Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    550 standards
    12 10-Pack Heroics
    35 single Heroics
    100+ assorted event tokens

I got a single blueflag.png Thor from all of those. I did score a couple needed covers like Gamora, R&G, Blade though. The rest were all sold for about 140k ISO in all.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why horde the tokens? I always open them immediately. Am I doing it wrong?

Some of us are avid players. Who have all the "key" chars with full covers. Thorina was not in heroic tokens last season. We need nothing else. So we hoard tokens. Now, that thorina is added to heroic tokems, it's Boxing Day: open all tokens.

I opened 70+ single heroics and 6 x 10 packs.

Is there a higher chance of opening a 3* when you hoard tokens? Maybe I'm just kidding myself, but I've started saving my standards till I have 25-50, and then open them all at once. This is purely anecdotal, but I seem to open quite a few more 3*s than I did in the past when I opened them as soon as I received them...
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    san-mpq wrote:
    Why horde the tokens? I always open them immediately. Am I doing it wrong?

Some of us are avid players. Who have all the "key" chars with full covers. Thorina was not in heroic tokens last season. We need nothing else. So we hoard tokens. Now, that thorina is added to heroic tokems, it's Boxing Day: open all tokens.

I opened 70+ single heroics and 6 x 10 packs.

Is there a higher chance of opening a 3* when you hoard tokens? Maybe I'm just kidding myself, but I've started saving my standards till I have 25-50, and then open them all at once. This is purely anecdotal, but I seem to open quite a few more 3*s than I did in the past when I opened them as soon as I received them...

yes, u are kidding yourself, the odds are the same. I have started a new account and the very first standard token i opened was a colossus.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Flare808 wrote:
    Anecdotal, but I opened 550ish standards and no Thor.

Anecdotally, I'm on about day 397 and I've never pulled a 4* out of a standard. Considering you need to open about 1700 standards for the odds of getting a single 4* to be 50%, don't let 4*s determine your standards opening. You will not pull a 4* out of a standard token.

as others have stated, pulling 4* out of a standard is totally possible. even though the odds are low. My alliance mate just got a xforce yellow yesterday.

I am merely asking: has thorina been added to that pool? icon_e_smile.gif
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

yes, u are kidding yourself, the odds are the same. I have started a new account and the very first standard token i opened was a colossus.

Yes you're probably right. However, I still enjoy knowing that at least I will likely open one 3* if I open 20 at once, rather than have 19 disappointments and one happy ending...
  • as others have stated, pulling 4* out of a standard is totally possible. even though the odds are low. My alliance mate just got a xforce yellow yesterday.

I realize it's possible, it's just incredibly rare. If the .02% figure is accurate, there's an average of one per 5,000 standards. If there are four 4*s in that pool, as there should be once she gets added, then there's one 4* Thor in every 20,000 standard tokens.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    452 standard tokens
    68 single heroics
    11 10-paks

0 4* thor

i did get a couple rocket & groot, a blade, a mystique and my first red colossus from a token, the rest was a lot of ISO

nothing like seeing months of work amount to nothing to encourage me to keep playing
  • I was waiting for Patch, & DD to return to return for months!
    When I read that they were returning i started to save.
    Also really want to get full coverage for Sentry, Punisher & Classic Magneto, Classic Torch, Steve.

but anyway this is how it went:

From 5 heroic tokens i got only 5 star.pngstar.png 's.

from 155 standard tokens:

icon_daredevil.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png
    icon_hood.pngblackflag.png
    icon_loki.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_mystique.pngblueflag.png
    icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.png
    icon_beast.pngyellowflag.png

so that's kinda cool.
    Not perfect, but at least they were all usable. icon_e_wink.gif
    And pretty good pull rate! Like really good icon_razz.gif

And, as always, in thanks, I shall sacrifice my 1's & 2's to the rng godz

edit:
    Reading through the posts more carefully I see that no one pulled a Punisher, Cmags or Human Torch.
    Are they actually out of rotation?
    icon_cry.gificon_question.gif