can not. Don't think scaling being back on will help you as much as you think. Without scaling, PVE is more about hitting every refresh, than it is about anything else. Since the scaling has been out of whack, turning it back on now doesn't really allow anyone to catch up.

Yes i know, but whit scaled nodes veterans need to fight,, sometimes they lose, or you never lose whit scaled nodes?, in this pve vets are killing flys.
    Scaling doesnt help anyone, and that is the point.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Lirisisk wrote:

That's true to a certain extent. Having a stronger roster usually allows you to pull some really cheap tricks that makes even seemingly very high level enemies manageable, until you run into a level 395 Juggeranut or OBW who takes half of your life in one turn with match damage + Espionage, and then you're totally screwed. Since this event lacks the usual PvE powerhouses as your enemy, the veteran rosters can at least keep up against guys with very low scaling because you're not fighting the DAs for a change. A character like The Hulk is even somewhat favorable if he's higher level than expected because not having to worry about triggering Anger means you don't have to abandon any strike-tile based strategy against him. But normally, if you're fighting DAs, their ability to drop pretty much anyone in one move at high levels tends to trump any cheap moves you can possibly use on them.
  • I had normal scaling for 1st two subs, but got the bug for the third. I have no motivation to play this third sub. Getting level 15 opponents is boring as hell, so definitely rooting for this to be fixed and business as usual.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

It's really getting old

To heck with that. And to heck with time slices. Fix the refresh timers so we can have lives. Otherwise, no matter what changes you make, pve will always be broken.

Do you get to spend time with your family and friends during the week and weekend? Do you have to plan it around a 2.5-3 hour timer if you want to play a game? Then, why do you do this to us, and why is fixing scaling a greater priority than fixing the ridiculous refresh timers?

You're spending countless work time fixing scaling, when changing the refresh timer to a sensible 6-8 hours would take a fraction of the time and do more to fix pve and make players happy than almost any other change to pve.

Edit - I don't want time slices to go away. I just think time slices are not a panacea for broken timers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

It's really getting old

To heck with that. And to heck with time slices. Fix the refresh timers so we can have lives. Otherwise, no matter what changes you make, pve will always be broken.

Do you get to spend time with your family and friends during the week and weekend? Do you have to plan it around a 2.5-3 hour timer if you want to play a game? Then, why do you do this to us, and why is fixing scaling a greater priority than fixing the ridiculous refresh timers?

You're spending countless work time fixing scaling, when changing the refresh timer to a sensible 6-8 hours would take a fraction of the time and do more to fix pve and make players happy than almost any other change to pve.
    Amen.