Ivan "D3" Drago

Options
Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Well I've tried and I tried but another 4* is on its way and I am going to fall short on enough iso to max her.
You win!
imustbreakyou_zps286061bd.png

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "But sir Colognoissuer doesn't have enough ISO."

"If he buys, he buys"
  • Accident-eLe
    Options
    I was recently thinking to myself that I have no problem with the communities concept of whales. If you want to buy covers so you can have max guys go for it. The ISO is a little different as that is where the advantage in actual battle comes. I applaud you for earning yours and am glad you enjoy the game. In my mind you remind me of my friends who buy league of legends characters on release. They want to play with them and why stop them. The only p2w aspects if this game I don't like are shielding and boosts. I understand that the current PVP system doesn't really function without shielding and I don't have a specific solution to fix that. Purchasing ISO, boosts, and shields all give players an advantage that I don't like. It would be akin to LOL allowing you to purchase items in game for real money.

I know this doesn't really have relevance to your OP it just got me thinking. Please don't cave and bug ISO. Your information on LRs and example has convinced me I can farm enough to enjoy this game and not go crazy. If they brake you what will the rest of us do?
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think d3 believes that we need a 3* to 4* transition to keep the game interesting for the veterans.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigOldBob wrote:
    I think d3 believes that we need a 3* to 4* transition to keep the game interesting for the veterans.
    A slice of cheesecake is interesting. Trying to eat the whole cake will make you heave. Elektra as a 4* is making me heave.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What really annoys me is that Elektra doesn't feel like a 4*. She's a second-string supporting character for Daredevil; she's neither particularly iconic (Nick Fury, Wolverine, Thor) nor massively powerful (Invisible Woman, Devil Dinosaur). I can see where the devs are going - encouraging a 4* transition process for the veterans who'll go the distance, and I'd be interested to see how the 4* tier develops in terms of balance within itself rather than mixed into the 3* tier. But they need to pick their 4*s better.

Going with the GotG theme, Drax would've been acceptable as a 4*. Or if they're building up to a Daredevil-themed PVE or event, why not Kingpin, with minion-summoning powers similar to Fury's Avengers Assemble?
  • Elektra is meant as a support character. She is the 1st 4* support character. I dont mind d3 implementing her because top players need a top support character
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattfal wrote:
    Elektra is meant as a support character. She is the 1st 4* support character. I dont mind d3 implementing her because top players need a top support character
    Well, Baglady is a support character.
    She sucks, but she's a support character.

Would have preferred they fix her instead of introducing a new 4*, with a mega-grind PVE to boot, but oh well.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Would have preferred they fix her instead of introducing a new 4*, with a mega-grind PVE to boot, but oh well.

Yeah, very good point. On the one side, a sudden revamp of IW will cause a similar problem to X-Force: we have her covers. Even worse, THEY have her covers. If she became OP, we'd be doomed.

But they really should clean up their messes before making new ones.
  • "Colog averages 100K ISO a week. It takes over 500K ISO to max a 4 star character, so the results are quite obvious."

"And what results are those?"

"Whatever D3 hits, they destroy!"
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    What really annoys me is that Elektra doesn't feel like a 4*. She's a second-string supporting character for Daredevil; she's neither particularly iconic (Nick Fury, Wolverine, Thor) nor massively powerful (Invisible Woman, Devil Dinosaur). I can see where the devs are going - encouraging a 4* transition process for the veterans who'll go the distance, and I'd be interested to see how the 4* tier develops in terms of balance within itself rather than mixed into the 3* tier. But they need to pick their 4*s better.

Going with the GotG theme, Drax would've been acceptable as a 4*. Or if they're building up to a Daredevil-themed PVE or event, why not Kingpin, with minion-summoning powers similar to Fury's Avengers Assemble?

Or how about ANY 4* villains!!!

Where is Thanos?!?!?

Okay, so I may be slightly biased when I say Thanos, but really - we need 4* baddies!!!

On topic though, I agree that Elektra doesn't feel like a 4* character...but then again, Juggernaut and Venom don't feel like 1* characters either.....*shrugs*.....
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Eh, I guess we differ. He's clearly a 3* to me. Meat shield-ish brute. 10k HPs with powerful strikes, etc.

Ronan's a 4*. Adam Warlock's a 4*. Surfer's a 4*. Dark Phoenix's a 4*. Iceman **SHOULD** be a 4*.

Bullseye is a 3* outside of Dark Reign. He has low HP, but is deceptively good at dealing precise damage.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please don't cave and bug ISO. Your information on LRs and example has convinced me I can farm enough to enjoy this game and not go crazy. If they brake you what will the rest of us do?

Nope I promise no ISO buying. I've been off that for a year now. This is mostly a PSA that I won't be performing my usual job of providing a maxed character for reference upon release. By the end of the LR which start the day after release I think I'll have enough ISO then.

I am definitely asking the devs in the next Q&A if a new 4* a month is the new normal. If true then the end game has now become 4*, which is fine but it would be nice to know.

For all who think Elektra doesn't deserve to be a 4* based on her standing in the comics I wholeheartedly agree. She would get her butt kicked by any of the other 4*'s
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    On topic though, I agree that Elektra doesn't feel like a 4* character...but then again, Juggernaut and Venom don't feel like 1* characters either.....*shrugs*.....
    Ok, this is kind of off-topic, but wasn't Elektra the leader of the Hand for a while? If so, that fits well with the other 4*s, like Fury and X-Force. I usually think of her as on par with Bullseye and Daredevil, but perhaps she has been more dangerous than both these two in certain storylines.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Yeah they seem to flop around pretty hard as far as who is actually more powerful and who isn't. Trouble is they probably feel they just need more 4 stars by now.
  • Heh. Don't you wish you hadn't maxed IW now? icon_e_wink.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This thread needs a training montage of a puny 1* player beefing up into 4* territory (maybe in a hut in the Russian mountains)
  • My only hope for the release of more 4*'s is that they are secretly planning to change Standard tokens to being 1 and 2*s only and Heroics to 3 and 4* only and therefore not have a need for the rotation...

Its a small hope, but it's the only one i got...
  • No sympathy.

Try building 3 star roster in this new age without buying 90% covers.

Can't even get on that Hulk Hogan Rocky III cameo level mang :/
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra is nice. But more gazillions of ISO and by the looks of it the next 4 star.png should be Captain Barracuda.

Joking, it must be Professor X and Mr. Fantastic and later Ultron.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, very good point. On the one side, a sudden revamp of IW will cause a similar problem to X-Force: we have her covers. Even worse, THEY have her covers. If she became OP, we'd be doomed.

But they really should clean up their messes before making new ones.

I can see the complaints now.

D3: let's fix IW like XF.

Post 1: it just makes whales richer.
    Post 2: clearly a cash grab
    Post 3: why did it take so long
    Post 4: they are over saturating the 4*
    Post 5: it only helps casuals since you get them earlier in daily reward.
    Post 6: why haven't they fixed (insert character here) before IW
    Post 7: they should fix (insert pve or pvp here) first
    Post 8: I'm sure this will be released in awful pve mode
    Post 9: this only helps top alliances
    Post 10: too many characters
    Post 9001: thanks D3

That's what would happen if they buffed IW.