Elektra a forced 4*

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Dispite of her pretty well built skill, Elektra is nobody in marvel universe.
She's not worth titled legendary character in par with well known god/goddess, weapon-x, avengers initiator, member of the 1st superhero team.
Well Devil Dino is an anniversary joke, but still make sense coz he's a dinosaur.

I bet she's actually designed as 3*,but forced to 4* due to repeat selling success on previous Thoress PVE (assumption tho) before end year holiday.
ima a PVE lover but this time, i don't buy it. I "forced" her into my roster coz she's needed on next PVE.
Well,before releasing another 4*, please fix/buff IW first.

tldr : Isn't she famous coz bullseye beat her, geez.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They releasing a new minion group Hand, & storyline, & other Hand members.
    It is good one of them is 4*.

Lets hope Elektra will have strong enough abilities fully covered, that is thr main concern...
  • turul wrote:
    They releasing a new minion group Hand, & storyline, & other Hand members.
    It is good one of them is 4*.

Lets hope Elektra will have strong enough abilities fully covered, that is thr main concern...

Interesting,,but is "the hand" a well known saga?
    tbh,for 4* female candidates, i prefer classic one and exists in multiple saga, could be rogue, scarlet witch, emma frost or jean grey as phoenix.
  • If we're speculating, they could reveal at any point in the future that 4* Elektra is queen of the skrulls
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am more familiar with Elektra than I am with Nick Fury Jr.
  • tobi69 wrote:
    Interesting,,but is "the hand" a well known saga?
    tbh,for 4* female candidates, i prefer classic one and exists in multiple saga, could be rogue, scarlet witch, emma frost or jean grey as phoenix.

Frank Miller's Daredevil run featuring Elektra and the Hand is plenty famous, yes. She was also featured prominently in Wolverine after House of M, not to mention Secret Invasion.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the released her I mentioned I didn't feel she "felt" 4* either. Kind of a "normal" mutant. Fury, Dino felt more special I think. However 4* Thor is 'just' Thor, S&V is 'just' wolvy, IW is....terrible.

The real super-powerful (Scarlett Witch, Jean Grey, Charles X, Thanos, Silver Surfer) - where are they, future 5*'s?
  • Stan Lee as first 6* - heard it here first
  • Star level has no real relation to character calibre. For instance, Wolverine now spans the 2-4* range, as does Thor. Devil Dinosaur only came in 1* and 4* versions. Invisible Woman and Nick Fury are only 4*, while Juggernaut is only 1*.

If Nick Fury had to fight Juggernaut, his only trick would be escaping with his life.

Sentry should have been a 4*. Hulk could have been a 4*.

The Fantastic Four should all be in the game by now as 3*s. Unless they really wanted to unleash IW's potential, but she'd have to do a little better than locking tiles.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Stan Lee as first 6* - heard it here first, True Believer.
    fixed that for you
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    fixed that for you

Excelsior!
  • PorkBelly wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    fixed that for you

Excelsior!

'Nuff said.

Now, where's my No Prize?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elektra's certainly a prominent character - she's got her own movie, which is more than Nick Fury, She-Thor or Devil Dino. I have no problems with defining her as well-known.

She's also been involved in a few large scale "events", and has a reputation as one of the deadliest assassins in the world. She's also led The Hand, and this fact is what starts to bring her in line with how 4* characters should be defined - as Team Leaders. Nick Fury as Director of SHIELD, Wolverine as the leader of X-Force, Elektra as the leader of The Hand. In this way, the 4* versions of characters represent those characters when they are leaders. Did Sue ever lead the Fantastic Four? I'm sure she must have at some point or other?

Unfortunately, I think we're already at the point where 4*'s are more about trying to encourage spending.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The * has always indicated rarity of a cover, not character power. While a 4* can reach a higher level and be more powerful than a 3* that is a game mechanic, not a judgement call on the relative power of the characters within the Marvel Universe.

Thor originated as a 2*, Storm as a 1* while Dr Octopus is a 3*. Wolverine is a 2* a 3* and a 4* while Ares, the god of war is a 2* and Sentry is a 3*. Spiderman is a 2* and a 3* while venom is only a single *.

If we're working on a hypothesis that * value indicates the power of the character in canon then you need to have an explanation for pretty much all of that. Or you can accept that it is simply an indication of rarity and that there is a certain power boost inherent in cover rarity.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Elektra's certainly a prominent character - she's got her own movie, which is more than Nick Fury, She-Thor or Devil Dino.

O RLY?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119781/

Granted, not a theatrical release, and certainly not worth watching, but there was a Nick Fury movie.
  • Star level has no real relation to character calibre. For instance, Wolverine now spans the 2-4* range, as does Thor. Devil Dinosaur only came in 1* and 4* versions. Invisible Woman and Nick Fury are only 4*, while Juggernaut is only 1*.

If Nick Fury had to fight Juggernaut, his only trick would be escaping with his life.

Sentry should have been a 4*. Hulk could have been a 4*.

The Fantastic Four should all be in the game by now as 3*s. Unless they really wanted to unleash IW's potential, but she'd have to do a little better than locking tiles.

I am with you on Sentry should of been a 4 instead of giving him a nerf now his just as useful as doc oct
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    O RLY?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119781/

Granted, not a theatrical release, and certainly not worth watching, but there was a Nick Fury movie.

Whoa! David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury? Now I must watch this to truly learn what pain and sadness is! I bet there's a fine drinking game that can be made in association with this movie.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Nellobee, fine, "Nick Fury Jnr." icon_razz.gif

@Puce Moose, from memory it's "while the movie is playing, drink"
  • You can argue that Elektra is a prominent character just as well as you can argue that she isn't. I think a better question is: Is she a more prominent character than several unreleased ones that could end up being 4*? The answer is no. I get the argument star power has nothing to do with the character's power in the actual Marvel universe, but do you really want a 4* Elektra more than say a 4* Phoenix? I know I personally don't. Elektra is a unique character in the Marvel universe and a relatively prominent one especially during the Frank Miller Daredevil run, but I would have to agree that as a 4* she seems to be forced. Especially considering the characters yet to be released.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just judging by the community response, I think it's pretty clear that Elektra feels very forced as a 4-star character, in terms of her power level, popularity and prominence in the Marvel universe. I think it's just because that, after the current season, they will be out of new 4-star characters to give out as Season rewards, so they really needed to introduce a new one in order to keep the Seasons "competitive" for new desirable covers.

For all we know they originally planned her to be a 3-star addition. All they need to do to change a character to 3-star to 4 is just to give them a higher level cap, after all.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    The real super-powerful (Scarlett Witch, Jean Grey, Charles X, Thanos, Silver Surfer) - where are they, future 5*'s?

Ssshh.. Don't give them the idea. icon_lol.gif