Token opening time!

Options
Spoit
Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So now that the character rotation that we've all been waiting for has happened, what are people getting with their rolls?

I got a green loki (and a patch green, cm red, and hulk red) from 130 standards

And in 14 10-packs I got:
FT redtile.png
xforce blackflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_gamora.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
icon_hood.pngblackflag.png
icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
icon_blade.pngblackflag.png
icon_spiderman.png 2x yellowflag.png
icon_colossus_new.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png
icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
icon_doctoroctopus.pnggreenflag.png 2x blackflag.png
icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png
icon_sentry.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_hulk.pngredflag.png
icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png

And like 3 or 4 10-packs with no cardpack.png at all

EDIT: my 44 loose heroics maybe had better luck than my 10 packs:
icon_loki.pnggreenflag.png
icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png
icon_rocket.pngblueflag.png
FT redflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
icon_storm.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
Of which only the last 3 I can't use, unlike the the mostly redundant pulls from my 10 packs

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 6 loose heroics and a 10 pack.
    I got a yellow Cap, which I needed (finally at 3/5/5), a green IW, which I didn't already have, and a purple DD, which I didn't need.

Covers sold did give me the last bit of ISO I needed to be able to take my XForce to 270 though, so happy days.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened my tokens.

70 Standard tokens got me a lot of ISO. No 3* pulls at all.

Out of 19 heroics and 1 ten-pack, I got the following better than 2* covers:

Patch Yellow
    4* Thor Red
    Loki Purple
    Storm Yellow
    Daredevil Red
    Gamora Green

Could only use Gamora's green and Thor's red out of those, but I got a 4* cover I need, so I'm happy. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Had like 100 standard and 47 heroics. Got more Deadpool covers (3) then I've ever pulled in the rest of my tokens put together I'm pretty sure. Had like 3 Gamoras, 3 Colossus, 1 R&G, 1 Loki green, and Blade to round out the list of somewhat useful 3*. Pulled a green X Force which would be good if he's not already maxed.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Opened 20 Heroics and 85 standards.

3 (3!!!?!) blueflag.pngicon_beast.png
    This is when I realized the game hates me.

blueflag.pngicon_hood.png

redflag.pngicon_deadpool.png

The red Deadpool made me smile, and the whole thing worth it, since I was at 3/5/5 at level 166.
    You crazy, MPQ.

No 4*s, no icon_loki.png and no icon_daredevil.png though I have 5/3/5 already anyway.
  • Got an IW blueflag.png out of my 20 Heroics. A 4* but a useless one.

Few 3* from 300+ standard, including Green Loki, Green Hulk, Blue Mystique, Yellow Patch (sold), and like 30,000 iso8.png in cover sales.
  • 2 10 packs, 55 standard tokens and another 10 heroics got me the following:

2 Daredevil
    2 Captain Marvel
    1 Spider Man
    1 Colossus
    1 Beast
    1 Hood
    1 Deadpool
    1 She Hulk

No 4*, but I can't really complain. I still want to pump my X-Force up more, but I got my 5th blue in The Hood, which is about as good as it gets.
  • Sorry if this has been asked, but I do need to know:

Is thorina in STANDARD tokens at all?

026.PNG

If She is in there, i will open my standards. If not, I won't. I don't need anything else.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I do need to know:

Is thorina in STANDARD tokens at all?

026.PNG

If She is in there, i will open my standards. If not, I won't. I don't need anything else.

Anecdotal, but I opened 550ish standards and no Thor.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't actually pull her, but I got a green loki, which was just rotated back in at the same time, so she theoretically should be in standards
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Statistically, 4-stars are in less than 0.1% of the standard tokens, so people saying they haven't gotten one doesn't really help unless they have opened 10,000 standards or so.

Anyway... about 80 standards, 15 Heroics, 2 10-packs, one Gauntlet token and 4 Brotherhood tokens I managed to hold on to. Only thing I got that was really useful was icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.png . Also got Hood, Hulk, Patch, Daredevil in the three-star category, but all in colors I have maxed already.
    My secondary OBW I started this week is coming along nicely though, she's 3/3/4 now.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    19 heroics: beast, shehulk
    1x10 heroic: loki green, hulk
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just opened 6 heroic 10-packs (I opened my singles and standards earlier). Good draws, but nothing I can use:

icon_thor.png (4*) yellowflag.png
    icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
    icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_wolverine.png (4*): yellowflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_doctoroctopus.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_wolverine.png (3*): greenflag.png
    icon_loki.pngblackflag.png (not green!)
    icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_blade.pngblackflag.png
    icon_hulk.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png

So 12 out of 60 were 3* or 4*, and five were 4*. Just wish they had been some covers I could use. But 20k ISO isn't bad.
  • Flare808 wrote:

Anecdotally, I'm on about day 397 and I've never pulled a 4* out of a standard. Considering you need to open about 1700 standards for the odds of getting a single 4* to be 50%, don't let 4*s determine your standards opening. You will not pull a 4* out of a standard token.
  • 111 Standards:

Useful tokens
    Gamora and a Hulk (second hulk on my roster for who knows why)

vendor: Sentry

10 Heroics:
    no golds

1 10 pack:
    Red SThor (5th cover) woot
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Flare808 wrote:

Anecdotally, I'm on about day 397 and I've never pulled a 4* out of a standard. Considering you need to open about 1700 standards for the odds of getting a single 4* to be 50%, don't let 4*s determine your standards opening. You will not pull a 4* out of a standard token.

Also anecdotal, but over the course of the year I've been playing, maybe about 4-8 of my IW and X-Force covers came from standards. There was a good stretch of time where I was a lot more likely to pull a 4* character out of standards than a 3*. I haven't pulled Thor from standards, but she is in the pack, I'm sure.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Flare808 wrote:

I got some of my X-F from standards. Not sure how many, but I know I didn't earn him and he's full covered now. I got a few 3* this week that I couldn't use, but I got my third Nick Fury blue, two of which came from standard.

One thing that is so important to consider when opening tokens is that each token is independent. Like, if you flip a coin twice, there isn't a 100% chance to get a result on each side. You have 50% each time you flip. The odds don't change. All D3 is doing is providing stats for multiple individual token cash ins.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Why horde the tokens? I always open them immediately. Am I doing it wrong?
  • Why horde the tokens? I always open them immediately. Am I doing it wrong?

Some people horde them waiting for someone to be added to the packs.
  • 15 Heroic, 20 normal...

1 x Blue Fury (didn't need)

1 x Groot Green (ho hum)
    1 x Blade Green (useful)

Rest were 2* and 1* usual stuff.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why horde the tokens? I always open them immediately. Am I doing it wrong?

Some of us are avid players. Who have all the "key" chars with full covers. Thorina was not in heroic tokens last season. We need nothing else. So we hoard tokens. Now, that thorina is added to heroic tokems, it's Boxing Day: open all tokens.

I opened 70+ single heroics and 6 x 10 packs.

to cite another example:

blogger-image-801068535.jpg

I already have all 5 of them maxed out. There is no need to open the tokens to get the same old **** covers. I would wait to see if thorina/new chars like groot/gamora are added.